main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "The Darker Side Of Light" JA 10/14* SORRY! Need a break! last message posted!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    JJGirl Nice to see you back. You had all but disaapeared. Same goes for you 7 No one takes a month vacation, do they!!

###########

Xanatos had no interest in another attack of his former master. Just as Obi-Wan fell wounded, Xani felt his betrayal through the dark force. He in turn blocked the dark force which was allowing Obi-Wan to emit his own force signature to Master Jinn. Xanatos knew the child was either mortally wounded or nearly so. With time being his only alley, it too was draining away as fast as the blood that spilled out of Obi's stomach.

However, Master Jinn thought he *was* fatally wounded by his own saber because of the quick withdrawal of the force signature, not prompted by the teen padawan?s death, but by Xani own ingenuous quick thinking: it was blocked to Master Jinn.

Everything around him turned into a haze of events. Master Jinn was not sure what was going on. He wanted to go check Obi-Wan to see just how he was although he thought he knew. He personally had never seen someone lose so much of their blood and still live.

Xanatos could care less. Obi-Wan showed his true feelings for him right before he was cut down and if Qui-Gon was not successful in killing his own apprentice it really didn?t matter because Xanatos himself would like the honor now.

There was a part of him that resented the betrayal and only wanted to exact his own punishment by death on the boy. However there was also part of him that genuinely cared for the teen and had wanted him by his side always as his apprentice.. Vargas was proven right in his assessment of Xani?s hand chosen apprentice..

Why Obi-Wan turned was something Xanatos would think on and ponder, only later. Now he wanted to disappear, or better yet get Master Jinn to go as far away as he could with the belief he had been attacked by his apprentice and thus killed him on the spot; no questions asked.

Master Jinn had another plan, which did not include Xanatos Crion taking Obi-Wan. A part of him wanted him taken to the temple and healed if possible. Another part of him regretted what he must do once at the temple with his apprentice. Qui-Gon knew he would have to tell the healers that Obi-Wan had been engulfed by evil itself, that he had indeed turned to the dark side just as Xani had. Nevertheless, the big Jedi did not want the death of his apprentice on his hands. He would solve all his problems later but the most pressing, Obi-Wan?s life, must be dealt with now.

Qui-Gon stepped forward to block Xani?s own movement toward Obi-Wan. Just as the two engaged in a saber duel, Jinn could here noises like another fight in the stairwell, he just came up from. He imagined it was Vargas and Mace in their own duel of the fates, but he didn?t have time to turn around and look. Xanatos was indeed quick and agile, maybe more so than when Master Jinn trained him. He thrust his saber and Qui-Gon had to bring his thoughts back to the battle at hand and sidestep the thrust because he was not quick enough to pull his weapon up to stop the blade of Xani?s double-edged saber.

Xani pivoted around and let the other blade, the back one swing around and jabbed at Master Jinn again. This time Qui-Gon was more than ready for him. He pushed his saber out and up in the air. It came down with a sizzling and frying sound as it hit the saber of Master Crions'.

The force charged blow to Xanatos? saber caused it to become dislodged. Xani juggled it with one hand then the other but was unsuccessful in keeping it from falling. The once threatening red double-edged saber lay on the floor just a couple of feet from Obi?s head but it might as well have been miles away from the leather clad former Jedi. It would only take one step to reach down and retrieve his deadly sadistic looking saber but Qui-Gon never allowed him that one step. He stood just in front of the saber as if he guarded it and not his apprentice, still lifeless on the floor of the roof..

He lunged and attacked the saber instead of his former apprentice.

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    you may have thrown in a lot of action, but we are STILL left with a half dead apprentice on the floor.

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    PK has a point, but i think i could let him lay there a little longer [face_devil]

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Jinn felt the light wisp of Obi-Wan?s force signature; a live Obi-Wan. That is what it meant to Qui-Gon.

Xanatos noticed the change in Master Jinn. His face lit up with the knowledge that Obi-Wan was at least alive for the moment.

Xanatos very tenderly reached out along the bond forged by the darkside and felt the a wavering thread of the it that still held he and Obi-Wan connected. A small spark of Obi?s force essence could only mean one thing thought Xanatos , the child was alive, if just barely. However, if he was not mistaken right before the attack Obi-Wan had done away with quite a bit of the bond they shared. Otherwise Xanatos would have felt his signature through the dark force even more powerfully than Jinn had.

