main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The DC thread, if you ask me.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raven, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The recent GL stuff is excellent, particularly Sinestro Corps War. I've enjoyed a lot of the GL stuff of the last few years actually. However that's the extent of my DC knowledge.

2. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Off the top of my head, I suggest Dini on Detective Comics, the current run of Green Lantern, the recent Question miniseries (despite the vaguely annoying ending), Manhunter, and the recent New Frontier special.

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Thanks. I'd also been reading Manhunter, too. Forgot that one. Sounds like I'll start with GL for now and see where I go from there.

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Green Lantern Corps is also really good. Action Comics is amazing right now. JSA is always great, Booster Gold is the best damn comic coming out that isn't called Fables or Ex Machina. Wonder Woman after Simone took over. And BatmanShut up Raven you are a stupid head is crazy good, in that it is crazy and it is good.

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    QFT & [obligatory]You mean Green Lantern?[/obligatory]

6. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Blue Beetle is also amazing.

7. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Yes, yes it is. I'm ashamed I haven't been with it since the beginning. Khaji da!

8. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

I feel horribly ashamed for not mentioning Booster Gold. Very good stuff. And, it's Booster Gold approved!

9. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    There's been many great suggestions, thus far. LOL So much so that I can BARELY come up with new ones that are generally WIDELY well regarded. ;)

I'd also want to throw in the new "Legion of Super Heroes" run by Jim Shooter. That's been VERY entertaining.

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Today's issues of Robin and Batman and the Outsiders made me really really happy. :D

11. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

They were not in my pull list. Maybe I'll need to grab them on the weekend.

I also recommend Black Adam: The Dark Age. It's a sequel to 52, and pretty darn good. Very dark overall - like OMG did they just do that dark - but it also had the scene that made me laugh longest and loudest out of any comic I've read this year. Adam discovering his new magic word was pure comedy gold.

12. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    The Robin issue made me so happy!:)

13. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    It is a bit of a ...Spoiler.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So I have to ask- the other week I saw the cover to Wonder Woman #18, which proclaims "The Return of the Khund!".

Now...maybe I'm just mispronouncing that name, but are the Khund an existing DC force that just happens to be making an appearance in the WW title (thus making it a coincidence), or did someone just think it'd be a great and not-as-obvious-as-it-apparently-is joke to have a female character's opponent be something called the "Khund"? [face_laugh]

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    They're an actual alien race in the DCU.

[image=http://www.geocities.com/legionvol5/pics/khundsfront.jpg]

16. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    I have yet to read the newest WW issue, but I was sold the moment that the Khunds were mentioned to be returning. Ah... Now THERE'S an alien species to fear! (Taking notes yet, Marvel? ;))

17. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    [image=http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/mandichaos/Blue_Beetle_25_07.jpg]

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    That issue was the best thing ever. I don't think I stopped smiling once while reading it.

19. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    Catching up with my DC single issues, I've come to a few conclusions, lately:

1. Did I miss a WHOLE lot of continuity between "Countdown" 8 and 7? Because I got the grip of things at issue 8, relating to previous events, but man... after issue 7, right to 6, I feel more than a LITTLE bit lost.

2. I'm loving the developments in "Green Lantern" and "GL Corp".

3. If y'all haven't been reading "Death of the New Gods", you only have one more issue to go, before the grand finale, and I can't say enough to READ THIS MINISERIES! (The same goes for "Countdown to Adventure", which also has a month to go.)

4. "JLA" has been getting better, after that slight misstep that was the "Injustice League" arc. Now that the story is crossing over with "Salvation Run", which has also been good, we're getting some of the excitement "step" back.)

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    1. It's simple. Soloman/Monitor sent the Challengers, Karate Kid, Una, Firestorm, Atom, Harley, Holly, Jimmy, Forager, Mary and the rest were sent to an Earth which was created to become the world of Kamandi. There wasn't anything else to it than that. Jimmy thought that he could go after Darkseid, but that's not the case as Soloman wanted to play another trump card.

21. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    THAT'S where I've been quite stumped! Thanks for clearing things up for me! :)

22. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/FinalCrisis/Legion/AC863-23.jpg]

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/FinalCrisis/Legion/AC863-24.jpg]

"Final Crisis!: Legion Of Three Worlds" by Geoff Johns and George Perez.

Highlights.

24. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    It's not often I freely squeal in delight, like a schoolgirl, when I see something in the comfort of my own relaxation.

This pic elicited quite a squeal. LOL

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.