main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, and this makes her more unique and useful, most of Aquaman's power either doesn't have much use on the land, or are too similar to a weaker version of Superman and Wonder Woman.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Slowpokeking

Please shut up about Aquaman.

heels1785 - Weird Al is voicing Dollmaker I believe.

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Why not just use John as the Lantern?

But still, Geoff Johns did a very good job to build up the Lantern setting and made Sinestro much cooler.

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

I don't think you really understand how ridiculously improvised Knightfall actually was.

6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

It was the Bane of comic book readers' existence. :p

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    "They think it's a meditation on the increasing popularity of the anti-hero in mainstream media? Uh...yes. Of course it is. Chuck, shut up, we'll be called geniuses!"

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Enlighten me.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Do Alan Scott and Jay Garrick have any chance to show up in any of the TV series or the movies?

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, uh... this happened?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...enoist-glee-whiplash-754208?facebook_20150122

If you asked me to pick any actress from Glee to play Supergirl, I'm not sure she'd crack the top-5?

Also, sounds like they're using a hybridized story -- using the Danvers name with the Superman-style origin (adopted after arriving on Earth). Regardless of the actress, I'm still interested as this progresses.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Name them. I'm calling your bluff.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Heather Morris
    Becca Tobin
    Naya Rivera
    Dianna Agron
    Vanessa Lengies

Probably in that order.

EDIT: And, for the record, [Obi-Wan]Lea Michelle doesn't -- doesn't count...[/Obi-Wan] (she'd make a terrible Supergirl)

Healer_Leona likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Now explain why each of them are better choices than Melissa Benoist. And if you say blonde hair for any of them, I'm jumping through this monitor.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

They are all infinitely more talented? Marley's storyline had all of the drama of beezel trying to obtain $14,000 out of a wet, paper bag. I suppose there's a reason they have entirely scrubbed everything to do with that set of cast-members for this last season.

Now, to be fair, I have yet to see Whiplash -- so if someone tells me she was amazing in that, I might see it, but plenty of Oscar-caliber performance movies have crappy acting jobs by other people, so until that point I remain unimpressed.

Also, in regards to blond hair, you'll note I threw a Latina in there (who may be the most talented, and problematic for offstage things, of the bunch), you ninny. :p Also, I don't think any of them have big boobs like Power Girl, so that's out if you were wondering... :p

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I saw her in Homeland. It wasn't exactly Supergirl material, but she was fine.

16. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I have to wonder if it wasn't the material for Benoist, because there were moments in her performances where you could see something good, usually when she wasn't being whiney or pining after a boy. The biggest mistake they made with her was making the character Rachael 2.0.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

But I've never seen anything from her to demonstrate either the ability to have an edge or humor... empathy, sure...

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You all watch Glee. Your judgment is inherently flawed.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I accept that as a given.

Diggy likes this.
  20. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So long as they don't wait 10 seasons for her to don the costume... I'll be forgiving.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The DC Universe: mainly succeeding as a springboard for discussions about Glee.

Failing on a whole nother leve.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm not sure if that's a Glee reference or if I should grab my genitalia.

Amirite Healer_Leona?

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Surely not a Glee reference, so start grabbing.

Though I may be wrong since I've never watched an episode of Glee.

24. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I have a feeling that he's referring to Grant Gustin.

Although with Gustin, now Benoist, Chris Colfer, Finn Whitrock and the elevation of Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters to visible status, along with previously doing it for Julian McMahon, Ryan Murphy does have an interesting track record with discovering good talent.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Strangely, there was a great article on "bragging rights of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" the other day on Grantland and noting how that show was supposed to be Paulson's big coming out party and it failed and yet she managed to keep parleying that into good roles, even if not as high profile...

Yodaminch likes this.