?So you feel it too? I suppose there is still an inkling of the bond you and he once shared. Obi?s life force is stronger in my mind with our shared bond than it is with you and he and the faded washed out bond you now have with him.?

Xani was bluffing, goading the master to believe Obi-Wan was tied ever so securely through him with a strong bond. Not true, but it served its purpose. The happiness in Jinn?s face left and was replaced with resonating sadness that pierced the very air around him. He actually believed the dark master as he claimed himself to be, now.

That must be why I felt Obi?s signature through the force so minutely. He is more soundly anchored to Xanatos and dark side than he is to me. He played footsy with evil itself and let it win him over. He is bonded and evidently quite soundly to my former apprentice. I will have no choice but to remand him over to the healers at the temple with the understanding that he is now tainted by the dark side. Quite possibly so much so that he can not be saved from it to fulfill his life?s dream , to become a Jedi. I still plan t see that he lives . The healers can remove the evilness in him and he can be cast out of the temple. He might not become a Jedi I will help him conquer the dark side and go on to live a productive life anyway.

The noise he heard behind him was now closer. The master glanced in back of him to see Vargas stumble through the door to the roof injured. Injured to the point that he was no better off than Obi-Wan only he remained conscious. Jinn wasn?t sure how though. Blood gushed from his side from a force-driven soon-to-be- mortal blow of Mace?s saber.

Vargas reached for his dark master, Xanatos and tried to say something but words did not spill from his mouth, his own blood did; draining him of what little life he had left.The message he felt so important to deliver to his dark lord would not be heard. He fell at Xanatos? feet in a heap of evilness, dead to this world with no promise of another that would take him in his dark state of being before his death.

Xanatos panicked. He used his dark powers to summon Obi-Wan up in mid-air and watched as the injured padawan floated to him. Qui-Gon and Mace stood silent without making a move of any kind. Both knew the movement could only do more harm to the teen for as he moved in the air a trail of his own life sustaining blood dripped to the floor..

?O.K. Master Jinn I will now agree we are an impasse. I want out of here free and you want this little one I now have. What is it to be? We make an even trade or we can stay here until this one dies. I will gladly give him to you for my life. You can have his body for I have already claimed his soul and it will forever be mine. There is no way you can remove the dark side in him now. It is planted to deep from my teachings. He was so very easy to turn.?

There were the taunts again. Xanatos knew full well he had already lost the grip he once had on the teen. The boy reverted back to his Jedi virtues; the force that rules all Jedi. But that was Xani?s ace in the hole, the playing card that might get him out of this. He could not resist rubbing it in to his old master even though it was a lie. He enjoyed having Jinn on a hook. Qui-Gon truly believed Obi-Wan was still in the throes of t

5. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    He was so wrong, but he would not find *that* out until much later after he had made many more mistakes with his apprentice..

*bangs head against desk*

Can't...

*bangs head against desk again*

Take...

*and again*

It...

*and again*

Any...

*and yet again*

More.

*falls out of chair with a bad headache*

ow...

6. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    No JK150, there is help for people in your situation- just call 1-800 save obi

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    quigon is a big fool ~sighs~

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Please forgive the wait.

I had intended to post tonight but when I got home at four I had not electric due to a storm. It is going on ten at night and I just go it back on.

I am editing but it won't be up unil tomorrow. Sorry!!

PEACE ewen

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ####The healers ward at the Jedi temple.####

?Well how is he? Did we get him here on time??

? If you mean will he live, the answer is yes. If you mean we can remove the dark that has invaded him mind and body I am not sure. I doubt it though.?

Master Jinn was just delivered the best news he had heard in his lifetime, Obi-Wan would live. Howver he also was handed the saddest most horrific news equal to or worse than the news recieved when Xanatos turned to the dark side; his present apprentice had followed the same dark path as his past one had.

Another padawan, one so pure in light that Qui thought it impossible to avert Obi-Wan's direction of his destiny from a Jedi to service the dark, had been tainted. Thanks to his former apprentice, Obi-Wan was gripped by the force of evil. Jinn also thought of Master Tahl. She had a hand in this and he would see to it personally she got what was coming to her.

