main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dark Tide--After the Yuuzhan Vong

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediStryker, Mar 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Here is my try at writing Star Wars! I love to write, and eventually want to be an author. So tell what you think, good or bad, and tell me if you want me to keep writing it!
    Thanx

Star Wars
    The Dark Tide

By Peter Michaelson

Jaina Solo walked briskly down the hall of the large starship, her flightsuit heavy after a long day of flying. Ever since she had taken command of Rogue Squadron, she very little time to do anything but fly. The galaxy was still getting over the chaos the Yuuzhan Vong had caused, and it was up to the New Republic to restore order.
    Jaina finally reached her cabin, punched in her security code, and sighed as the door slid open. She was sure there would be another message. She walked in, sliding her thin yet fit body out of the heavy orange flightsuit. Then she turned to the HoloComm, and sure enough, the little green light on the top indicated there was another message for her. Her heart ached as she hit the ?receive? button next to the light. Suddenly, a miniature version of her beloved appeared on the HoloPad. He was dressed in a black jumpsuit, with a robe hanging off his shoulders and a lightsaber on his side. ?Hello, my love!? he began, ?It?s benn awhile since I?ve heard from you. I know that you?re busy, but I just wanted to send a quick message to let you know that I miss you, and that I can?t wait until you return to Coruscant. I am going to be gone for the next couple of days, your uncle has something he needs be to do for him, so until then, I love you, and may the Force be with you.? Then, with a wink and a smile, the message ended. Oh Matt, Jaina thought, I wish I could be with you. Jaina then laid her head back onto the soft chair she had sunk into, and fell promptly asleep.

Mara and Luke were sitting in the conference room on Yavin when the chime rang. ?Enter,? Luke called out. The door slid open, and there stood Matt Stryker, Jedi Knight. Luke smiled slightly, impressed at the sight of Matt dressed in his Jedi outfit. Matt had become an official Jedi during the height of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. His Jedi mentor had been killed on a remote planet while he and Matt were investigating reports of Vong activity there. Matt, using the Force, was able to escape, proving that he had mastered the ways of the Jedi.
    ?Come in, Matt. We have much to discuss,? Luke gestrued toward the empty chair across from him and Mara. Matt smiled warmly. ?Master Luke, Mara.? He nodded to each as he sat. Mara smiled back at him. ?Matt, we have been impressed by your rapid growth in the Force.? Matt nodded. ?I have been doing a lot of meditating and self-training.? ?We have noticed,? Luke said. ?You have taken your training very seriously, even after being made a Jedi. That is a trait that is all too lacking in some others. That is why we have decided that it is time you take a pupil of your own.? Matt?s eyes widened. ?Er, thank you, Master,? he said. ?But I have been a Jedi for only two years; surely there are others who are stronger in the Force...? he couldn?t finish. Mara smiled warmly at Matt, her green eyes bright. ?Others who are stronger, perhaps, but none who match your conviction to grow in the Force. You will make an excellent teacher.? Luke stood suddenly, and Matt and Mara followed suit. Luke handed Matt a datacard. ?This is your pupil. Her name is Saara. She has passed the basic training with ease, and is very ready to become an apprentice. She will be meeting you tomorrow in the lightsaber training yard. I want you to put her to the test, tell me what you think before you take her on as your student.? Matt nodded, and found that he was having a hard time swallowing. ?Yes, Master Luke. Thank you.? As he turned to leave, Luke put his hand on his shoulder. ?You will do very well, Matt. I know it.? Then he smiled. Matt smiled in return, then left the office, his stomach twisting as he walked.

Matt had done quite well for himself. He was one of the youngest true Jedi Knights in the galaxy. He was only nineteen! He had come to the academy when he was fifteen, a small, quiet boy, but a

2. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Well, seeing as how mine is the only story w/out a respones, I'm taking the hint. No more Star Wars stories for me!

3. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    eek.gif Don't quit just because you didn't get a response. Some people are just slow at posting(like me)and others read but don't post. Your doing great. Please continue. Have some faith in your self. Your story is starting out wonderful. Just keep posting.

4. pickleboy

pickleboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2000
    your story is great! Don't stop!

