main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, it's true. I have a huge ****.

AmySolo and Diggy like this.
  2. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    2) Users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which is respectful to themselves and fellow users at all times.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Then stop whining and use the report button. Let a mod decide if saying you are never on is banworthy.

4. DavidSword79

Dec 27, 2015
    I didn't say it was banworthy. I have no control over that. I said it was a direct insult, which it is. Don't tell me what to do. Take your own advice and leave that to the Mods.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Stop whining was a suggestion :)

6. DavidSword79

Dec 27, 2015
    I can think of at least one additional suggestion of which you might avail yourself. :)

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Aww, don't be like that, pooh bear!

8. DavidSword79

Dec 27, 2015
    So many ironical Pooh memes to choose from, and I can't save any of them on my work computer. Bother.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You don't have to save them, just use the direct link with the img tag.

10. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    If BvS performs poorly, I can see them cancelling/indefinitely shelving Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman, and GLC in favor of them possibly trying to do an additional WW film in addition to the Batfleck film that has been rumored. The question then becomes, what do you do with Justice League? That film is less than a month away from shooting IIRC. I would tend to think that it's a little late to start making any changes to that film......

11. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Not when huge budgets aren't being justified.

12. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Well, I was more alluding to JL becoming one film instead of two or having any other major changes. Small changes I'm sure, but I can't see them doing anything major this close. My bad.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    To be fair, they **** canned the George Miller Justice League film mere weeks before it was set to start shooting. That wouldn't be unprecedented, although it would be drastic and make them look like morons. I mean, they are really between a rock and a hard place here, with no easy way out.

I mean, yeah, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg especially (I'm honestly not sure if he can support a solo film to begin with, he has no independent mythology), Green Lantern Corps was always on shaky ground due to the 2011 film (that's why they shoved it to the ass end of their schedule); all of these are on the chopping block. Wonder Woman is probably going to proceed more or less the way it is now, although I could see minor rewrites happening during routine reshoots. Too late really to do anything about Suicide Squad if there's anything wrong with it, just have to hope it turns out well. I'm guessing they're crawl to Affleck on their hands and knees to get him to do the solo Batman film ASAP, given he's made a name for himself as a well respected director and his performance is the only thing I see unanimously agreed upon as being good, even if they did apparently make his incarnation a bit too sadistic.

On the plus side, The Lego Batman Movie looks fun. So there's that.

The2ndQuest and jabberwalkie like this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not the hero DC fans want, but it's the hero they need.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Some how I get the sense The Batman Lego Movie will make more money than Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Clearly a missed opportunity.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    If you want to be concerned about the low-rated reviews that BvS is getting, and if people are worried about all of the "it's a slog," "it's too dour," "it's no fun" reviews. Here you go!

Monday

Zack Snyder: I just don’t think [Gustin] was a good fit. I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where... that (tone is) not our world. Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world, and he’s very good, we made a commitment to the multiverse, so it’s just not a thing that’s possible.

*** reviews come out Tuesday ***

Thursday

Deborah Snyder: Justice League’ is a little bit lighter, ‘cause some of these characters — you know, Flash tends to be a little bit more comedic, I’d say.
    Zack Snyder: One of the things that lightens it is having Flash or having characters that are more optimistic. [Batman v Superman] is particular to characters who are having a crisis of conscience, which sort of draws them together.

Oy...

King of Alsakan and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
  20. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    So Affleck has apparently written his own script for a Batman movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-has-written-his-879355

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  22. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    A separate press release from The CW revealed that Warner Bros. TV is also collaborating with AMC, Sony Pictures Television and Preacher showrunner Sam Clatlin to arrange a special appearance by Barry Allen in the upcoming series’ first season.

[face_plain]

24. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    [face_tee_hee]

The last pic in the article is my fave.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh keep going....

Healer_Leona likes this.