main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Crisis on Infinite Earths was apparently reversed from ever happening, so I think the entire multiverse is back except for Earth.... 2? which was explicitly destroyed.

Diggy likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, the opposite of converging? ;)

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    One thing that's been bothering me, why was Green Lantern snubbed from the Razzies that year?

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So what does that mean? If the Pre-Crisis DCU is back...what characters is DC going to run in their main books? The current may or may not be douchie Nu52 variants or classic variants that remained more or less the same up to pre-Flashpoint? Regardless, it sounds like a logistical nightmare.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Because these came out.

BUCKY LARSON:
    BORN TO BE A STAR

Columbia Pictures / Happy Madison Productions

[​IMG]JACK & JILL

Columbia Pictures / Happy Madison Productions

[​IMG]NEW YEAR'S EVE

Warner Bros / New Line Cinema

[​IMG]TRANSFORMERS:
    DARK OF THE MOON

Paramount Pictures / Hasbro

[​IMG]TWILIGHT SAGA:
    BREAKING DAWN PART I

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    GL is worse than two of those films. I won't say which ones.

Edit: Haha it looks like I'm saying George Lucas is worse.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You'd be right.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Especially since he's apparently making yet more changes to SW.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    GL was bad but not the bottom of the barrel- there was at least half of a good movie in there- it just got ruined by awful story structure/editing and the misguided attempt to rush into Sinestro Corps War.

10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    They picked the wrong villain.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, this pretty much. It's kind of how I feel about Man of Steel.

The latest bit of news from the rumor mill is Chris Pine might be Steve Trevor.

After watching George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road, I want to see what he would have done with the Justice League.

George Miller talks cancelled Justice League:

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They picked two villains who didn't really go together and tried to cram them into the same movie (plus using Parallax in the FIRST film, and making him seem REALLY lame, was a big mistake anyway imo). The movie seemed to be of two minds on everything. It was too scared to go full-on "cosmic," which is the best part of GL imo, so they set the movie mostly on Earth and focused on human character (zzzzzz). But on the other hand, it felt like it needed an "epic, world-threatening," villain and those just didn't work well together. Plus there was the inconsistent tone, miscasting Carol Ferris, gross underuse of the GLC, and dodgy effects/CGI. Etc. It was just a mess. In many ways, GOTG was the GL movie done well/right imo.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    And Green Lantern didn't learn from Rise of the Silver Surfer as they had their own cosmic cloud of a poop monster.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Damn I wish GL had been good. I was kinda entertained but it was a disaster. All the Sinestro stuff was great, and i was looking forward to a good villain.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    That just looks like rich Arab kids at play

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Bats' cape will probably be CGI onto the scene.

I'm thinking this is either a flashback scene or maybe the beginning of the film, where maybe Batman chases Joker and Harley. Joker may escape but Harley is caught and throw in Arkham where Waller picks her up for a mission. Or it could be the end of the film where Bats has already taken down the Suicide Squad (ala Assault on Arkham) and what remaining is the Joker and Harley.

The Jokermobile is a sweet ride.

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So...does that mean Affleck's making a cameo in that flick?

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I can see it being either at the beginning of the film (so that Joker/Harley are in prison in time for the main plot), or near the end of the film where everything just goes completely bonkers (ala the recent Assault on Arkham animated film). I sincerely doubt that Batman has a big role in this film.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The only thing GL got right was Mark Strong.

GenAntilles likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Mark Strong was perfectly cast as Thaal as he embodied the character mannerisms, tone and other likenesses.

I wish the Abin Sur scene was more reflective of how the rest of the movie would have unfolded. Although, Parallax was the wrong character to bring into this film for many reasons; one them making Hector Hammond a redundant character.

[​IMG]

I wrote on another message board who Green Lantern could have been the next "Star Wars" type franchise with a Han Solo type character in Han Solo driving it.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    i don't want him near the end. Him coming in to save the day would make the squad seem a little lame.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, originally it was Legion from "Emerald Dawn" who was the main villain. Geoff Johns is the one who convinced them to switch it to Parallax. But the role of Hector Hammond was to reflect what was done with "Secret Origin", which included Hammond and Atrocitus as the villains.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Actually most of Oa wasn't terrible. It was a little out there compared to previous renderings but it wasn't bad. And most of the lanterns resembled their comic counterpart. The voice actors were also fine (Geoffrey Rush as Tomar Re and the late Michael Clarke Duncan as Kilowog in particular) The problem is that not enough time was spent on Oa and in space and that the conflict had to be centered on Earth. I think the DC Animated Lantern managed to do better and that plot had Sinestro going evil halfway through, but it at least developed a mentor and pupil relationship that Sinestro and Hal never got in this film. And no way should Hector have been the villain. Part of the problem with a character like that is he's just revolting to look at. Atrocitus and the red lanterns like the animated tv series did would probably have been smarter.

The2ndQuest and GenAntilles like this.