main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha. I'd have the same plan.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Meet Joe Black would like a word with you...

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Guys, it's 2014 now. You can just wait for it to leak to YouTube within like 30 minutes of the first showing.

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Not even then with the way leaks go these days *Goes to look at Age of Ultron trailer again*

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I still haven't seen Howard the Duck.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Why would there be a teaser for a film coming out spring of 2016?

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Because it's Superman and Batman, on screen together for the first time in the history of live-screen forever.

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    And yet, strangely, they didn't want to show people the Comic-Con footage. :p

Also, go draft, you who-ah!

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's kind of sad.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dp4m

[​IMG]

Marvel just showed their Comic-Con footage (by accident) two days ago, for a film releasing next year.

And I did - drafted a Marvel character, in fact.

dp4m likes this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hpw far in advance was the TPM teaser released? WB are probably hoping for hype close to that level. I doubt it, but.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    November of 1998 was the first teaser for TPM.

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Bruce considers Robin to be an advantage for two reasons. One, it keeps him from taking unnecessary risks which he did more often when he was solo, than with a partner. And two, the villains don't consider Robin to be a threat due to the age of each one. And let's not forget, even the *** damned Batman has been taken hostage on more than one occasion in his life despite his age and skill. So that's not much of an issue. Plus, he's needed a partner on multiple occasionsand it takes years to train someone to be like him.

Batman, Green Arrow, Aquaman and the Flash have sidekicks to this day. Superman has Superboy and Supergirl. Billy Batson had his sister and his best friend in the past. Currently it's the other adopted kids. The Teen Titans are teens and in the past there was Young Justice. The X-Men were all teenagers when the first team was forged. As was the New Mutants and Generation X. Later iterations fall under the same category. In one future timeline, Peter Parker let his daughter be Spider-Girl. Not to mention the Young Avengers were teens.

As to "Arrow", the only reason that Roy's older is most likely to avoid shooting around a teenage actor and they might wind up having him either become a parent or a drug addict. Which is easier as an adult to portray, than a teenager. Wally West is rumored to appear and he might be a teenager if so. Iceman, Colossus and Shadowcat were played by older actors in the "X-Men" films, but they were considered teenagers and they did go out into the field to fight and possibly die. Thea Queen is older because her character did drugs in her past and to have her with Roy, who is older. Not to mention running Oliver's club which a teenager wouldn't be able to do, but someone over the age of eighteen can.

As to teenagers being accepted as heroes, I don't see why not. "Sky High" did pretty well. "Teen Titans" did well as a cartoon. "Spy Kids" was successful. Why wouldn't a teenage Robin be accepted if those films and cartoons were?

heels1785 likes this.
  15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Constantine tv show: Underwhelming. The lead looks like someone cosplaying Constantine. It was not horrible and I intend to give it a chance.

Dr Fate Helmet!

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  16. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I'd expect a teaser for BVS in December, seems like Warner likes to tease little snippets and I can't say thats a bad idea. Hell, Star Wars is coming out sooner and literally no one is talking about it in the general public that I have witnessed personally.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  18. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    WE ALL MUST FIND GOYER.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It'll never happen. Never.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I recently re-discovered the Honest Trailers series on YouTube. The Man of Steel one is pretty good.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  22. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    What!? The Wayne's die? Spoiler alert bro!

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Double post.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That scene will ruin the movie, for sure.

25. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Michelle MacLaren(breaking bad, walking dead, etc.) is rumored for director of Wonder Woman.

I wonder how long before the neck beards start crying (assuming she ramains attached).