5. pickleboy

pickleboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2000
    your story is great! Don't stop!

6. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Okay, I appreciate it. I will finish part 2 today...

7. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Deep in the dark woods, Jacen Solo sat alone, his eyes closed. He was meditating, deep in the Force. Jacen had been called here to Yavin by his uncle, although he still did not know why. It annoyed him a bit, being at the Jedi Master?s beck and call. Soon it will be different, Jacen thought to himself. Soon, I?ll be the master.
    He stood up, his robe hanging off his muscled body well. During the last months of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong, Jacen had begun to bulk up, surprising those who knew him well. While Jacen had never been weak, he had also never been known to worry much about being very strong physically. ?If only they knew...? he muttered to himself.
    Jacen had once aspired to become a great Jedi Knight, strong and at peace in the Force. Then, the Yuuzhan Vong had come, ravaging the galaxy. The Jedi had been largely unsuccesful at defeating the Vong at first. Jacen himself had been disturbed by the fact that the Vong did not register with the Force as he knew it. Finally, as he watched his friends die at the hands of the Vong, Jacen could no longer stand it. He began to draw upon the Force more and more, allowing his pent up anger and frustration feed the power of the Force, until one day he had grown so powerfully in the Darkside that he ?saw? the Vong; tiny whispers that only registered with the Darkside. Jacen realized that, to a certain extent, the Vong had somehow only grown in the negative side of the Force. From then on, Jacen had trained to harness the powers of the Darkside. He had grown strong; but was careful to conceal his powers from others. He knew he could not let the other Jedi know of his turn to the Darkside. Especially his uncle, who had nearly sacrificed his life once to destroy it.
    Suddenly, Jacen felt a ripple in the Force, and he recognized it immediately. It was Anakin, his younger brother. ?Jacen.? He turned, and his eyes widened a bit when he saw him. Anakin had grown much since he last saw him, and his strength in the Force had grown, as well. ?Brother!? Jacen cried, and he threw his arms around him. Anakin laughed as he embraced his older sibling. ?Jacen! It?s been too long.? Jacen stood back, and smiled warmly. ?You have grown, Anakin.? Jacen looked at the new lightsaber dangling at his brothers side. ?And you are a full-fledged Jedi now, I see.? Anakin shrugged. ?Uncle Luke said it was time. He said that the way I handled the Vong proved that I was ready.? Jacen nodded. ?Oh!? Anakin smiled. ?I almost forgot. Uncle Luke wanted to see you. That?s why I came here.? Jacen nodded again, and the two began to walk back to the Academy together. ?SO, any idea why our esteemed uncle wants to see me?? Anakin shook his head. ?Not really. He just said that it was time for you to take the next step, or something like that. He?s been assigning some Jedi new apprentices, so Jaina figures that?s why he wants you.? Jacen smiled at the thought of his twin sister. ?You spoke to Jaina?? Anakin nodded. ?Just over the Comm. She?s out near the Unknown Territories with Rogue Squadron. Some ?mopping-up? stuff, she said.? Jacen laughed. ?It seems like the New Republic is always mopping-up something-or-other.? Anakin stopped, looking at his brother. ?What is it?? Jacen asked. ?I don?t know. Something suddenly, hit me, a cold feeling. Almost like...? He couldn?t finish. Jacen shook his head. ?Probably just your imagination. C?mon, let?s go see what Luke wants.? The two began walking again, in silence now. Jacen knew he had to be more careful now, for as his power grew, hiding it was going to become harder than ever before.

To Be Continued...

8. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Matt walked onto the Lightsaber Training Field slowly, sensing each student, ?listening? to noises throught the Force. He could sense the determination each student to become the best, and he smiled, remembering his own aspirations. And while he was now a fair lightsaber duelist, he wouldn?t call himself the best. Suddenly, from behind, he sensed someone call his name.
    He turned, and there she stood, the girl from the datacad. Her name was Saara, a Corellian. She had been training at the Academy for three years, and had just passed the basic training. She was tall, slender, and well-built. He could sense that the Force was strong with her. ?Hello,? she said hesitantly. ?Master Stryker?? Matt stepped back when she called him ?master?, it was a title that would take some getting used to. ?Yep, that?s me,? he said with a warm smile. ?And you must be Saara.? Saara smiled back at him, and he could sense relief flowing from her. ?Oh, thank the Force! I was afraid you?d end up being stuck up and mean like some of the other heroes from the war.? Matt cocked his head at her. ?Heroes? What do you mean?? Saara was confused. ?Well, the heroes from the Vong Wars! You, and Master Corran, among some. Although apparently you two are among the few that turned out nice. Some of the others are somewhat...conceited.? Saara flushed as she spoke. ?I mean, I?m not trying to criticize the other Jedi, or anything, and I don?t mean disrespect...? Matt laughed and held up his hand. ?Saara, it?s allright. You have every right to your opinion.? Saara smiled as he spoke. ?Thank you, Master Stryker. You really are as nice as they say you are.? Matt smiled back, and felt his face begin to burn. He willed the Force to flow through him, calming his emotions. ?Well, what do we do first?? Saara asked Matt, clearly full of energy. Matt shook his head. ?To be honest, I really don?t know. You?re my first apprentice.? Saara smiled. ?I know. I?ve heard that you?re one of the best when it comes to lightsaber dueling.? Saara reached to her side and pulled off a training saber. ?I?ve been told I?m pretty good myself.? She ignited the saber, a small, white blade shooting from the handle. Matt nodded. ?Allright,? he said, and he reached out through the Force, pulling a lightsaber from across the yard and into his hand. He ignited his own saber, and his own white blade extended. Matt nodded at the young woman. She nodded back, her face solemn.
    ?Begin.?
    The traing lightsabers were very low-energy, meant only for dueling, and could inflict no actual damage. When an opponent was hit, he or she felt a very low, painless shock, and a beep went off to let the trainers know who had struck. Their white blades signified that they were training sabers. Matt had used them long ago, back when he was still just a Jedi-in-training. It had been a long time since he had sparred just for fun, and he was enjoying it.
    Saara, on the other hand, was taking it very seriously. She pounded away at Matt, trying desperately to get past his defenses. But Matt was too strong in the Force, and he?s had too much experience, for Saara to really have any hope at winning. Matt was not distracted by the humming and clashing of the sabers; he could fully immerse himself in the Force, and let it control his motions. His eyesight, boosted by his disabilty and further boosted by the Force, could discern every motion of his opponents blade; every swing, every strike, and every sweep of the blade was registered. Finally, Saara took a last, desperate swing at Matt, and he stepped to the side, parrying her and striking her in her midsection. Saara felt the shock of the strike, and Matt?s blade alarm went off, signifying his win. They both diengaged their blades, and Saara looked at Matt. She was breathing heavily, sweat on her face, and very tired. Matt, on the other hand, wasn?t breathing hard at all. He looked like he had just had a refreshing walk. Saara smiled. ?I can see I will learn a lot from you, Master Stryker.? Matt smiled. ?We will learn from eachother.?

To Be Continued...

9. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Now that was good. Come on; once you start you can't quit. It's one of those addictive things. You know how it is.
    Keep posting.

10. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Jaina sat alone in her X-Wing, R2-D2 twittering softly to himself in his socket. She was staring at the vast expanxe of stars that surrounded her, wondering what Matt was doing. She had spoken to her brother Anakin just a few days ago, and he had told her he suspected that their uncle was going to give him an apprentice. A good choice for a teacher, Jaina thought. Suddenly, her comm unit came to life. ?Commander, the captain is hailing us.? Jaina sighed inwardly. Captain Targo Froth of the New Republic Starship Nebula. He was an annoying man; very pushy and overbearing unless there was real pressure present, in which case he became slow and indecisive. Jaina wished with all the Force that she had gotten assigend to another starship. ?Put him on,? she said. Her comm unit lit up, and Captain Froth?s face glared at her. ?I have told you many times, Commander Solo, that I want my communiques sent directly to you, not routed through one of your peons.? Jaina winced at the word peon, and glared back at the captain. ?They are my pilots, captain, not my peons. What do you want?? Captain Froth growled, his teeth showing like a dog as he did so. ?I am growing tired of your insolence, Commander Solo. This may not be the Empire, but it is the army, and I demand respect!? Jaina felt herself losing control of her anger, and she let the Force flow through her, calming herself. ?Yes, Captain, I apologize.? ?Good.? The captain straightened himself up, and began to speak. ?There have been several reports of strange, unkonwn fighters attacking Republic freighters near the Hoth system. We have been ordered to investigate. I want your fighters to be refueled and resupplied, and ready to go in fifteen hours.? Jaina?s brow furrowed as she mentally went over what the captain had said. ?The Hoth system, sir? Aren?t there any ships closer than us?? Froth smiled. ?Ships closer, Commander, but no ships with the experience and the firepower to deal with this threat. Fifteen hours. Froth out.? With that, the screen went black. Behind her, Artoo whistled solemnly. Jaina read the translation on her comm screen, and smiled. ?Yes, Artoo, he said Hoth system.? Her smile died a little. ?And yes, Hoth usually does spell trouble.?

Luke looked at Jacen, a smile on his face but a frown in his mind. Jacen had changed a lot since he?d seen him, but that wasn?t what was bothering him. His once-apprentice had a strange air about him. Luke could sense nothing wrong in the Force, though, and decided it was just his mind playing tricks on him. Jacen was nodding, his face solemn. ?So, you want me to take on an apprentice.? Luke nodded. ?You of all the Jedi have earned it, Jacen. Your devotion to the Force has been proven time and again. You are a great Jedi Knight.? Jacen did not smile, as he had expected, but he continued to nod instead. ?I will take the responsibility, Uncle. Who is this person.? Luke?s smile faltered, dissapointed by Jacen?s lack of excitement. He?s not a boy anymore, but a man. Luke said to himself. He is just acting like one, and you?re not used to it. But deep down inside, Luke knew that was not the case. It was something else. He began to wonder if this was a good idea. ?His name is Val Koth Lyn Jai. He has been training for three years. He is a fair pupil, but needs to learn patience. He also has a problem with control. I thought he would be a good pupil for you, since you have a good grasp on both.? Jacen nodded again. ?Yes, I will teach him what he needs to know. When do I meet him?? Luke handed Matt a datapad. ?Tomorrow, out by the lightsaber training yard. Matt Stryker will be there, with his new apprentice, Saara.? Jacen?s eyes seemed to narrow at the mention of Matt?s name. ?Stryker, huh? Would this be the same Stryker who is courting my dear sister?? Luke?s smile wiped away completely, suddenly feeling strangely cold. ?Yes, Jacen, why?? Jacen suddenly sat up, smiling. The cold feeling Luke was feeling disappeared. ?No reason,? Jacen said cheerily. ?Just want to make sure he?s good enough for Jaina.? Jacen stood. ?If you?ll excuse me,

11. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Well, I am back from camping and should have the next part of my story on by tomorrow (if anyone cares)
    Would appreciate ANY feedback good or bad, but I will finish the story. If you want to email me anything:
    netwave18@yahoo.com
    May The Force Be With You

12. Ku Gr'Akna

Ku Gr'Akna Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    WONDERFUL!!!!!
    ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    I couldn't sleep and decided to write some more.
    Enjoy!

The Hoth system had been abandoned for some time. The heavy asteroid activity combined with the lack of hospitable living environments made it an unsuitable place for colonization. In fact, the most activity seen within the last decade were the few pirate ships that used the system as a hiding spot from Republic starfighters.
    Artoo beeped as Jaina and the rest of Rogue Squadron dropped out of hyperspace, pulling her out of her light sleep. She ran through a Jedi sensory technique, completely awakening her and alerting her to the present situation. ?All ships, report in,? she called into her comm unit. All the indicators on her squad tracking panel lit up green, indicating that the squad was ready. ?Okay, we?re gonna sweep the system, and check for any unusual activity. We can pretty much ignore all the planets but Hoth itself, and I want you to watch the asteroids as well. Do not, and I repeat, do not enter the asteroid belt under any circumstances. Report any activity back to me.? The other fighters acknowledged her orders, and began to break formation as they went into their sweep patterns. Jaina sighed inwardly. ?This is gonna be a long day,? she muttered to herself.

