main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    People, please, we're ignoring the important news here: they've confirmed KGBeast.

I now plan to see BvS at least twice.

Ender Sai likes this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Aside from the points mentioned above, yes. Aside from the different Flash, the repeated and unrestrained insistence that the TVU and Cinematic U are not the same thing... correct Juliet. This has confirmed it. :p

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Arrow's Deadshot was probably be better than Will Smith will be, too. :p

Ironically, I know almost nothing about Suicide Squad, but because of Arrow I'm probably more excited for this than any of the other upcoming DC movies (except maybe The Flash, but I'm expecting it won't be as good as the TV show). Still, no way the movie pulls off...anything...as well as the TV show, probably. I'm semi-hopeful, though.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

YES

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sam Worthington went away though. Unless the Avatar sequels happen.

6. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I love the casting for Harley Quinn in 'Suicide Squad'. Margot Robbie is amazing, and so f'n hot.. I think she's perfect for this role!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally my big crush will show up on the big screen. I can't wait :p

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    If you want an introduction, check out the recent animated Batman: Assault on Arkham.

Here's my review that I wrote for IMDb:

Based on the so-called "Suicide Squad", 'Batman: Assault on Arkham' plays like a 'Dirty Dozen' comprised of mostly B-list Batman villains. Batman himself is really a side player here, and quite honestly by the time he becomes involved in the story, his presence is unwelcome. By that point we're fully invested in the Suicide Squad and Bats feels like a bucket of cold water.

I've seen a handful of these direct-to-DVD animated 'Batman' movies and I continue to be amazed by how far they push the violence envelope. I'd dare say this is more brutal than even 'The Dark Knight', with exploding heads, lots of human collateral damage and blood aplenty. There are even a couple of cases of near nudity (and I mean *near*) and implied sex. Definitely not for kids.

Good animation, solid voice acting and a refreshingly different story make this one a worthwhile watch. - 7/10

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh wow, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is . . . dead perfect casting. That's like the first thing from the DC movies they've gotten right. If you've seen Wolf of Wall Street, then you know she can even do the voice.

Eternity85 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... and the bare midriff of the later incarnations. :(

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Who wants to bet that this will somehow become the Will Smith Show?

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Better than it turning into the Joker Movie?

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Aw, HELL naw...

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    If there's a moment when he looks at Superman, says "Welcome to Earth" and then punches him, everything DC has done wrong ever will be forgiven.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    FTFY

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I almost put that, but someone told me that was racist once, so I decided against it.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, I don't think it's racist. Unless you say he says it that way because he's AA, rather than that's just the way he says it.

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, I don't really think so either. But wocky swears that's not how he says it. I can't be bothered to even watch the six second clip he posted somewhere in order to confirm.

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

That's mostly for that continuity. The Suicide Squad of the comics is more diverse with its membership. Rick Flag Jr., Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, Count Vertigo, Doctor Arthur Light, Duchess/Lashina, Enchantress, Nemesis, Oracle, Nightshade, Poison Ivy, the Penguin, Thinker, Vixen, Knockout, Sidearm, Superboy, King Shark, Copperhead, Killer Frost, Chemo, Manchester Black, Plasmus, Cluemaster, Clock King and Plastique to name a few.

19. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I hope he and the makers all embrace the ensemble approach. One of the fears I had going into The Avengers was that it was going to be the Tony Stark/Robert Downey Jr. show, but Whedon did an excellent job of balancing it out and the actors all seemed to really embrace it. These sorts of things work best if everyone buys into the idea that if their co-stars shine, they shine too.

I picked up ID4 on BluRay from the bargain bin at Wal-Mart a few months back and watched it again while I was off work a few weeks ago after my knee surgery. The message board on IMDb had a thread on it, so I paid extra close attention during that scene and he does say "Earth".

That animated movie was actually my introduction to the Suicide Squad, and beyond Harley Quinn and The Joker I wasn't familiar with any of the characters, though names like Deadshot and Amanda Waller did ring a bell so I've likely encountered them somewhere in the Batverse.

I have to say, I credit that movie with making me interested in this live-action adaptation. On the surface it's not something that really appeals to me, but I thought Assault on Arkham was a blast. DC's animated films, particularly the Batman ones, are pretty good. I liked Under the Red Hood, The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1 (Part 2 not so much, but that's a story issue) and Year One was okay.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Jared Leto as Joker? Good casting? Bad casting?

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The fact that this doesn't have Count Vertigo is frustrating.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It's all so disappointing. Questionably disappointing.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
  24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Put it away, dp.

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    ******* disastrous.

Which, to be fair, is exactly what I said about Heath Ledger when I first heard that news.