main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Day Wes Almost Got Married (A little vignette which was supposed to be humorous)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Calandria, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    (What happens when a depressive maniac has too much time on her hands...) :)

Title: The Day Wes Almost Got Married.
    Timeframe: Utterly unimportant, but after RotJ and before Starfighters of Adumar
    Characters: Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivian and an OC
    Genre: a small Humorous Vignette

The Day Wes Almost Got Married

--Part One--

Eli?s View of Things:

Elena Trevo was a patient person. She could put up with nearly everything, probably the reason why she?d marry a fighter pilot in less than three hours. But almost wasn?t quiet everything. She?d known Wes liked pranks. Sith spit, she liked them too. It was part of who she was. But this time he?d gone too far.

She was standing in her small Coruscant flat and stared into her closet, a look of utter and absolute horror on her face. Her wedding dress, that wonderful creamy satiny confection, the dress she was to wear in less than three hours hung prominently displayed at the front. Short of fainting she didn?t know what else to do. Not enough time to get a new dress, she still had to do her hair, and not nearly enough time to come to terms with what he did. A few days earlier she?d probably have laughed, but not three hours before the wedding. Tears began to sting at her eyes and she walked to her bed, crumbling down onto it in despair.

The dress, she could still see it plainly from the bed, mocked her. He?d drawn two dancing ewoks on the front, with bright red paint. Underneath them, the words: Yub Yub My love. She couldn?t find it in her to find it funny. She probably should have listened to daddy and Danni and married Carl. Nice, boring, conventional, not in a dangerous line of work Carl. But no, she had to play the rebelling daughter and hook herself to a pilot, one with a juvenile mind at that. She could not stand it any longer.

In two steps she was at the holocom. A moment later Wes? face flashed across the screen. A sloppy grin clung to his mouth like sand to Tatooine.

"So, found my little present?" Behind him, she could barely glimpse Hobbie Klivian. He?d probably helped with the Ewoks.

"Yes." Her teeth gritted as she answered him.

"And, what did you think?"

"That you are a stupid three year old who has no sense of property and no sense of anything. The wedding is off." Before she knew it she turned off the com. She didn?t know where that had come from. But it was too late to change anything now. Well, she could call Carl and ask if he?d still be interested. Without a second glance she stalked out of her flat, ignoring the repeated calls on her com.

--Part Two--

Wes? View of Things:

He still couldn?t believe that he was getting married in three hours. When he?d proposed to Eli, he?d been so sure she?d turn him down.

"So, how?s it feel?" Hobbie sat on his bed and grinned mournfully at him. "Three hours and you're good for nothing anymore." A little stuffed ewok flew across the room to hit Hobbie square in the jaw. "Hey, be careful with Little Kettch."

"Maybe I should call her?"

"Why, getting cold feet?" Wes looked around for more ammunition.

"Na, I left her a little surprise and I was wondering if she?d found it." Hobbie stared at his long time friend in horror.

"What did you do?"

"Huh, nothing."

"Wes, what did you do?"

"Well, I just, well, you?ll see." He turned away and walked to his com. Moments later Eli?s flashed into existence. She must have been crying, tears were drying on her cheeks.

"So, found my little present?" Somehow he had the impression she hadn?t liked it.

Through gritted teeth she answered him: "Yes"

"And what did you think?" Maybe now was the time to tell her the rest of it too. She probably hadn?t looked further than the dress.

"That you are a stupid three year old who has no sense of property and no sense of anything. The wedding is off." He didn?t know when his jaw dropped. He never expected such a violent reaction.

"It was just?" the comm flashed once and was off.

"What did you do Wes?" Hobbie?s voice floated acro

2. XaveriiJade

XaveriiJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2002
    I liked it! The galaxy would probaly come to a stop if Wes got married. hehe

3. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Thanks, that's actually the thought that scared me the most: I could (almost) imagine Wes as married.

:)

4. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

POOR WES!!!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

5. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    That was funny! I don't know why, but the line "Hey, be careful with Little Kettch." cracked me up completely! I guess I just have a majorly warped sense of humour!

6. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    I'm glad ya found it funny. I ended up almost crying when I finished writing it. I guess it does have it's moments (and any good Wes story needs Kettch in it...)

7. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    hmmm, I think I'm gonna hafta go get a lurker detection system...

but UP anyways.

8. Lord_Iskander

Lord_Iskander Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2003
    Delurk...

for something intented to be humourous it went pretty well I think. Although I thing the endiing was a little rushed.

Lurk again...

9. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    ooohhhh caught my first lurker *pats her system like a prize rancor, after feeding hour*

Lord *bows to one higher placed than her* I was just toying with the idea. Wanted to see what kind of reactions I could get. (I'll improve the ending during my next bout of manic depression... :) )

10. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Yub yub my love?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great stuff.

lordmaul13

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Poor Wes!

12. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Lordmaul: The original line read: Yub Yub Eli. I found it kinda flat and put My love in instead...

YUBYUB: How 'bout both? That's what I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.