main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Death and Life of Han Solo AU Post ROTJ - FINISHED! - replies to posts - 11/25/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GreatOne, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Solo_Fan - Han now has a bit of Indy in him, Leia is going to have an even harder time keeping Han grounded - They both do have more than a bit of wanderlust in them, that's for sure. :)

starwarsfan68 - hehe.... and this bit of information would be a little hard to take! :D

On to the last chapter!

2. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
  3. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    A big giant THANK YOU to everyone who read and posted reviews on my story!

KnightHawk
    A-Windsor
    HanSolo29
    Jedi_Liz
    RogueSticks
    starwarsfan68
    Daughter_of_Yubyub
    Puggy
    CrystalKenobi
    rxchiquita
    Sunshine
    PadawanLitella
    Kab730
    GrandAdmiralKyrrona
    jedi-lelila
    Jedi-2B
    DarthMasan
    RebelMom
    Peregrine7
    _3MD_PsychoSniper
    Solo_Fan
    zsuzsa

Did I get everyone???

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!! :D :D :D

4. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Yea!!!! A happy ending!! What a great way to start my weekend! Thanks, GreatOne, for this enjoyable fic! and Thanks for the frequent updates!

Interesting spin you put on the combo persona of IndiHana when you added Luke's insight of the effect of Indy's more traditional/stable childhood on his behavior.

...glad to see our boy got to deck Priss Isolder for once...been waitin' a while for that one!..

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Congrats on finishing.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Loved the ending! Like rxchiquita, I enjoyed it when Isolder was thrown across the room. He deserved it. ;) It was also neat to see Han wearing the leather jacket and hat. Great little connection there. :)

That was an awesome story, GreatOne! I hope you write more fics soon! :D

7. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    OH YES! Happy Ending!

Finally someone delivered a big punch on that annoying Isolder ;)

I thought a lot about this Isolder character lately. Maybe he has got some serious problem with women if his mom has to stuff a whole Starfleet with treasures just to find him a wife. [face_devil]

Now they just fallen flat on their faces. :D :D

I really liked read this fic day by day GreatOne, thank you for the great reading.

Zsuzsa

8. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! Someone finally beat the crap out of Isolder!!!!

And awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lovely last line.... (reminds me of the last line of the first Mummy movie) Han's such a softie!!! (Don't tell him I said that)

I LOVED THIS STORY!!!! A wonderful idea with a lovely happy ending!

A. Windsor

9. Peregrine7

Peregrine7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Nice! Two favorite stories crossed over, and well handled. And of course, I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

Thanks for the hard work!

10. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a wonderful ending.

I hope to see more of your work in the future.

11. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    BRAVO!!! Excellent job. Thanks for such a nice read. It was a nice way to spend the past few weeks!!! Can't wait for your next piece!!!

12. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Awww... So sad to see this story come to an end!

Nonetheless, I absolutely adored it, GreatOne! You did a wonderful job, and I kinda like the IndiHana character. :)

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

13. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Wonderful Ending!

14. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great story. Sorry to see it end. Nice to see the pyramid returned to the Wookiees so that Lowbacca can become a Jedi!

15. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I always love a happy ending when it comes to Han and Leia. And, the last line was so wonderfully Han. :)

I must say that my favorite part of this whole story was the eventual combining of Han and Indy. Han and Indy are wonderful guys on their own, but together, they are an irresistible combination. They are "the Man"!

Great writing, and truly imaginative work!!!

16. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    rxchiquita - glad to see our boy got to deck Priss Isolder for once - hehe. I tried to make Isolder even more creepy than he is in the EU world!

RebelMom - Thank you for reading. :)

HanSolo29 - neat to see Han wearing the leather jacket and hat.- I figured Han wearing Indy's hat and jacket would be something that would confirm Indy is still very much alive and a big part of Han. :D

zsuzsa - he has got some serious problem with women if his mom has to stuff a whole Starfleet with treasures just to find him a wife - lol! I never thought of it that way, but you are right!

