main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~|The Dark World of Korriban: Home of the Sith, and Training Ground For the SDO|~

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by -Lord-Darth-Kirous-, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Lord-Darth-Kirous-

-Lord-Darth-Kirous- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2005
    In light of the recent events today, I present the SDO with the the Dark Sith University. The Sith should have their own as well! Here a master, (who is just about everyone in the SDO save for Devaious, Trojus, and Onasi) shall train the apprentice on the how to's of the SDO Order. A master shall take an apprentice here as well.

The final say on what goes here shall be determined by the Lord Umbrus, Lady Acroama, Atrus, Corvexa, or myself.

The trials are also to be held here, of which consists of three.

The first being the trial of the body. Defeat some evil beast thing in combat.

The second being the trial of the mind. Intelligence shall be tested here.

The third being the trial of the saber. A saber is hidden on the boards, and with one clue, a want-to-be-apprentice shall be sent to find it.

Dueling with the Jedi shall now be a little more organized. A trainee will be required to be given one of the seven forms of lightsaber combat:

As the age of the steel blade ended and the era of the energy sword began different forms of lightsaber combat emerged. Many of these took their basic patterns from steel blade combat but newer forms took lightsaber combat to a new lelve. Over time these forms were classified into the following groups.

Form I
    The basics of lightsaber combat comprised of attack, parry and bodyzone strikes. It is used primarily for training new Jedi in the use of the lightsaber.

Form II
    The perfect form for lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat and studied by almost every Jedi. Form II maximizes precision whilst minimizing movement so as not to tire the dueller. Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku) both preferred and mastered this form. Sith Lords expecting to combat Jedi studied this form carefully as it proved to be very effective in defeating Jedi knights.

Form III
    This form was developed specifically to counter the threat from laser blasts. As laser blasters spread throughout the galaxy Jedi had to learn to deflect/reflect laser blasts whilst offering the smallest possible target area. From this Form III was born. After the death of Qui-Gon Jinn this form was adopted and studied carefully by Obi Wan Kenobi. Many regard a true master of Form III as almost invincible. A truly defensive form.

Form IV
    The most acrobatic of all the lightsaber combat forms. Practitioners of Form IV took lightsaber combat to incredible new levels with amazing displays of physical prowess that were beyond anybody else. Watching a Form IV Jedi in battle would be difficult because of their ability to leap, spin, jump and fight in all 3 axis. Master Yoda was a master of Form IV. Other practitioners were Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi.

Form V
    As the demand on the Jedi to maintain peace and order grew a more aggressive Form was needed for use in combat. Form V was designed to not only deflect laser blasts but also deflect them back on the attacker. Strength and strong lightsaber attacks feature heavily in this form which was favoured more by some Jedi than others. The morality of using an enemys weapon against them didn't sit well with some Jedi knights.

Form VI
    A combination of Forms I, II, III, IV and V. Often referred to as the "diplomats form" this particular style of combat relied less upon combative movement and more upon allowing Jedi time to study diplomacy, galactic politics and their Jedi perception. Considered a lesser form by some Jedi masters it proved to be very popular amongst many Jedi knights. To truly master Form VI will take over 10 years of intensive study.

Form VII
    The ultimate form of lightsaber combat which combines the raw strength of Form V with the graceful movement of Form IV. Such is the emotional involvement that many Jedi refuse to study Form VII because it comes too close to the Dark Side of the force. Force assisted jumps and other movements feature heavily in Form VII as do series of sudden, seemingly unrelated, movements. A form VII practitioner will appear utterly calm on the surface but inside is a seething cauldron of emotions.

2. Onasi

Onasi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2003
    i like form II

3. RogueAce7

RogueAce7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    *Walks in, nods.* I still think the final test should be to have the recruits tell us how much wood a woodchuck would chuck, that is, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

4. Onasi

Dec 16, 2003
  5. Darth_-A0shi-

Darth_-A0shi- Jedi Master star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    wow this has gone to extreme...its scary.

How much time do spend in front of your computer?

6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I copied and pasted.

7. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    How to Become an Evil Overlord of the SDO
    Being an Evil Overlord seems to be a good career choice. It pays well, there are all sorts of perks and you can set your own hours. However every Evil Overlord I've read about in books or seen in movies invariably gets overthrown and destroyed in the end. I've noticed that no matter whether they are barbarian lords, deranged wizards, mad scientists or alien invaders, they always seem to make the same basic mistakes every single time. Therefore, if I ever happen to become an Evil Overlord of the SDO:

My Legions of Acolytes will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones.

I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

When the rebel leader challenges me to fight one-on-one and asks, ``Or are you afraid without your armies to back you up?'' My reply will be, ``No, just sensible.''

I will not order my trusted lieutenant to kill the infant who is destined to overthrow me -- I'll do it myself.

I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.

I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.

I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.

I will make it clear that I do know the meaning of the word ``mercy''; I simply choose not show them any.

One of my advisors will be an average 13-year-old teenager. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be blamed on him or his sock.

My undercover agents will not have tattoos identifying them as members of my organization, nor will they be required to wear military boots or adhere to any other dress codes.

I will never utter the sentence ``But before I kill you, there's just one thing I want to know.''

I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.

I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.

Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter.

No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.

I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter the line ``No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!'' (After that, death is usually instantaneous.)

No matter how well it would perform, I will never construct any sort of machinery, which is completely indestructible except for one small and virtually inaccessible vulnerable spot.

I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion.

Any and all magic and/or technology that can miraculously resurrect a secondary sock who has given up his/her life through self sacrifice will be outlawed and destroyed.

If I absolutely must ride into battle, I will certainly not ride at the forefront of my Legions of Acolytes, nor will I seek out my opposite number among his army.

I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

Once my power is secure, I will destroy all those pesky socks.

I will maintain a healthy amount of skepticism when I capture the beautiful rebel and she claims she is attracted to my power and good looks and will gladly betray her companions if I just let her in on my plans.

I will only employ bounty hunters who work for money. Those who work for the pleasure of the hunt tend to do dumb things like even the odds to give the other guy a sporting chance

8. LordDarthDevaious

LordDarthDevaious Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2005
    I like VII.... Vaapad.

Why exactly do we need this instead of the domain?

9. Jango--John

Jango--John Jedi Master star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    this thread is almost pointless to have.

10. Onasi

Dec 16, 2003
    no, it has a point. read the first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.