main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The day I met Darth Vader

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by DarthHub, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHub

DarthHub Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2007
    The day I met Darth Vader ...

A funny submission by one of our users about how he waited in line to meet Darth Vader and ended up meeting a real jerk inside the costume instead.

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Wow. Ouch. It didn't really explain who he met, Mr. Jones, or Mr. Prowse?

I met Mr. Prowse at C3 at the FF/501st/RL party, and he was so nice to everyone.

3. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Probably just an a-hole that had just been in a 'Barney' costume the day before.

To my knowledge James Earl Jones is a wonderful guy to meet and I'll take JarJar's word for meeting Dave Prowse. As far as I know, neither ever wore their Vader outfits to any signings.

When I met Darth Vader I was 7 and he patted me on the back. I must say, it was an awesome experience for a 7 year old! Vader has always been my 'hero'!

I had an even more interesting experience with Chewbacca! He actually picked me out of my Dad's arms and carried me around the Toys 'R' Us we were in.

I do believe that it was Peter Mayhew in costume. He was HUGE and the costume looked dead on! Blue eyes and everything!

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I doubt any of the guys who played Vader would appear at a convention in the vader costume. They would appear as themselves and most likely be with someone from Official Pix.

If it said which convention it was you'd probably be able to find out who the vader was and if he came from a fan group or not.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Contact the local 501st for that area and ask if he's part of their group. :p

And the Vader costume has a lot of room for lifts and height increases. One of our guys out here is about 5'5 and does a Vader; on stilts. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.