A-Windsor - lovely last line.... reminds me of the last line of the first Mummy movie - That is funny, because I have never seen that movie! I will have to rent it now....

Peregrine7 - Thank you for your kind words! SW and Indy movies have always been my two favorites.

CrystalKenobi - Thanks, Crystal! I will have to try and think of more stories.

starwarsfan68 - Thank you! :) :) - About what you said earlier about not liking crossover stories, that is usually true with me, too. Except for Carolyn Golledge's crossover SW stories! I love hers, and even though I don't write one-tenth as good as she does, she is my inspiration!

Puggy - Thanks, Puggy! Now, hopefully, my happy ending will make YOU want to write a happy ending! :D :D :D

Kab730 - Thank you for always reading my stories! I appreciate it. :)

Jedi-2B - Nice to see the pyramid returned to the Wookiees so that Lowbacca can become a Jedi! - LOL! ;)

Solo_Fan - Han and Indy are wonderful guys on their own, but together, they are an irresistible combination. - That is the fun part of writing fanfic - I can indulge myself with whatever my strange mind comes up with. All I can say is... LUCKY LEIA!!!!

17. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    That is funny, because I have never seen that movie! I will have to rent it now....

You've NEVER seen The Mummy? Rick and Evie are SO Han/Leia... You MUST see that movie! :)

18. Peregrine7

Oct 7, 2003
    Rick and Evie are SO Han/Leia... You MUST see that movie!

[face_shocked]

I can't believe I missed that comparison! You're absolutely right!

19. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Rick and Evie, Han and Leia

*grins* It's obvious when you think about it, isn't it?

Can't stand each other's presence until they end up kissing. :)

Good to know I started a conversation on some of the best non-Star Wars movies ever....

GreatOne, after you watch The Mummy and love it (you will, trust me...) rent The Mummy Returns... It's even better!!!!

A. Windsor

20. Peregrine7

Oct 7, 2003
    OK, how far off-topic can we go here... :)

rent The Mummy Returns... It's even better!!!!

I have to respectfully disagree. Taken on its own merits, The Mummy Returns was not a bad movie. As a sequel to The Mummy, it suffers from ... discontinuity. The two movies, despite sharing characters and background, just don't fit together well.

Enjoy each, but don't expect the two to form a complete story. They don't.

21. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Keeping this thread off-track...

The first time I saw The Mummy Returns, I liked it better, basically because Rick and Evie were married, and they were oh so adorable. But then, when the sequel was released on DVD, we bought it, along with the original... and I realized the original IS better. The UST is delicious, and the plot's a little better, too.

But both are still two of my all time favorite movies. :)

22. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Awww, that big ol' Teddy Bear-Han... such a pushover for those brown eyes of hers, eh?
    As always, this was terrific, GO!

23. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    My last comment on off topic-ness...

They are very good, very different movies.... I happen to think they're adorable as a married couple and Alex is the cutest kid ever...

A. Windsor

24. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Puggy - Ok.... :D I will rent it!

Peregrine7 - Rick and Evie are like Han and Leia... and Han and Leia are supposed to be like the old movie couples that always argued, like the characters frequently portrayed by Tracy and Hepburn! - the more things change, the more they stay the same! ;)

A-Windsor - I have to rent the SEQUEL, too!? :p ... Ok.. I will. I rented the first LOTR movie after talking to someone in a chat room, too! hehe... *thinks maybe she should get out to a movie theater once in a while*

GrandAdmiralKyrrona - Thanks for reading my story, GAK! I really, really appreciate it!

25. Peregrine7

Oct 7, 2003
    GreatOne

Yep. I never noticed the comparison before I saw it here. Of course, I was a bit of a heretic in my younger days - before we knew they were brother and sister, I wanted Luke and Leia to end up together. (Boy, did I just date myself or what?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.