main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Darker Glimpse ? An Ani/Ami AOTC Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Katana_Geldar, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Title: The Darker Glimpse
    Author: Katana_Geldar
    Timeframe: Durring AOTC 23BBY
    Characters: Padme, Anakin
    Notes: As peo-ple know I like expanding on stories, I plan to do a TPM omne later and when it gets here a ROTS one.

-----------------------

?I brought you something. Are you hungry??

Padmé?s words and intentions were well meant. She had seen the look on Anakin?s face when he had arrived, that stony closed look that spoke a thousand emotions that needed to be let out before they ate away inside.

Yet he ignored her, he kept his back turned and fixed a piece of equipment. She placed the tray down gently.

?The shifter broke,? he said, implying in his tone that anything else was of minor importance. ?Life seems so much simpler when you?re fixing things,? he continued. ?I?m good at fixing things, always was. But I couldn?t?? his voice faltered, he turned from the workbench, the shifter forgotten. ?Why?d she have to die?? He asked, the question wasn?t meant for Padmé but he looked at her as if he expected an answer. ?Why couldn?t I save her? I know I could have!?

?Sometimes there are things no one can fix,? Padmé said and then added cautiously. ?You?re not all-powerful Annie.?

But this was definitely the wrong thing to say.

?Well I should be!? he said harshly.? Someday I will be! I will be the most powerful Jedi ever, I promise you!? He looked at Padmé as if she would object to this boast, but she remained silent, letting him vent out the turmoil within him. ?I will even learn stop people from dying!? he finished.

?Anakin,? Padmé stepped forward, tying to offer some form of support, understanding, anything to show him she was on his side, that he wasn't alone to fall prey to the feelings of grief and anguish that were plaguing him.

?It?s all Obi-Wan?s fault!? He shouted, his eyes glinting dangerously as he said it. ?He?s jealous! He?s holding me back!? At the last word he threw the tool he was holding as far as he could.

?What?s wrong Annie?? She asked as she took a few steps forward, this wasn't what she wanted to say but it needed to be said. She wanted to explain to him that she suspected he was wrong about Obi-Wan, that all the Jedi Knight was doing was helping him, and any criticism and scoldings were because he cared. But she knew Anakin didn?t want to hear this, he was in no mood for such a lecture.

He turned his head and looked at her, she was surprised to see his eyes glistened with tears. But that wasn't all what surprised Padmé; Anakin looked at her as if he was emerging from a dream. As if he had just seen something or done something that needed to be spoken of, even if the knowledge was beyond what she could understand.

?I?I killed them,? Anakin said, quickly as if he would afraid his nerve would prevent his confession from ending. ?I killed them all. They?re all dead, every single one of them. And not just the men,? he said, looking at her as if she meant to doubt his word, ?but the women and the children too. They?re like animals! And I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them!?

He really cried then and fell to his knees but Padmé was there, she sat next to him and put her arm around the sobbing Jedi Padawan as his tears came readily and surely. She needed to be there, and it was more than the fact that someone had to be there for him. Padmé knew that Anakin felt something for her that ran deeper than friendship; she had suspected it ever since she set eyes on the boy she once knew who had grown into a young man ? a rather handsome young man.

That had startled her then, but now that something else that was almost terrifying. In that brief moment between when Anakin was berating his Jedi Master and went he turned to tell her what he had done she had noticed something. A part of Anakin she never known could have existed yet it would have had to have been in there somewhere, after the death of Qui-Gon Jinn Obi-Wan had explained to her a little of what the Jedi called ?the dark side?.

Was this what she had seen in Anakin even if it was only for a split second?

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :D

A nice glimpse into their thoughts during this very emotional scene!

Good work!

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    believable thought process.

4. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    So eerie, the way Padme realizes she has glimpsed the potential "Dark" within him. Nice glimpse at her inner thoughts at that moment!

5. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Very nice! I can see it happening just that way.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmmm, like Gina stated it's eerie for Padme to wonder at this 'darkside'. Sad little viggie.

7. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Nice. An interesting peek into Padme's mind in that scene- and totally believeable as well. That peek into Anakin's Darkness was eery- but nice. And believeable. I really liked it. It was a short piece, but one that still held emotion. Good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.