main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Sounds about right. I did at least pick up all the happy meal figures :D

2. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    I really liked YJ. But i also got confused as to when it was airing which is why i gave up. It felt like 2 episodes and then a 2 month long break i eventually set my DVR to record them whenever they were on TV. I wish Justice League unlimited and Batman: the animated series re-runs were still aired. (Maybe they are, i rarely watch TV anymore [face_tired])

AmySolo likes this.
  3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ten years ago, it was still the DCAU, which was the right blend of kid-friendly with added bonuses for older viewers. That's still the point against which everything is measured. These new, gritty, grim 'n dark DC movies began in 2012, post-New 52 launch...and the biggest complaint levelled against the New 52 is easily how grim and dour and edgy the comics tried to be.

Those shows didn't do well on TV in part because the CN didn't market them properly, air them in a timely fashion, or really do much to support the shows in general.

But I digress.

New trailer!

I think this is a better trailer than the last one - and we get to see Batman in action, and it's glorious.

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Excuse me, I think I need a few kleenexes...because that Arkham-game style flawless combo at the beginning is simply geekgasmic. :p

dp4m likes this.
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I know, it's a mess. [face_blush]

Say what you will about Snyder, the dude knows how to deliver brutally awesome action.

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    "I love this real and gritty take on-"
    "BATMAN JUST SMASHED A DUDE'S HEAD THROUGH THE FLOOR I ******* LOVE COMICS"

darth-sinister likes this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ???

[​IMG]

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    No, not really. Not even a decent resemblance.

As awesome as that was, that's yet another moneyshot revealed in a trailer (How many have there been now? Five? Six?). Is there something left to wow us once we sit down to see this thing?

10. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Do you know how difficult it is not to take a comment like this and be a jerk about the film? xD

11. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    I kinda wanna see this in theaters opening day :confused:. But i'm like "Should i wait for my cousins honest opinion?" Because it seems me and him are 2 of like 100 people on the planet who loved Man of Steel.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, I'm going to go see it. I saw MOS in theaters and I've seen every live action Batman film, in theaters, since 1989. Along with "Mask Of The Phantasm". I wanna keep that record going.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Yeah, so I've been a bit of a jerk about it. Is it a crime to express one's opinion when every aspect of the film - despite the awesomeness of seeing the Trinity together on film for the very first time - screams "I have a bad feeling about this"?

I'll see it coz I'm a geek and **** yeah I wanna see Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman fighting each other and/or Doomsday and create massive destruction in the process. But the sad truth is that MoS was disappointing, and the character of Superman wasn't handled that well. And this movie is a massive rush job to create a franchise and cinematic universe to rival Marvel's. So tell me why should I not be worried about yet another disappointment?

14. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    That music is truly awful.

15. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Woah dude, I was referring to myself, I didn't actually read far enough back to know who's totally hyped and who (like me) is totally over it. I was commenting that your setup would be a lead into something like "yeah, wow us with how bad it is" just to be silly. But I try not to crap on people's hype cos I like the excitement and I don't want to be that guy so I refrained instead.

So, really, no judgement from me. :D

ReyPrescott likes this.
  16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, no worries. Guess I totally misread your post.

AmySolo likes this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Right, so this is happening now...

Drew McWeeney (formerly Moriarty) over at HitFix posted this up: http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard...d-dcs-entire-slate-be-in-jeopardy-fandemonium

This was summed up over here: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conte...ce-league-movie-universe-future#axzz401QvRjLc

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I was going to comment on the apparent shift to a Bat-focus in the new trailer before I read that article... now it seems more obvious.

19. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
  20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Gee, it's only now that the WB is getting worried. After half a dozen trailers later, who knows how many millions in ad dollars spent and just weeks prior to release.

Maybe it's time the people at the WB admit to themselves that the only relatively bankable property they'll always have is the goddam Batman. So for better or for worse this movie should now be a springboard for a new Bat franchise instead of a JL franchise. Since Suicide Squad mostly features Batman villains, it's all good.

21. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Actually, it's not that the characters aren't bankable, it's that they don't seem to know how to make them work anymore. They're too scared to let things play out.

Wondy gets the best writer in ages, one who really gets the character. Sales don't immediately pick up, writer bumped off in what, a year?

Too scared to do anything close to Marvel (ie, have a separate line of books telling the darker, grittier stories while keeping the main line close to what defined them in the first place) etc etc etc

Hell, MoS got Iron Man 1 money, but because it didn't Avengers money - oh it must be because Batman wasn't in it. Nevermind they havent a clue how to write Supes anymore.

*growlgrouseetc*

They could be great but they gotta get in touch with their history and get some courage.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Excuse you. Suicide Squad has Will Smith.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

... as Ryan Reynolds.

Ender Sai, AmySolo and The2ndQuest like this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I hope not. That guy has ruined every film he's ever been in, and several good franchises to boot (X-Men, killing Blade entirely). Not since Flint's city manager has such a disastrous and abject failure gotten so many second chances.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    :p

That was more of a joke, Wocky. Rob Liefield basically ripped off "Deathstroke" to create Deadpool. And now Will Smith is playing Deadshot (no relation) but probably people will get confused in return.

AmySolo likes this.