Matt walked into Master Luke?s chambers, Saara behind him and to his right. The lights were dim, in meditation mode. Matt thought it strange that Luke would summon Matt during his meditations, but he didn?t question. He walked through the dark entryway and out onto a lighted balcony. The forest around them was vibrant, even at night. The Force flowed freely through the trees and animals of the night.
    Luke was sitting in the middle of the balcony, his legs crossed but his eyes open. Matt stopped behind him and said nothing; Luke knew they were there, and would speak when he felt necessary. Finally, Luke stood, and turned to face Matt. ?It has been a week since Saara became your apprentice. How goes her training?? Matt hesitated, he had never seen Luke this way, nor ever felt this sense of underlying stress and anxiety in his before. ?Saara is ready for whatever task you choose, Master Luke,? he finally responded. Luke nodded. ?The New Republic has sent a request that two Jedi be sent to speak with a group of dangerous terrorists on Bothuwai. They have apparently taken a building hostage, and there are thirty people inside. The Republic seems to feel that Jedi would best be able to dissolve the situation without harming innocents.? Matt nodded as he pondered the situation. ?We will leave immediately, Master.? Luke placed his hand on Matt?s shoulder. ?I knew you would. Take care, and may the Force be with you.? Matt nodded, then turned to leave, when he suddenly felt the urge to turn back. ?Master Luke, I sense that you are distrubed.? Luke looked to the ground, then back at Matt. ?Don?t worry, Matt. I?m probably jumping at shadows. You worry about your mission.? Matt nodded, then turned and walked out, Saara at his side.
    When they left the room, Saara breathed out in relief. ?Wow, that was intense!? Matt looked back at her, then stopped. Saara looked back at Matt, then lowered her head. ?I?m sorry,? she whispered. Matt smiled. ?Sorry? For saying what I was feeling? Don?t be. You?re right, that was intense. Something is definitely bothering Master Luke.? Saara?s hand dropped instinctively down to her lightsaber. ?We should find out what it is.? Matt eyed her hand, and shook his head. ?Saara, not everything can be solved with the slash of a lightsaber.? He looked to the end of the hall. ?Besides, we have our mission. Luke will tell us what perplexes him when he feels he and the Force are good and ready. Now let?s go.? He began to walk again. ?It?s off to Bothawui.?

To Be Continued...

14. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Couldn't sleep so I decided to write some more tonight.
    Enjoy!

The Hoth system had been abandoned for some time. The heavy asteroid activity combined with the lack of hospitable living environments made it an unsuitable place for colonization. In fact, the most activity seen within the last decade were the few pirate ships that used the system as a hiding spot from Republic starfighters.
    Artoo beeped as Jaina and the rest of Rogue Squadron dropped out of hyperspace, pulling her out of her light sleep. She ran through a Jedi sensory technique, completely awakening her and alerting her to the present situation. ?All ships, report in,? she called into her comm unit. All the indicators on her squad tracking panel lit up green, indicating that the squad was ready. ?Okay, we?re gonna sweep the system, and check for any unusual activity. We can pretty much ignore all the planets but Hoth itself, and I want you to watch the asteroids as well. Do not, and I repeat, do not enter the asteroid belt under any circumstances. Report any activity back to me.? The other fighters acknowledged her orders, and began to break formation as they went into their sweep patterns. Jaina sighed inwardly. ?This is gonna be a long day,? she muttered to herself.

