The Death and Memory of Anakin Skywalker in light of ROTS events

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by ObiJuanQuito, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    okay, didnt see a post about this but i would like to discuss the memory of anakin skywalker throughtout the senate, empire and galaxy..

When the senate is addressed in ROTS, the jedi are accused of being traitors.
    The emperor proclaimed the remaining jedi will be hunted and brought to justice

before these events, anakin skywalker was the hero with no fear.
    He was the poster boy jedi and close friend of Palaptine... It is alluded to that Skywalker was killed... Of course, the emperor doesnt want the word to get out that anakin is vader....

So, i guess what i'd like to talk about is the galatic memory of anakin skywalker. What would his memorial service looked like?

Was he hated as despised with all the jedi?
    Was he portrayed as a victim of the jedi betray? (he tried to save palpatine and ended up dying)

Your thoughts

2. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    So alone... so alone...

:(
  3. Dagobah_Dweller Jedi Master

star 4
    now, are you talking about the memory of Anakin Skywalker right after RotS or RotJ? cause if it's RotJ, Luke would have set the record straight about his dad...if RotS, Anakin would be remembered as a random Jedi who got slain in the Jedi "clensing". I really don't think he was that looked up to by the senate or anything, he's just Palpatine's tag-along Jedi friend.

EDIT: btw, you aren't alone....just ignored:p
  4. DarthOthello Jedi Knight

This is a VERY, VERY, interesting question....

Hmmmmmm, meditate I must(said in a Yoda voice)...

Well, it all depends on who delivers the eulogy. If it's Luke then Vader will be remembered as a good man who lost his way but found the path to redemption...

But if it's a surviving citizen of Alderran...Then a big **** you might be in order...
  5. MR_YODA_ Jedi Knight

star 1
    It is not entirly hidden that Anakin is Vader is it? Padme, Luke, Obi-Wan, and Yoda all knew. There is also a possibility that Senator Organa knew as well. I am probably wrong though.

Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader in my mind are thought of as two seperate people. Even Obi-Wan said that Anakin was seduced by Vader when he turned to the Dark Side, and when he came back to the light he was once again Anakin Skywalker.
  6. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    RIGHT AFTER palpatine declares the first galactic empire and the jedi are now enemies of the state

7. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    NOTE:

I'm not talking about what his funeral would look like or what people at the funeral would say

what i want to discuss is how is anakin remember after the jedis are made enemies of the state and the general public assumes Anakin is dead.......

Even though in the minds of many people the jedi turned against the republic, do the people of the republic still believe anakin was a good guy, etc...

was he one of the jedis that tried to stop the other jedi from talking over?
    what is the thought of anakin in the common people in the republic...

Thats what i want to talk about
  8. DarthOthello Jedi Knight

The funeral analogy was basically my synopsis of what they would say...

You are asking how would Anakin Skywalker be remembered and what he would be remembered for?

Well, you have to take into account to everyone--except Luke--he was a tyrant. He helped plunder star systems and decimate entire planets.

Except for Luke no one is going to think good of Darth Vader...except the people in his past perhaps.
  9. MR_YODA_ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Most of the Jedi were thought of as heroes of the Republic.

General Obi-Wan the Negotiator and Anakin the Fearless are the only two I can think off. I think that all the Jedi were remembered as Bantha Poo-doo.
  10. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    No no no.... I'm not explaining this right....

After palpatine addressed the senate and implicated the jedi as being traitors....
    The republic believe the jedi to be evil and must be hunted and eliminated....

It was thought throught out the galaxy that anakin skywalker died...

My question is once the people of the republic found out anakin died, did they believe a true hero died trying to save the republic from the jedi or did he like mace and the rest of the jedi betrayed the republic....

lets put it this way... your a reporter after the events of ROTS and your doing a story on the life of anakin skywaker... IF you ask people on the street, what would they say about anakin?

11. Lord_Maul_the_Sith Jedi Knight

star 3
    I disagree with that. In light of the Clone Wars, I think the Senate viewed ALL Jedi as heroes. Some more so than others, perhaps, like Obi-Wan and Anakin as you said, but until Palpatine tells the Senate that the Jedi tried to assasinate him and take over the Republic, they would think that the Jedi were truly fighting for the Republic -- which they were. Even by trying to oust Palpatine, which was a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situation.