Maybe revenge was not in the Jedi code but that did not stop a Jedi from desiring it. Normally a Jedi so angered by life?s injustices, would vent his anger through the force until it was all but snuffed out and would not actually seek revenge. Master Jinn on the other hand, would not let his anger go. He wanted it to lay, fester and grow. He would seek his revenge. No, he would not kill another sentinel being, but Tahl would pay for her part in Obi?s dark dismise..

Thanks to me. I am the reason he is where he is. I sent him to Master Tahl and Master Nolls without even a good reason. I knew he had done nothing to deserve such punishment.

Qui-Gon realized his mistake too late. He also realized that Master Tahl and Nolls both knew Obi-Wan was not as bad as what Jinn made him out to be. He wanted someone to share this burden of quilt so heavily laid on his shoulders.

Master Tahl coerced me into thinking what I did; that the punishment put on Obi-Wan was just. That is well and good because ?revenge is best served cold. I *will* wait until I have been able to take care of this situation with Obi-Wan before I deal with her. After all, she is not going anywhere, except for a *slap on the wrist?, nothing was done about her cruel and harsh descipline done to my apprentice. She and her husband were only warned not to place such cruel punishment on another Jedi apprentice. ANd then if Xanatos spoke the truth and she had a hand in helping Xani kidnap Obi.......

?Master, the boy has not even come out of his unconscious state. How can you possibly write him so soon. Are you even aware by how much evil controls him, or do you just guess??

The master healer shot the other master a warning glance. He was the new master healer at the temple and no one normally questioned his diagnosis of a patient?s physical or mental health.

?Well no he hasn?t come out of the comma yet.?

?Then how can you be so sure how much evil touched his mind??

?Master Jinn I have been informed by Master Windu that you reiterated to him you thought the boy attacked you. Lunged out at you with his saber or the saber of the dark one powered as high as it would go. Had you not *cut him down* when you did it would be you lying in there. Or else down in the morgue being prepared for the pyre. Do you wish that to happen again? No of course you don?t . Besides the temple can?t take that kind of chance with someone tainted.?

The healer seemed to know when to stop. He knew how much the big Jedi master could stand to hear and stopped just before Jinn reached his breaking point.

Qui-Gon he knew the healer was right. It appeared that the boy went to attack him and he had to protect himself didn?t he? Nevertheless, to hear the words cut through him as the Master healer had paraphrased Jinn?s assault on his own apprentice, injured the Jedi more than he himself wanted to admit. The words cut through him as easily as Obi-Wan could have had Jinn not prevented the attack.

?What exactly are our options if Obi-Wan has turned to the dark? Is there any way to bring him back??

?

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I know I'm the last person you expect to hear this from ewen, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a break from this story until things get a little better. I've had a couple bad incidents in the past few weeks, and I really don't think I can handle how sad the latest events of this story are making me. Maybe I'll be back when things get a little lighter. Sorry.

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I hope things are better JK150 :(

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Still loving this story and please do carry on with it :)

Oh and by the way i'm married now have been for 2 months now and i'm pregnet too :D

13. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Yoda just rattled the bucket. i wonder if quigon will realize that obi was attcking Xani, not Qui.

J_T_J_G: Congrats

14. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
  15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Sense it looks like this story has ended i will stop waiting for a post that will never come ~sighs~

16. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: ewen is away right now with her sister being scared by ghosts and the like.

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Ben I haven't started my trip yet not until Thursday. I will post on the other story, before I go..However I plan to put a hold on this one for a little while. Like J.K.150 I was a little bummed out by it and I wrote it. I will finish it maybe after the other one is completed.

PEACE ewen

18. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Like J.K.150...

Aw, crap...

*runs to hide*

Do you really have to put the story on hold?

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Well, post when you can, we'll wait.

And congrats to Jenny- you now have a few months to enjoy sleep. Once the lil' one arrives, you'll forget what it is (and probably be too busy for us for a few months too)

20. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    *Cries when she sees no story for a while*

You all are being to hard on Master Qui-Gon.
    His not as big a buckethead as some Jedi I could metion...
    *Eveasdroppers hear what sounds like the words "Master little-green-troll", "Idiot", and "Yoda" used in the same sentice. (Not necessarily in that order ;)

21. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Congrats Jenny!

22. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
    Congragulations!!! Sleeping trough the night yet? ;)

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    hehehe it has been tough i'm at 9 months and it's very close to the due date, but not to worry i'll still come and read the stories when i can :)

24. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
  25. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.