Amph The DC thread, if you ask me.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raven, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I thought week 7 was great. The confrontation between Ralph and Booster was classic, as was Gold's public humiliation later in the issue. And I liked the introduction to Kate Kane and our glimpse at how our lost space heroes are doing.
  2. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    Having read issue 7 I have to agree with SotS. I loved the confrontation between booster and Ralph and finally Booster got what he deserved.

So how was week 8? :p
  3. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Week 8 was pretty good. There's a really funny moment with Green Arrow at the beginning. :D

The issue focused mostly on Steel, his niece and Lex's metahuman project. Two big cliffhangers at the end... I'm so glad this is a weekly book. :eek:
  4. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    "Stop the thief"

Ralph: "You missed"
    GA: "He said stop thief. I aimed for the guy charging thirty bucks for disposable diapers in a disaster zone"

:D :p

Good issue, can't wait for the next one. I'm quite curious who the giant is and if Natasha will be all right (I certainly hope so)

edit:

You know history of DCU is getting really useless now, next week we'll probably get Identity Crisis (been there read that) and the week after that infinite Crisis...again :p
  5. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Hah, yes, that's the moment I was talking about. :D

I believe the giant's name is Devilance or something like that. He looks to me like a cross between Galactus and a Sentinel.
  6. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah I already was wondering "what's galactus doing in DCU" mind you two weeks ago we had War Machine as a payable bad guy for Booster so I guess everything is possible.

Anyway I've heard of Devilance before, going to check him on wikipedia.
  7. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    Finally we got somewhere with the history of the DCU. It was the biggest waste of paper so far...
  8. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    I love the Question.

" I think she likes you."
  9. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Actually, History of the DCU is meant to point out that things are chaning in ways shouldn't have.
  10. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thats what I thought it was supposed to be about too but I never really noticed anything major. Though I didn't really read that closely. [face_blush]

I like the character specific back ups.
  11. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Wow, Captain Marvel is losing his mind.
  12. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    I dropped 52 right before it got great, what with Booster being outed, Captain Marvel going nuts, Ralph Dibny beating up innocent children and Black Adam finally getting in the spotlight. I caught up today though, getting weeks 7-13, so now I can jump back in the convo! Yay! :p
  13. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Sweet lord week 13 was heart breaking.

["Ralph"?
  14. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah it really pulled at your heartstrings. But noticing the man in the shadows on the last page, I bet this story is far from over.
  15. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Looks like Q and Renee have bitten off more then they can chew this time. And that the Metal Men are back in business.

But I wonder about the kiddnapping of mad scientists. Since Luthor seems to be doing just fine with his "JLA" who benfits from having crazy smart people working for them?
  16. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    I like how the main characters stories are beginning to come closer together, as the Black Adam/Isis story is leading into the Question/Montoya Intergang quest. Next week promises to be interesting..."Booster Gold Memorial Issue" eh? [face_thinking]

BTW, can we get the title of the thread updated again? Something like "Now discussing week 14: May I have my Prozac back please?"
  17. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Week 14: Public executions every Wednesday!

Week 15: It WAS all his fault.
  18. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
  19. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    A nuclear submarine.

And I'd bet anything Booster isn't really dead, or if he is that that was just one version of him. He is from the future after all.
  20. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    To be honest I think The Question is the one who's dying.
  21. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Check thisout. UGO and DC are going to be putting all 52 issues of 52 online. Issues 1-5 will be on throughout the fall.
  22. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    So, is Week 16 going to see a wedding?

And is that Mary Marvel?

That link doesn't say they're doing them all.

Don?t worry if you missed the boat when 52 launched, because DC and UGO have formed a superteam of our own to deliver you the first five issues FREE online in their entirety. Check back each week for a new issue.

Seems they're just doing the first five.
  23. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    One would suspect that all would wind up on there.
  24. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

I think that DC will keep the free stuff down to the first five issues, and then all of the origin stories.

Anyhow, here's a theory: Supernova is Booster Gold. Yeah, you heard me. I'm not sure how this is going to work out, but with a time traveler involved, anything is possible.
  25. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Heard that one before, actually.

Booster Gold = dead.

Mike Carter = alive, perhaps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.