main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm sure Dawn of Justice is a coincidence.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You would be, Marvelboy!

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Green Lantern and anyone can always be filmed later and added into the movie at a later date.

As for the 'unite the seven' i have a feeling that'll be a tag for each poster, not just Aquaman's.

And I wouldn't be surprised if ALL the Justice League appeared by the end of Dawn of Justice in some form.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, it's just massive coincidence and you guys are right, it will definitely make more sense later when a 7th Leaguer is cast, continue rubbing one out over Power Girl you guys definitely are right and on the money and of course it's about the Justice League movie because zome rabid fanboy powah.

[face_waiting]

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ender, where do I need to send your check?

Thank you for fighting the good fight in here.

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Honestly having another female on the team would be preferable to another guy. Maybe WB will surprise us with another female hero for the seventh.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    SO AQUAMAN CAN UNITE THEM AS THEIR KING RIGHT FANBOYS?

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

As much as you are heels' queen.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    That's an honour, though.

Rogue1-and-a-half and dp4m like this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    As well it should be.

But, for realz, I don't think any of us were Slowpokeking fanboying; it's a matter of interpretation of the posters which, unless they're actually for the Aquaman movie (which, as your point out, is unlikely given it's a 2018 release) and no one's been negative that I've seen except about the color palate.

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    the usual amount - six hunnit fiddy

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Unite the Seven Seas!

Um... wait...

three years from now. [face_waiting]

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I wasn't fanboying. It was just the only decent character poster so far. I have no dog in the "which character is going to be most awesome in the least awesome movie of the year" fight.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I find it funny that on a Star Wars message board that "Fanboy" is a four letter word.

I'll rock out with my geek out.

[​IMG]

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You'll rock out by using an unfunny show in response?

Consider me schooled.

17. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Gotta say I love how relevant this all is to DC's cinematic offerings. Let's get it on topic.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

Right. Everything is awesome!

[​IMG]

The2ndQuest and Penguinator like this.
  19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    DARKNESS

NO PARENTS

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Speaking of music...

Hans Zimmer Planning To Establish Themes For Justice League Characters In Batman v Superman

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Bah. Williams is obviously heavily, heavily inspired by the great Richard Wagner (both in use of leitmotif, and honestly, listen to Gotterdammerung and tell me you can't hear where Williams borrowed from it). Zimmer is anything is more Mahler. So he'll never ascend to the heights of Williams and his scores, because Wagner is the ****.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Sorry, but Iron Man had Iron Man. If that's not a foot stomper,I don't know what is.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's also a bunch of brummies including a bassist called Geezer. Which you would agree is not western art music.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They changed their voices enough.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Most of the MCU films (if not all of them) had themes in them that could qualify for what that article is referring to- though only a few are on par with the era of big hit themes their aiming for, but the problem has been less that their absence (since they're present) but rather their lack of continued use- there's no consistent theme that appears in more than one film except for Captain America's theme and Shoot to Thrill (if you count non-score tracks)- although it's too early to know if AOU will reuse the themes from the first film (crossing fingers, given that it was the clear champion of MCU score themes and among the best of the last 15 years- not a surprise, given that it was composed by Silvestri who delivered some of the big themes of the era they're being compared to).

One of the few things in MOS that elicited above a neutral response was definitely the main theme of the score though- it kinda mirrors Zimmer's TDK work in that both themes seem like almost like half of their more widely known predecessors (TDK's two signature horn blasts feel like they could easily be the lead-in to a full-on Elfman march explosion, and MOS's theme likewise almost approaches a lead into Williams territory [though it decides to take the off ramp and visit Chariots of Fire instead]). It would be refreshing if the newer themes expand out upon that framework more- I'm glad there's at least some consistency apparently.