main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It's too damn bad, though, that Tapatalk doesn't give a **** about the Ignore button. [face_frustrated]. Damn you Tapatalk! :mad:

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Too much.

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    There is not an ignoring button, but there is the one send to the phantom zone.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Can we stop this now?

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Just thought i'd post this here if anyone hasn't seen this tribute yet

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

The only major ones are Plastique, who has been part of the Suicide Squad and Sandman/Wesley Dodds. Though I think that applies only to current continuity.

That depends on if he would break or not. There have been people who have held out on revealing any secrets that they know long enough, that severe physical impairment has resulted from it. Even death. It all depends on how strong mentally that person is and that goes towards Ra's.

No, they wouldn't. Not after the last time they did with the Salkinds. When "Batman" made a bunch of money at the box office and through merchandising, Warner Brothers took back the Superman rights so that they could reap from it. $170 million in merchandising revenue, on top of what the films have made is grounds enough to hold on to it.

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    They would still have a chance to it, especially he told Bruce about his "great love" so there might be a clue. Also as long as he was captured, he could be used to lure out the remnants of LoS.

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Bruce didn't think Ra's had a child. That's the point. Ra's gave him the impression that he had no family at all and that's why he had nothing left in his heart except vengeance, just like Bruce did.

Ducard: "But I know that rage drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just...poison in your veins."

And Bruce didn't think there was anyone else. Not Bane and not Talia. Hell, the two were excommunicated and operated on their own. So it wouldn't matter. As far as Bruce was concerned, the men in Gotham and in the mountains were it. Bruce believed that he had destroyed the organization with Ra's death.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    So, let me get this straight.

You've captured a man who is so convinced of his ideological purity that he deems the deaths of entire cities appropriate?

And your plan is to torture this person?

Good luck.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He had someone he loved, it's possible to check in, there is no hard evidence showed they were dead so it's worth to investigate.

Even Alfred knew Bane's existence, all they need is to take a closer look like the CIA found Bane later, even if they were excommunicated, they needed to be taken care of.

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Interrogation is not just about torture, you also play mind game and use other ways to get information from him. Also the LoS would make their moves to rescue Ras al Ghul for sure, it's easy to lure them out when you got their boss on your hand.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd say "so ideologically devoted to the point where he has no problem with exterminating whole cities" covers all of that.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It does not matter, quite a few strong minded criminals still break under long time, extensive interrogation, the interrogation can go forever, a week, a month, a year, 10 years. Even if it fails, you don't lose anything so it's worth for a try.

Also he was devout does not stop his men and his daughter from rescue him, thus expose themselves.

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003

15. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    They would never do this, but they can do some funky time line stuff if Bale ever wanted to do it again. Have him meet Superman after TDK and all the Justice League nonsense, and have him injure his leg in a battle with Darkseid or some such stuff and have a major calamity occur that forces all the superheroes off planet during TDKR. Sigh. I know, its a dream.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    This a pretty cool poster even though it's probably fan made

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Bruce made a supposition. That's all. There's no empirical evidence that says Ra's had a family. Otherwise, Bruce would have met them. And having loved someone, who is dead, is what Bruce had to go on. Not, I have a kid who is alive, but we're on the outs because I screwed the boss's daughter long ago and let her take the rap for my betrayal and years later, our child was freed by a prisoner who was disfigured and because of their loyalty to one another and my own guilt, I turned my back on them.

Alfred knew because he looked into it.

Except no one knows about them. As far as Bruce and Jim were concerned, they caught everyone in the League of Shadows.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh no, it is an official poster. I called a friend who is Vice-President of Hollywood. He said impossible to claim that was fan made.

TX-20 likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh really now? sarcasm?

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is a terrible argument. Ras destroyed the entire public transportation system of one of the world's largest cities. He ruined the corporate headquarters of a company that rivals Haliburton in size and importance. He released what was, by a wide margin, the largest and most successful biochemical terrorist attack in human history. One that forced the city to essentially abandon an entire sector of the city to now-affected criminals.

You're kidding if you think such a person wouldn't be extensively interrogated, even if he had been working alone. Let alone because some idiot in a giant bat costume thinks he caught everyone.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, you were being remarkably stupid as Bats appears in Man of Steel 2... not World's Finest...

22. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Well to be fair Goyer said he doesnt know the name of the movie yet and said it may be Superman/Batman or Superman vs Batman among other names.

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Then they have to take a careful look, that's how we do things against mastermind of a criminal organization, check every trail to prevent their organization from rising again rather than leave their leader on the train, blow it and think the job is done.

Then why can't Batman and the police do it? Isn't it what they are suppose to do against someone like Ras' al Ghul?

Which is not true, a lot of them were still alive and later followed the lead of Talia. What makes Bruce think he got everyone of them?

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

The movie doesn't have a name yet so ur wrong :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    No sarcasm here: of course it's fan made, you git.

That said, it kinda looks nice.
    :p