main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Dark Times"?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Obironsolo, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Just noticed that there's a miniature set with the title Dark Times, and the little caption talks about the dark times between Episode III and IV. It appears as if they might literally refer to this period as THE DARK TIMES, in the same way THE CLONE WARS represents a period of time in the SW universe. This, as opposed to simply being Obi-Wan's personal choice of words. Has this already been established before?

Could the Dark Times be the name of the Live Action Show?

2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    It's very possible. I believe there is a comic series set in the period which is also named 'The Dark Times' so it definitely seems to be the 'official' name for the period.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    "Dark Times" is simply the EU label for stories taking place between the end of ROTS and the beginning of ANH. Many comics and novels fall within that timeframe.

"Before the Dark Times, before the Empire."-Obi-Wan.

4. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Im hoping its the new Animated series George has been talking about.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The LAS is supposed to be set in this period.

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I've said from the very first rumour about the LAS that it should be called 'The Dark Times'. I hope I'm right. :)

7. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Just to make sure it's dark enough though, I suggest calling it "The Darky, Darkest, Darkiest Times" :p

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Star Wars: This **** Just Got Real.

or

Star Wars: It's like "City of God," but with Aliens instead of Brazilians!

9. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [image=http://i31.tinypic.com/jtopoj.jpg]

"The Darky, Darkest, Darkiest, Ding-Dang-Doodliest, *^&#($@*#%)&%(&^$& Times!!!"

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Dark Times is simply the common label to describe the timeframe between trilogies. The LAS will be set during the Dark Times, for example.

I wouldn't read too much into the minatures set name- many of their expansions have referred to certain eras by official (or common) names (ie: Legacy of the Force, The Clone Wars, Knights of the Old Republic, etc).

Besides, WOTC is ending their SW product lines soon, so there's no reason for them to hide in any hints of Live Action or Animated shows that will come out after their license expires.

11. Tokusatsu

Tokusatsu Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2010
    Yeah, I've felt that way since they announced it, too.

And to be honest, to me it's hard to imagine them calling it anything other than "Star Wars: The Dark Times," given when they said it was going to take place and what they said it was going to about and everything.

Of course, I suppose they could call it something like "Star Wars: Rebellion" or "Star Wars: Rise Of The Empire" or something corny like that...

No, but, Robimus has it right, that's the Obi-Wan Kenobi quote:
    Like "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," "Star Wars: The Dark Times" just works.

So you have "Star Wars: Episode..." this or that for the films, and "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" and "Star Wars: The Dark Times" for the TV series.

12. Jmannseelo

Jmannseelo Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2010
    Dunno what they're going to call it, but man I can't wait to see it. Bring on the Fett!!! [face_skull]

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    After reading the posts in this topic referring to Obi-Wan's quote in ANH, the term "dark times" means more than just the evil Empire that's in control at that time. It's now more apparent to me what he really means.

Examples:

1. The only neutral, mediating faction no longer exists. The noble Jedi Knights who at one time had protected the rights and freedoms of all societies are not around to stem the rise of attrocities commited by the Empire, as well the criminal organizations who now run rampant in the galaxy.

2. After battling them in the clone wars, droids of all kinds, and not just the ones designed for warfare, are distrusted, and dispised by all living beings more than ever before.

3. Non-Government controlled maunfacturing entities such as the former Trade Federation, Corportate Alliance, etc. are illegal to operate without imperial consent and supervision, so therefore no new "indepentant thinking" invented technologies or advancements are created to better the developments on worlds that were at one time considered the staple of the Republic.

4. Because the Empire does not spend money on rebuilding worlds previously of the CIS, as well as the ones caught up in the war that were loyal members of the Old Republic, civilizations begin to decay. Major unemployment increases rapidly due to this and so therefore crime rises.

5. Humans and non-humans are segregated by the Empire. Rights and privileges are only granted to humans who have williingly joined and served the Imperial Army or Navy loyally. All able bodied human males are conscripted who are not willing volunteers. All non-humans are rescricted from joining the academy, and all are granted only certain rights and freedoms.

6. Slavery has reasserted itself thoughtout the galaxy and is legalized by the Empire, especially the enslavement of non-humans. Humans and non-humans start to distrust and hate one another because of rights and freedoms they both don't share.

This is what I think he means in that statement.

14. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.