main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The DC thread, if you ask me.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raven, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

This is why time travel stories are A) fun and b) frustrating.

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    The "Skeetles Candy" sign in the background of her last panel seals that for me.

I believe that Supernova and Skeets are involved somehow...IN EVIL. But seriously, who knew Skeets was such a stone cold ****?

And we're forgetting the awesomeness that is a Space Dolphin. [face_shame_on_you]

And YAY we have a new theme title! [face_dancing]

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Personally, ]I think it might not be the original Skeets that came through with Booster/Michael the first time. That he's been replaced with one who is part of a conspiracy that Rip Hunter discovered, far too soon. Or that as some fans have speculated, all the artificial intelligences will go bad, which is why Red Tornado is now in a human body and not his android body. Also, check out GL #13. The Guardians mention 52 and that they didn't want the Manhunters to ever find out about Sector 3600, so they built them to not see it. But now that the Cyborg is leading the Manhunters, they'll be able to find it.

Also, I think we all know that Supernova is not who Cassie thinks he is. I don't think he's evil, but I think that he's not Kon.

4. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    I still subscribe to the theory that he's an alternate Booster who's trying to fix things, and he might have just blasted the old Booster into oblivion to make his elimination look like an accident... but good call on the Guardians thing, I didn't really catch what they meant by that!

5. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Ya, Supernova = Booster. That is what i've been hearing. He's tring to set right what he has done wrong.

dkt

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    From the way Supernova acted when he killed Booster, he seemed to me to be genuinely sincere that he didn't intend for his death. In the original ending, it was a pure accident as Booster was cut in half. But in the final version, Booster was trying to prove that he is a hero. And Clark seems to be on his side, otherwise he'd have the others keep an eye on him.

7. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Blutherine Jihad?

8. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Has anyone seen the preview for next week 52 at Newsarama? Batman needs a better security system.

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That was obvious from the first time Ra's al Ghul entered the Batcave, all those years ago. For those who are wondering, Supernova comes to the Batcave and looks at the display of Jason Todd's costume and then finds one of Lex Luthor's gauntlets from his battle armor.

Also, according to Mark Waid and Stephan Wacker, Skeets actions this last week were not originally planned. It was Grant Morrison who came up with it and added it to the story. Also, in the most recent JSA issue, Rip Hunter said that he changed his name to that to keep someone from going back and preventing his birth. Also, it's sector 3601 that the Guardians are worried about. And we will see Dan Carter again. But take note that his football jeresy was #52. In the DCU, they go to that number for football.

Dan Carter was named Dan Jurgens.

10. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    The 52 that came out today didn't seem to be as... special as the previous ones... I really hope this series doesn't run out of steam...

11. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I liked it. I think the whole Lobo thing needs to build up a bit more and this was a build up issue for that but the shots of Supernova in the batcave were worth the price alone. They've been building back plots like this for awhile and its paid off. I certainly don't think its "lossing steam"

12. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    This was the weakest issue for me so far...

13. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Yeah this week was kinda meh.

14. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    ...but THIS week picked up the story a bit. I guess they'll have their good days and bad days...

15. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    By Darkseid's ******* is a great exclamation.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    52 this week preview page and cover.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WAcker/Week21/52_22_5.jpg

[image=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WAcker/Week21/52-Cv22-ns.jpg]

17. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

"Starlight" really needs a good swift kick in the pants.

18. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    At least the story picked up a little bit, where as the space stuff is cool, i don't see that as interesting at all.

I was glad to see steel show up again, I sure hope that they can work everything out. I'd like to see natasha and steel working together again against luthor. I can see that happening.

I hope the next one looks into Rene and ? a little more. I'm interested to see what they are up to these days.

dkt

19. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Okay, so... I got everything this week involving Luthor, Supernova, and/or Steel... but when it came to Magus and that weird red robot thing, I was TOTALLY lost... none of that made any sense to me...

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    lol, it's Adam's Family. *clicks fingers*

21. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Alright, that took me a bit to get.

I can honestly say this was the first issue I didn't really like on any level. Guess thats the best part of having a weekly series :p

22. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    You are broken.

I mean c'mon.

" SHAZAM! BLACK ADAM! ISIS!"

"What are you doing?"

"Seeing if it's contagious."

23. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    ^ That was definitely a great line.

24. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I laughed at that part ^^

25. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    This week's issue features pretty art. I likey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.