main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Day of Reckoning. Darth Sidious finds Satisfaction in what is to come updated 4/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Araxie, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    The Day of Reckoning

Darth Sidious had been watching his new target for some time, in fact years. He had studied him, tried to learn all his strengths and flaws, the best weakness to exploit. He had groomed him, placated him, and filled him with a sense of false pride. He gave him doubts about his Master, his role as a Jedi. He knew his virtues that would be his downfall, his courage, his loyalty, and even his love. He had encouraged his anger at injustice, and enticed him to wreak havoc to those that persecuted women and children. He consoled his guilt when he slaughtered the sandpeople that took his motherâ??s life. Now it is was time to take advantage of his fear. His fear that was the root of all he did, and how he reacted. He was afraid to loose his mother, now he would fear for his wife, and lastly he would fear the loss of him, his friend, the one that gave him a seat on the Jedi council. He would turn that fear of loss to hate as she dies, and turn that hate on the man that he calls brother. He smiled in glee as he thought of the high and mighty Jedi, turning their noses down at the young man, and how that would feed into his sense of pride. Now all he had to do was send away his Master, separate the one that might be able to keep him reasonable and he would be his. Once that happened the Jedi were doomed. They were doomed the moment they took the young boy into their midst. Oh how he had waited for this moment, and his patience had finally come to fruition. He would wipe out in one stroke his enemies, the Jedi as a whole, a Master that kept him from his new apprentice, a young senator from his home world and her children, and last of all, his own target. He would erase all the good, all the virtue, all that made Anakin Skywalker the hero of the galaxy, filled with hate, and he would be his, forever, or at least until a younger and much stronger subject came into his sights... Oh yes, what a glorious day it was becoming. The republic would be his, and no one, absolutely no one would be able to stop him now. So much for noble causes, after this day, they would all crumble in his grasp, and all power would be his forever! He took a deep breath, and reminded himself one more time that, he needed to be patient, to rush the day would be to rush the pleasure he had been waiting all these years to feel in his soul. It was a marvelous feeling! One he would never, ever forget.

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    You keep finding all this good stuff on your own! I suppose you think the deep thoughts and I am the fluff queen of the family! hehe

Good job. @};-

3. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    No, I'm not any good with dialogue, but I suppose it all those years of thinking, gee I wish I had said this! You full of fluff, I hardly think so, besides your Palpatine story is very, very good. You know politics much better than I do. That is why mine are just short and to the point! I have yet to get my long story going. :)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I just picture him standing at a window looking out and mentally rubbing his hands together as he thinks this.

Nicely done Araxie. :)

5. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    Thank you Healer Leona. I'm glad you could see some of what I was trying portray.
    I have to admit this idea came from reading The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis, there was a great chapter on Virtures, Wickedness, Courage, Fear, and Hate.

6. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    Darth Sidious stood watching the medical droids painfully tear the burned flesh from the remaining torso of Darth Vader. With the amount of burn the man shouldnâ??t have been feeling much pain, and it seemed to come from the very depths of an anguished soul. The very seeds he had planted in the mind of the young Jedi from the day he first met him. The day had not gone as he first planned, but the best of plans rarely happen as outlined. There are always variables one can not control, not even a Master Sith.

How could he, Darth Sidious, have for seen that two of the most powerful Jedi, would escape the purges and come after the Sith to confront and destroy them. They should have died, it was all mapped out so perfectly, how they managed it was still a mystery. Where they had gone he could not tell , somehow they were shielding their force signatures, even from him.

How could he have anticipated that Obi-Wan Kenobi, the fool for thinking he could turn back Vader to Anakin, would defeat Vader on the Lava rivers of Mustafar. Not just defeat him, but nearly kill him, and leave him for dead. If not for his own powers the young man would have died, and now he is left with an apprentice that would only have a fraction of his force abilities, locked in a black suit to match his black heart.

The only thing that did go as planned was that the lovely Senator Amidala had died, killed by the hand of her husband, and her child along with her. Vader would be his completely after he remembered his deed, and no longer would have the desire to fight the lure of the dark side of the force.

He was in control of the new Empire, he would force the systems to accept his rule, and in the process annihilate any that would dare oppose him. He was all powerful, and nothing could stop him now. Oh yes, the day had not gone as planned, but the outcome was just as pleasing to think about. Ultimate Power, Ultimate control, at last it was all his, to do with as he pleased.

7. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    wow sweetie, you made it again. It is a little scary how you are doing so well getting into palpatines' mind! Good job!

8. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    *shakes the hand of a fellow Palpy connisseur* (spelling?)

You can totally see Palpy thinking all this.

The only thing I suggest on the first entry, is paragraphs.

:)

9. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    Thank you Noelie, it is somewhat frightening that I'm getting into this mans mind. Rather scary isn't it? What does this say about my inner psyche?

LL- As you can see I'm learning how to make things easier to read. Slowly but surely it will improve. (I hope)

10. Count_B

Count_B Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2003
    In the first part, I can just imagine Palpy sipping on some wine while reveling in his thoughts. In the second part, I see him standing around, looking like "well that didn't quite go as planned...but oh well" [face_devil].

Nice work.

11. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    Count_B I'm glad you can see much of what I'm trying to express. That is when I know it is working.

12. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Good rendition of catching Darth Sidious and his moods and inner feelings.

13. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    Thanks for the compliment Ocelot. It is amazing to find a comment months after it is made. I'm so sorry for not noticing sooner. [face_whistling]:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.