main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The DC-15

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Has anyone else noticed that the Clone Trooper's DC-15 rifle appears to be an MG-34 stock, receiver and grip, with the OT Stormtrooper's E-11 stuck onto it upside down as the remaining length of the barrel?

I'm sorry that I can't post any reference images. I don't seem to be able to do so.

2. snorkling_squirrel

snorkling_squirrel Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    WOW! I never noticed that good eye Quiet_Mandalorian

3. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    This thread would be much more effective if you could find a way to post a comparison pic. Just my $0.02 worth.

4. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Pssh, I don't even know what they look like, all I know is that DC-17s are cooler.:)

5. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
  6. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I don't see why not. Leia's blaster in ROTJ looks like a Luger with some kind of .30 cal attachment on the end of the barrel. Han's OT blaster is clearly a Mauser machine pistol with a Browning .30 cal lmg flash suppressor on the end of the barrel.

7. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    That said, I'm fairly certain that it's somewhat unusual for them to stick one nearly-complete gun minus the grip, and the grip and stock of a second, to make a single weapon.

8. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    I seem to remember reading somewhere years ago, that the blasters in the OT where all pretty much retro fitted German and WWII era guns. My memories a bit sketchy on this, but I think it was in Insider.

9. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Makes sense considering some Stormtroopers were walking around with basically unmodified MG-34s in ANH. Han gives one to Chewie when he 'escapes' in the detention block.

[image=http://www.tk409.com/images/mg34_measurements.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.