main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The dark woman

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by -MasterHorn-, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -MasterHorn-

-MasterHorn- Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2005
    What star wars comic did she appear in again? Im very interested about reading about her.

2. Feezior

Feezior Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Quite a few, let me see, she makes appearances throughout the on going Republic series, and in 'The Hunt For Aurra Sing', the Tales Comic 'Extinction' i think it was called, hopefully someone with more knowledge can give you the other specifics!

3. Zhan_Tyrros

Zhan_Tyrros Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2005
    she also appears in the Jedi: Aayla Secura one-shot.

4. Nemuro

Nemuro Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2003
    She´s also very briefly in Emissaires to Malastare.

5. zit5us

zit5us Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    she's in the one were ki-adi mundie goes questing for sharad hett.

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    That would be Outlander.

7. Shiphunk2

Shiphunk2 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    This is what I found about the Dark Woman.

She was a Jedi Master of the Old Republic. The Dark Woman survived the Great Jedi Purge and went into hiding in the Cophrin System on the Outer Rim. However, she was discovered by the Emperor's Hand Mara Jade, and Darth Vader was dispatched to destroy her. The grueling battle that ensued ended with the Dark Woman's death at Vader's hands.

The Dark Woman appears exclusively in Star Wars Expanded Universe literature. However, her former apprentice Aurra Sing makes a brief appearance in Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/Dark_woman.jpg]

8. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Didnt Tholme have a thing for her...

9. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Try the Clone Wars Dark Horse comics! XIII She is in one series... I cannot recall the name however.

There is a really cool picture of here in the Darkhorse comics sketchbook.

She and Master Thome where ambushed by Aurra Sing and Aayla came to their aid. Both the darkwoman and Thome were pinned beneath a large amount of rubble which gave them a lot of injuries.

10. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    In the Jedi: Aayla Secura there is a nice picture of the The Dark Woman when she is floating in the bacta tank.:)
    Thome never had a thing for The Dark Woman far as I can remember, I think it was that Jedi who looked like she had no nose and had a longer life span.

The Dark Woman is one of my favorite EU Jedi. The Dark Woman's real name is An'ya Kuro. She gave up her name to emphasize a Jedi should have no possessions. Also she specialized in training the diffcult students. Her teaching techniques made her unpopular with the Jedi Council. I think that has something to do with Aurra Sing.
    If I was a padwan and could choose a Jedi Master other than Yoda, I'd pick her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.