main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm not sure were Suicide Squad exactly falls on the timeline. It definitely falls after Man of Steel as the first SDCC trailer for Suicide Squad notes that Superman brought out all kinds of metahumans, like some kind of beacon. However, I would say Suicide Squad is before the events of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice because in one of the trailer it proposes a scenario of "What if Superman tore off the roof of the White House."

Wonder Woman will definitely take place before all the other films as it's set during World War I.

As for the Justice League being Part 1 and Part 2? Well, I think a combination of things happened to change that. One, as noted above, marketing; because of the underwhelming box office results for Hunger Games Part 2 and Divergent cause the rebranding of the Justice League. Two, the poorly received Batman v. Superman under the direction of Zack Snyder, had the studio reconsider Snyder's future with the DC films and allowing him to direct another Justice League movie. I think the studio is now on a "wait and see" with a second Justice League film.

I never thought the tone of Batman v. Superman was the problem, but rather the characterization of Superman and the "Martha" resolution.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The idea of Superman tearing off the roof of the White House would still be an issue if it was after his death. The mere idea of Superman, or someone of his power level doing that, would be disturbing.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think you might be reading too much into a Superman II joke in a trailer.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    My opinion with the "Martha" bit is they were clearly going for this moment of shock as Batman realizes how far he's gone and how much this has consumed them. I think that's clearly how Affleck was playing that scene. The issue I see is that the script didn't give much effort towards that emotional crux, as Batman's rage and anger aren't really shown. He's grumpy about Superman, but we never see how far gone he is until he's ready to stab him. That's why it falls flat. As a mid-point moment, it could've worked, but that would also have required more revision of the film.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

I don't think it was designed as a wink and a nod towards "Superman II". But it is a valid point based off of the fear and paranoia that people in the films have regarding powerful beings.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It is a reference (I don't see how it couldn't be) that is also connected to the universe. It's not a 4th wall break or casting stunt nod but it's pretty obvious.

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Only if you think in those terms. I took it for what it was, which was the fear of Metahumans and aliens who were nearly unstoppable.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Justice League concept art.

[​IMG]

I hope that's not the finish product on the Flash costume.

9. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I still think Superman would look better with the red undies.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Or at least a red belt.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Like so.

[​IMG]

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

I DO!!! I DO!!! I DO!!!

I remember when I first saw the Keaton Batman and I always thought it was weird to actually see his eyes. It just didn't seem right. I think Batfleck's eyes should be white as some type of night vision tech/heads up display ala Arkham video game where he can detect heart rates and heat signatures.

Moreover, I always like how the Batman Animated Series and comic books played with the white eyes, as it was often the only thing you'd see in the Batman silhouette.

[​IMG]

15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Especially in the episode, "Joker's Favor." Batman is under part of a floor that flips. One second, you see blackness; the next, the whites of his eyes as the only part of that darkness.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    New Wonder Woman Gal Gadot & Chris Pine Images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I initially didn't like the casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, but her appearance in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and the footage from that CW DCEU special presentation changed my mind about her. I'm so looking for more footage of her as Wonder Woman and I'm betting we'll get some from SDCC.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    She was wonderfully cast. I think the film will be great.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It was hard for me to see that, especially when I preferred Gina Carrano and seeing both of them standing next to each other in Fast and Furious 6.

[​IMG]

Gal just didn't look like she could pull of Woman Woman as she looked was too thin for the role.

And course there was this photo:

[​IMG]

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The only thing that worries me now is they confirmed Snyder's all over the writing of the screenplay.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    C'mon, I've been consistently rah-rah for both Gadot and Wonder Woman -- I'm allowed to have minor reservations with new information this week! :p

heels1785 likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Really? Are you referring to Justice League or the Wonder Woman movie? Four days ago WB had a press release stating that Wonder Woman is written by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns.

Wonder Woman Screenwriters Confirmed by Warner Bros | Collider

darth-sinister likes this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, you left out the most important part...

"Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg"

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, that's because the screenplay isn't written by Snyder. The screenplay is based off of a story by Snyder. Typically, the screenplay goes through many drafts and I'm betting the final screenplay has taken out of all the Snyderisms, which is the movie that Jenkins is directing.

Please stop scaring me. :p

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003