main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    More like he intended to wreck the truck, but that she would only be injured. Not fatally.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It was only a flesh wound. She just took a nap.

[​IMG]

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I always assumed she slipped away once everyone turned around.

Also wasn't Marrion Cotillard pregnant during filming? Always figured that was why they didn't let her do much in terms of action and just drive a truck.

4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, she was at the start, but gave birth during and then came back to finish the film. I think that's how it was.. But I don't think she was going to do any fight scenes even if she hadn't been. While Talia in the comics can fight, she doesn't do so that much.

GenAntilles likes this.
  5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Maybe Batman figured that since she literally stabbed him in the back, her fate was fair game.

Besides, Batman inadvertently killing Talia is the least of things wrong with The Dark Knight Rises (foremost on that list being the lame title).

Darth_Invidious and PCCViking like this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I sure as hell hope we get to see the Waynes shot...again!

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh there is no way we won't. I expect to see it in the Lego Batman movie. :p

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I would expect that WB would announce a solo Batflick soon and SDCC is a great place to make that announcement, especially in the absences of Marvel Studios and others. I would also expect WB to announce a Man of Steel sequel as well. I wish there was a MoS sequel before Batman v. Superman as there was really any character development of Clark Kent and his alter ego.

The rumors about multiple Green Lanterns is intriguing, but I'm not sure if it's going to work well. I would like to see one Green Lantern from earth to start this new DC Cinematic Universe to allow the character to have his own space to grow. I'm would be fine with Chris Pine as Hal Jordan.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

There is zero chance for a MoS sequel announcement. You know why? Because Batman v. Superman is it -- they had all but pre-announced it (since they greenlighted one before it came out based on tracking) and then when it underperformed they went with BvS at Comic-Con.

EDIT: Although I might be Jabbadabbado with this... :p

jabberwalkie likes this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think there's more than zero chance for a Man of Steel sequel announcement. I'm sure WB signed Henry Cavill to a multi picture deal and this year's SDCC will probably the best time to announce it. As much as I didn't like Man of Steel, I want to see a true sequel to the film.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Two Green Lanterns can allow for Hal and John, thus is Pine is cast as Hal, he can still work on other films as well as any commitment to Trek after the next film, while John can fill the void. Granted it could be Guy, Kyle or Simon, but I'm thinking it'll be John.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I would be very surprise if it was Baz. But I could see they may use him for diversity. I wouldn't mind a Jessica Cruz, although they definitely wouldn't be faithful to the source material.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Vixen CW Seed Official Description: Arrow & Flash Characters Confirmed

Warner Bros. Moves 'Sandman' to New Line as Part of DC Comics Shuffle

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Henry Cavill talks Man of Steel sequel

Henry Cavill wants you to know that this (Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice) isn’t going to be Man of Steel 2.

So what are the chances for another standalone Man of Steel sequel? There’s no specific date set for one on the DC schedule, but Cavill seems to believe there are good odds we’ll see him fly solo again.

18. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    [/quote]

Funny, I've always identified more with the bespectacled outsider than a billionaire playboy who finances his own version of therapy, but hey, that's just me.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    There's a segment of the population that likes the guy who doesn't play nice and will kick your ass without thinking twice about it.

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Well that's an "oversimplification" to be sure.

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, if true, first MOS2 becomes BVS and now there's more/actual movement on "Bat1" than on MOS2. That's gotta sting Cavill at least a little.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Deadline's usually pretty solid and that confirms some of the other previous stories.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Pending Ben's performance of the character, his involvement with the filmmaking side of things is the first really exciting, concrete news DC has pulled off outside of Suicide Squad. Been very interested to see what his take on it would be ever since he was cast.

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm not sure why they're having Johns work with Affleck on the script. One of them has an Oscar, and the other one is Geoff Johns.