main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The DC Animated Universe Thread (The Timmverse & Beyond)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Sn4tcH, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Supes and Bats already had their own shows. Sure, a guest appearence by any JLU would be OK to help cement the shows together, but this should focus on GL.

As for the other cartoons... The BatMan took a long time for me to warm up to. Only seen up to season 3, which was really good. Still slightly kiddie with the Nachos and pizza references, but good.

Brave&Bold, I really haven't found enjoyable. Some OK jokes here and there, but I just don't like the SilverAge look or the dumbed down characters. Poor Will Friedie (sp?) went from being Future Batman to annoying blue beatle bug boy.

2. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Watched The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon last night. Wow!!! They finally got it right. High-school kid, check. Struggling with $, check. Wise-cracking, check. Great animation: check. Stories from the old days: check. Characters in general being what they should: check!!! The only thing I don't care for is the big feet&legs kiddie style for the normal humans. Oh, and Tombstone looks a little dorking missing a tooth.

Just found out about Young Justice: new cartoon coming out in a week or so about young members of Justice League, with batman appearing from time to time to bail them out. Not as anime as TT or campy as B&B.

Guessing that the upcoming Green Lantern cartoon will be tied in to the GL movie.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    But Spider-Man is Marvel, not DC [face_shame_on_you] ;)

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    [face_shhh] SHHH!!! He liked it, lets not taint that!

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Yeah, well, the marvel animated thread was closed down.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Lazy! ;)

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.