But Anakin specifically would probably have been remembered as just another Jedi. I don't think many people knew his true role in Palpatine's new Empire, save Padme, Obi-Wan, Yoda, a few other deceased Jedi, and of course Palpatine. I also doubt anyone knew Vader was really Anakin, aside from those people.
  12. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    [face_tired] i should lock this thread.....

Did any one see the movie???
    remember the scene when Palpatine created the first galatic empire

everyone was cheering aloud....

Most of the republic adored palpatine and trusted him.. read the book......

He told the galaxy, look at me... The jedi's betrayed the republic...
    It was all a plot for them to take over.........

anakin was considered to be dead.......

My questions is.... Was it thought by the people of the republic that anakin died fighting to save the republic or died at the hands of Clones when the jedi's betrayed the republic......

I want to get a feel for what was the thought by the general public on learning of the death of anakin.....

Did palaptine later on tell the senate or its citizens that anakin died helping him..

this is what I'm trying to find out....

So, i gave the analogy of being a reporter doing a story on anakin after the events of ROTS...

13. Skywalker_Savior Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ironic how Anakin gained the title of the Hero Without Fear, yet it was fear that caused his descent to the dark side.
  14. DarthOthello Jedi Knight

Tragic irony. I love it! :D
  15. Darth_Gorman Jedi Knight

After seeing ROTS, Anakin's force ghost at the end of ROTJ is very sad. Seeing them all smile at Luke for restoring peace creates bittersweet emotions because the celebration is something they all could have shared if it hadn't been for Palpatine's deceit and lies.

Darth_Gorman miss Padme...Waaaaahh! Such a beautiful and tragic heroine.
  16. DarthOthello Jedi Knight

I agree. I felt the exact same way. When I purchased the DVD trilogy(I was still watching the original VHS version at that point)and saw Hayden's force ghost it got me choked up, literally.
  17. theN00_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    /meh/edit/

they'd probably call anakin a traitor and build up vader as a heroi ex-jedi who stood up to him, hence the 'your father was betrayed and murdered by ... darth vader'

that way, from a certian point of veiw, obiwan wasn't lying to luke, just feeding him an easy to verify story about vader betraying and murdering anakin
  18. Darth_Gorman Jedi Knight

Totally! When I saw Hayden as Anakin's force ghost it reminded me of the end of AOTC and the beginning of ROTS when Padme and Anakin were so in love. It made me miss Padme even more because she was such a beautiful person. She helped Anakin more than anyone can ever imagine...until the end.
  19. SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Master

star 4

RE: The Death and Memory of Anakin Skywalker in light of ROTS events

Did they have a memorial service for John Wilkes Booth when he died? "The hero with no fear" became "The traitor with no honour".
  20. Darth_Gorman Jedi Knight

But Luke redeemed him by saving him at the end of ROTJ.
  21. dorkstar Jedi Knight

star 1
    To answer your question, there clearly were some who thought him a traitor, and they stayed loyal to the Empire. Then there were those who thought him a hero (and didn't know he'd become Vader, as that was not common knowledge), and they became the rebellion.

Simple as that - which is why no one's responding to this thread. Sorry.
  22. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    This is a pretty interesting topic in light of Dark Lord, the novel coming out in November.

I believe that even people like Bail might not know Anakin is Vader.
  23. Master_Rebado Force Ghost

star 2

How would that work? Bail has Anakin/Vaders' Kid in his care...

Yoda and Obi-Wan don't tell Bail that ALL important fact?

24. OMoT33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    They couldnt risk telling Bail that. obi-wan says that if the emperor knew Anakin had any children, they would be a threat to him. Bail, up until the dissolvement of the senate and alderaan, is in league with the emperor. He tells Yoda he might make some disturbing moves, but all to further the advancement of the Republic. If Palpatine suspected something, theres no doubt that he would see that Bail is looking over Anakin's child. Therefore, Bail should be left out of the loop concerning Vader's identity.
  25. Dj_Stevie_C Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not been on here in ages, thought I'd catch up on what folks are saying, erm, hi again :p

I've got just one small point on this post.

Vader never destroyed Alderaan. The man that did died on the space station when it exploded. Also Bail never knew about vader because he wasn't told, obviously its made clear the only two people who know about Vader's past are Obi Wan and Yoda. Well and the Emperor.... but still, It only comes to light when Luke starts talking about what happened with Leia.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.