Matt walked into Master Luke?s chambers, Saara behind him and to his right. The lights were dim, in meditation mode. Matt thought it strange that Luke would summon Matt during his meditations, but he didn?t question. He walked through the dark entryway and out onto a lighted balcony. The forest around them was vibrant, even at night. The Force flowed freely through the trees and animals of the night.
    Luke was sitting in the middle of the balcony, his legs crossed but his eyes open. Matt stopped behind him and said nothing; Luke knew they were there, and would speak when he felt necessary. Finally, Luke stood, and turned to face Matt. ?It has been a week since Saara became your apprentice. How goes her training?? Matt hesitated, he had never seen Luke this way, nor ever felt this sense of underlying stress and anxiety in his before. ?Saara is ready for whatever task you choose, Master Luke,? he finally responded. Luke nodded. ?The New Republic has sent a request that two Jedi be sent to speak with a group of dangerous terrorists on Bothuwai. They have apparently taken a building hostage, and there are thirty people inside. The Republic seems to feel that Jedi would best be able to dissolve the situation without harming innocents.? Matt nodded as he pondered the situation. ?We will leave immediately, Master.? Luke placed his hand on Matt?s shoulder. ?I knew you would. Take care, and may the Force be with you.? Matt nodded, then turned to leave, when he suddenly felt the urge to turn back. ?Master Luke, I sense that you are distrubed.? Luke looked to the ground, then back at Matt. ?Don?t worry, Matt. I?m probably jumping at shadows. You worry about your mission.? Matt nodded, then turned and walked out, Saara at his side.
    When they left the room, Saara breathed out in relief. ?Wow, that was intense!? Matt looked back at her, then stopped. Saara looked back at Matt, then lowered her head. ?I?m sorry,? she whispered. Matt smiled. ?Sorry? For saying what I was feeling? Don?t be. You?re right, that was intense. Something is definitely bothering Master Luke.? Saara?s hand dropped instinctively down to her lightsaber. ?We should find out what it is.? Matt eyed her hand, and shook his head. ?Saara, not everything can be solved with the slash of a lightsaber.? He looked to the end of the hall. ?Besides, we have our mission. Luke will tell us what perplexes him when he feels he and the Force are good and ready. Now let?s go.? He began to walk again. ?It?s off to Bothawui.?

To Be Continued...

15. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Keep it up! I like it (even w/Jacen using the Dark Side)!

16. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Well, it's nice to see that everyone seems to be enjoying my story. The next part should be on tonight.

17. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Jacen ignited his lightsaber, a blade of amber lighting up the dark forest. Somewhere in the trees, Val Koth hunted him. Jacen smiled slightly to himself. The past few weeks had been quite productive. Val Koth had little patience, and his skills were menial to say the least. It had taken Jacen only days to open him to the powers of the Darkside. Once Val Koth had seen what he could truly do with the Force, he had embraced the Darkside. Now, as he and Jacen trained, Jacen could practically feel the power eminating from his apprentice.
    Suddenly, from out of the woods, Koth struck, his own silver lightsaber slashing down toward Jacen viciously. Jacen sensed the attack coming, and blocked the attack just in time. The two lightsabers struck, sending a wicked screach of energy resounding through the woods. Jacen saw the hunger in Koth?s eyes, and it made him smile wider. Koth was indeed strong in the Darkside. Jacen stepped back from the boy, and swung his lightsaber low. Koth leapt over the attack with grace, landing on his feet and swinging his saber in a high arc that came slicing toward Jacen. Jacen quickly parried the attack, and with a quick twist of the Force, he pulled the saber from his pupils hand. Koth had not been ready for that move, and was left completely open. Jacen quickly swung down, and Koth cried out in pain as the amber light slid down the side of his arm, burning his skin.
    Jacen disarmed his saber, and the forest became suddenly black. Koth was on the ground, panting heavily. ?Fool,? Jacen admonished. ?Always be ready. Leaving yourself open to that kind of move is a first-year trainee?s error.? Koth spat. ?How am I supposed to know what my enemy is thinking.? Jacen?s eyes grew wide, and he knelt before Koth, grabbing his head in his hands. ?The Force, Koth. Look to the Force. Do not depend on your feeble skills to protect you. The Jedi, fools as they may be, can hear the Force. But in the Light, it merely whispers in their ear. With the Darkside, if you listen, you can hear it scream.? With that, Jacen stood. ?Enough for today. Take your saber and practice in the woods. In the morning, we?ll visit some more Ewok villages. They are primitive, but the more you slaughter, the closer you?ll come to hearing that scream.?

