main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Death and Memory of Anakin Skywalker in light of ROTS events

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ObiJuanQuito, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    While we don't have a definitive answer from the EU as of yet, I'm guessing that Anakin being Darth Vader isn't a State Secret. He was Darth Vader when he charged the Jedi Temple, every trooper there knows this fact.

There hasn't been much in the way of post-RotS EU just yet, but I did read a junior novel where a Jedi survivor of Order 66 knew Anakin, and had heard of the Emperor's deadly whipping boy Vader, but hadn't put the two together.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm not so sure this is a RotS Forum topic considering nothing exists. There's nothing to lead us to believe that the Senate believes Anakin to be anything but dead. I'm sure Palpatine made certain to convey that Anakin was another unfortunate casualty of the raid on the Jedi Temple.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader" will address this very topic. The OS also has a listing, I believe in Anakin/Vader's databank.

4. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Well, this brings up two points. When did the Emporer announce that Anakin Skywalker was dead? First off, we have to deal with the fact that the Emporer survived an attack by 4 Jedi Masters. HOW?!?!?! It had to be known that Anakin saved him, or at least I would think they would believe someone with force powers did. Was it on the verge of The Chancellors death that some random scary looking guy in black came to save him? Was Anakin touted as a hero as the "First Galactic Empire" was formed? If so, the death announcement would have to come at the point where Anakin was butchered by Obi-Wan......Or was it. Was Anakin Skywalker, Deprived of most of his physical form and forced to don scary black suit? If he was declared dead, then someone would have to wonder who "Scary dude in black suit" is.

Carnage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.