main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

... Huh, I'm still not over it.

2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Mark Strong as Sinestro was great. It was the film he was in and depression we(or I guess I should say I) will never see that Sinestro again that makes it awful. I wuv Sinestro.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Daypee likes to troll DC threads, pay him no mind. He doesn't like that I firmly believe that viewing Iron Man 3 should be utilized only in the severest of cases at the Hague and Guantanamo as a pseudo-humane punishment method. Its a back-and-forth kind of thing.

Other than his awful taste, he's a good guy, and I daresay a friend.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

No, but really I agree - Black Adam is awesome; but based on Sinestro, Two-Face, etc. I have zero confidence DC would do him justice.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    You have zero confidence in DC/WB, period, old bear. That was my point.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

C'mon, I at least try and ground myself in logic. Clearly DC is at least making some positive steps to fix their story issues (Terrio > Goyer), but to ignore some of the missteps prior is ostrich-like.

"Yes! Old... friend... you've managed to kill just about everyone else, but like a poor marksman you KEEP. MISSING. THE TARGET!"

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Me, I'm just bitter about Green Lantern. So, so bitter.

9. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Thinking about it, I would really like to see the Rock cooking as Black Adam more than Shazam(Captain Marvel dangit!). Between him and Sinestro they are my favorite DC villains.

I have bad taste too because I love Iron Man 3 and haven't like DC's past few films and have been disappointed by their direction.

10. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    So, I take from this that you think William Shatner would make the perfect Black Adam? He's probably got one good, er, signature, er decent film left in him. He'd probably appreciate the work.

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Green Lantern came out after Batman Begins and the Dark Knight and is apparently indicative of widespread story issues. Hm. I mean, TDKR had its problems, but it's still a decent enough movie. You can't make a trend out of one item.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yes, because killing Harvey Dent, screwing up Sinestro and whatever the hell they did in TDKR is making a trend "out of one item," sure. :p

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Except TDK and TDKR are consistent with themselves. Whatever it was they were doing, they went with it and stuck by it. GL is an absolute mess, sure, but the others aren't, and I don't think that makes a trend.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    How was Sinestro screwed up? I think the term is screwed over.

TrandoJedi and dp4m like this.
  15. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Yeah I will cry forever if we don't get a Mark Strong Sinestro again. Which goes with getting Tim Blake Nelson Leader too, so I guess I will be crying forever.

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

here is another set picture that is quite troubling and quite odd it appears that these pants are some sort of green screen, so DC MUST be adding yet another superhero to the mix which will bring us up to six yes six superman batman wonder lady cyborg aquaman clearly DC has no idea what they are doing jamming all of these green pants wearing characters into a film without any backstory they'll never compete with marvel with these puzzling mind boggling curious and any other passive aggressive adjective i can think of front office decisions i mean look at the one film in their cinematic universe unless you count green lantern which we like to tell people they meant to count but nobody knows if they really did but we are the internets so we know

go over to io9 to see what we really think thanks.

dp4m likes this.
  18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Punctuation is your friend.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    HE was beezeling on the io9 article from today.

Draconarius and heels1785 like this.
  20. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Superman probably just lasers that guy's legs off at one point. Nothing to get worked up about.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I mean -- to be fair -- they've already sorta confirmed The Flash was in the film, no? So it's not wholly a stretch.

But it's just as likely to be a guy injured and missing the bottom half of his legs as it is The Flash...

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  23. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I agree Heels we need an origin movie for Batman no one knows who he is it doesn't matter we had Batman Begins and now probably Gotham people still don't know they live underneath a rock WHY DID BRUCES PARENTS LEAVE HIM Wonder Woman is in this too damn this sucks DC has LOST their Cinematic Universe is over all because of two green legs but Captain Kirk likes green legs so that's probably ok.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Good to see you back around here, Voldy. Almost time for hockey.

25. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Thanks man! Gonna be a good season for everyone I think.