Leia Organa Solo sat alone in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon, contemplating what she would say to Han. He and Lando had gone to some underwater casino, telling her they?d been once before and it had looked like fun. They had gambled all their property away, including Lando?s ship, effectively strandign them there. They had called Leia to come pick them up, telling her that they had given up gambling for good. Leia was sure, however, that by the time she got there, they would not own the Falcon any longer, either.
    However, and urgent call from Luke had made her change course, and she was now rushing toward Yavin as fast as she could. If Luke was correct, her eldest son was in great danger.
    ?Mistress Leia.? Leia turned to the comm board. ?Yes, Threepio?? ?I believe that I have found the problem with the deflector grid. I should have it repaired within the hour.? Leia nodded. ?Good, Threepio, get to work.? She then shut off the comm. She liked the golden droid, she really did, but in a time like this, his chattering did become somewhat annoying. Although, purposely sabotaging the deflector grid just to get him out of her hair...
    Leia grimaced. She couldn?t feel guilty. Her heart was racing with panic. Oh, Jacen, she thought to herself.

What have you done?

To Be Continued...

18. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Kind of a slow chapter, more excitement in the next posting. It's called building suspense! Keep reading! The building on Bothuwai was seventeen stories, New Republic design. It had been erected thirteen years ago, and served as a Republic Consulate. It had been taken over ten days ago, by a strange assortment of alien terrorists.
    Matt and Saara walked toward the building, which had been sanctioned off by Bothan security forces. Matt stopped just before he reached the building, and turned to Saara. He had taken off his Jedi robes, and instead wore standard civilian clothes, his lightsaber hidden beneath his tunic. "I'm going up," he told Saara. "Remember, if any one of the terrorists tries to escape, follow them. We need to know where their base of operations is, if there is one." Saara nodded. "Yes, Master Stryker." Matt nodded, then turned toward the building. As he began to walk towards the building, Saara called, "May the Force be with you!" Matt smiled.
    He walked to the entrance of the building, where two terrorists stood. He could sense their terror, and he reached out with the Force, touching their minds softly. Their terror subsided a little. He then blinded them to his presence, and he walked in.
    The reports the Bothans had provided him had said that the main group was located on the top floor. Matt walked to a lift, then pressed the button to shut the doors. The lift was fast, and within seconds he was there. He reached out with his senses, and felt the terrorists. There were seven aliens, there minds filled with a mixture of terror, anger, and frustration. Another set of emotions flowed from another group of minds, and Matt knew they were the hostages. Again, Matt suppressed the minds of the terrorists, and he opened the doors.
    As he walked in, the hostages all moved in surprise. Matt gestured for them to hush, and they followed his orders, too tired and scared to care much. The terrorists did not notice Matt at all. Matt went and sat with the group of hostages, and then released the minds of their oppressors.
    "Who are you?" a woman whispered at Matt. He turned and smiled at her. "A friend." Then he turned away and closed his eyes. He had begun to feel hope in the minds of the hostages, and he slightly nudged that sense of hope in each of them a little. They definitely need it, he thought to himself. Then he settled in for a long wait, as he prepared his plan.

Jaina sighed in boredom as the final report from her squadron came in. There was, of course, no sign of any activity. That had been the case for the past week. But of course, Captain Froth wanted a complete sweep of the area, and that meant another three days of scanning for Rogue Squadron. Jaina sighed again, running through another set of relaxation techniques. "Just three more days?" she muttered to herself. Again, she sighed to herself as another report came in.

To Be Continued...

19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Cool! Keep it up!

20. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Matt awoke to the terrorists screams of rage, and he had to run through a Jedi technique to keep himself calm. He looked around, and saw that the terrorists were pushing through the hostages, picking each one up, looking them over, then throwing them aside. Finally, one terrorist, a Rodian, pulled a woman to her feet, then pushed toward the other terrorists. Matt looked at the man next to him. "What's going on?" he whispered. The man shrugged. "They got some kind of communication. Started screaming some stuff I didn't understand." He began to turn, then looked back at Matt. "I do remember, they did say something strange. They kept repeating the word 'Jedi'." Matt nodded. Damn, he thought. How did they find out? He 'listened' to the terrorists screaming, and even through the Force could not make out what they were saying. Suddenly, the Rodian put a blaster to the head of the woman. He motioned for one of his comerades to hold a communicator out to him, and he began to speak. "'Attention New Republic oppressors. Since your Jedi is too weak to show himself, one of the innocents here will suffer.'" Matt suddenly felt cold, and he knew the Rodian's intentions were real. He reached out to the Rodian's mind, but he could not penetrate the veil of anger and fear. Matt knew that revealing himself now could seriously endanger the other hostages, but he had no choice. He could not allow an innocent woman die because of him. So Matt, stood, and reached out his hand. Suddenly, the blaster was pulled out of the Rodian's hand, and into Matt's. The Rodian's eyes went wide. "'Kill him!'" he cried, and the other terrorists whipped out their blasters. The bolts began to fly toward Matt, but he was ready. In a heartbeat, his lightsaber was ignited, the green blade of energy deflecting blaster shots right and left. The shots went right back into the terrorists, dropping many of them. The Rodian cried out in anger, and ran out the door next to him. The rest of the terrorists followed, leaving the hostages unattended.
    Matt turned to them and walked over to the man he had spoken to earlier. "Help these people out of here." Then he ran out the door. The man looked on, dumbfounded. "Wow," he whispered.

Jaina sat in her X-Wing, the asteroids of the Hoth system floating by aimlessly. The Rogues had continued to scan the sector throughout the night, and still had found nothing. Jaina knew that if they hadn't found anything by now, they wouldn't at all. She reached over to touch her comm system when the incoming message alert went off. She answered. "Rogue leader, go ahead." "Commander, we have finished our final sweep of the system. No activity, sir. There's no one here." Jaina nodded. "We knew as much. Get the squad ready. We're leaving." "Yes, comman?" Suddenly, the comm went dead. "Rogue six? Rogue six? Jak?" There was no response. "Rogue two, what's going on?" "Jak's dead, commander! His ship was blown away by some bogie! A ship, came out of some cloaking field!" Jaina cursed an old Huttese curse. "Their all over the place, commander!" "S-foils in attack positions!" Jaina cried. "Take 'em out!"
    In a matter of seconds, the previously calm asteroid field exploded with activity. The X-Wings went into action, taking out ship after ship. Jaina weaved her X-Wing effortlessly through the field. She had no time to think about where the ships had been hiding. She merely let the Force flow through her, guiding her actions. She took out two, three, four enemy fighters. The rest of the Rogues battled on, and soon, the laser fire died. Jaina looked to her squad leader board. Four lights. Four fighters made it. Again, Jaina cursed. "Rogues, form up." She sighed heavily. "Let's bring Froth his report."
    To Be Continued?

I have such a hard time with space battle scenes. What do you think? Do I need improvement? Love some feedback!

21. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Okay, so now I have been moved as well. Fun.

22. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    boris here:
    I just found this thread! Please please please write more!

-boris

23. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    Love it! Up!

24. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Leia sat across from Luke, tears in her eyes. Throughout her life, she had faced many challenges, many enemies. But this? It was a situation she had never considered. One of her own children! She thought she had raised him better than that. How had she failed? "It's not your fault, Leia," Luke said as he walked over to her. "How can it not be? I raised him, I tried to show him the right path, but?" She couldn't finish. Luke sighed. "Leia, this is a path that Jacen has chosen himself." Leia shook her head. "We have to stop him, Luke! We have to help him!" Luke kneeled beside her. "That's not going to be easy, Leia. As Jacen uses the Darkside, he falls more and more into it's control. Stopping someone, turning someone, who is that deep in the Darkside, is very difficult. It may cost someone their life." He stood again and looked out his window into the forest. "It may cost Jacen his life." Leia could feel coldness begin to come over her heart. "Luke, we have to try." Luke nodded.
    "And we will, Leia. We will."

25. ash khotan

ash khotan Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    One of the biggest problems I had with my fan movie was creating sets that would be believable in the Star Wars universe. We spent a month constructing a decent-looking cockpit, and we decided to do an Imperial bridge totally in 3D animation, to avoid the hassle of building a very complex set. Outdoor situations were tough too, because everything looks so terrestrial.

I was just wondering how everybody else dealt with this problem? Any tips/advice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.