main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Darth Plagueis, Midichlorians and Anakin Relationship

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by lokus, Aug 14, 2014.

1. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    This is very intriguing question and it definitely seems plausible to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. zompusbite

zompusbite Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 3, 2014
    Excuse me to get back yet this debate, but I would like to know: what allows you to decide that the EU is not canon? Is it because the direction of Disney has said it or is that, after a thorough analysis of the Eu compared to movies, that you deducted it? You see, there are 2 types of fans amongst critics of the EU: moviegoers and the ignorant. Moviegoers are those who find their pleasures only through audiovisual, that they neglect the other means of artistic expression such as the comics or novels. It is not that they cannot know the thing but rather that they do not want. It is psychological; they have never tried to do so or have once and the experience does not seemed to satisfy them, so they have decided to stop. They need to "see" with their eyes scenes and not to "imagine" it. In the case of SW, they have just watched the movies, and when the new leadership of Lucas Film said the EU not canon, it did that consolidate in their situations. On the other hand, the ignorant are different. Having followed the 6 films and the TCW series, they had no idea of the existence of the EU. It was only by analyzing TCW that they noticed inconsistencies (lots of inconsistencies in fact) compared to PT and they wanted to know more so are go on the internet and have found a few references to EU on sites like "starwars.wikia.com". The problem is that they do not know if they should trust the EU to be able to take an interest or follow "the guidelines" for Lucas Film.
    This post was not made with the intention to tell you what choice you need to do, but to make you understand something: since the time of OT, GL has worked with authors of novels and comics not only in order to fill the "gaps" scriptwriting exciting between each of the 3 movies, but also to expand his universe to an interplaneterre masterpiece. Therefore, it appears that the EU were not intended to contradict the films but the compete it by offering the clarification and solving a few present mysteries in the films (how Luke built his lightsaber in RotJ or how Anakin got his scar face in RotS for example). It's GL himself who proposed Del Rey (novels) and Dark Horse Comics (comics) to assist in the creation of the PT's universe. It is thanks to them that there have been characters like Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, Dexter Jettster, Commander Cody, Assaj Ventress, Durge, Grievous, Luminara Undili, Barriss Offee and many more. If indeed all these characters are creations of EU that is itself not canon, so why GL allowed their appearance or their mention in his films? Why so 3 years after the release of RotS, LF, without the "obvious" cooperation of GL, brought out a 3D animation series that contradicts not only the EU, but the entire PT's universe (Maul survival from a deadly "cutting", creation of a high-powered family in Force usurping the role attributed by GL to the midichlorians, radical change in the chronology of events during the 3 years of war to create exclusive and unreleased series character : Ashoka Tano...) ? As said by Dooku in the Labyrith of Evil novel: "Such mastery was one of the skills that distinguished Sidious from Yoda, who believed the future was so much in motion it could not be read with any clarity-especially during times when the" dark side was on the ascendant. But how could Yoda be expected to see the whole picture with one eye closed? Deliberately closed". In effect, in order to judge a case, you have to know all the ins and outs, and not rely on a single parameter and ignore all others. According to me, the reason why Disney rejected the EU is because his "all its parameters" and not only one of its. The reason behind the dismissal of the EU by Disney is that they don't want that us, SW fans, do consider their work in reports to those of the EU and for the validity of TCW to be never put into question. Me, I made my choice. After careful consideration, I decided to follow GL and its EU because I find that it is in this work that the script logic is respected and that TCW is more of a Fan Made that a work explaining the famous clone wars.
    Thanks for reading me.

3. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012