Challenge The Death Challenge (Let's Make It A Close 2nd) New Deadline for Stories!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Raphire, Feb 18, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Raphire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    If you tried this last year then you know the rules. If not then they are really simple: just kill your character! It could be in a sweet endearing way, a climatic fight scene, or even a slow heart wrenching death. But please kill the person.

However this year will be a little different. The basic premise to this challenge will still be death. I will still give you a character and a type of death and it is still your job to perform the murder.

This year though, we will have four separate tiers.

The Fist Tier will be the same as last year. A simple murder of one person by the means of death that I provide you. The rest of it will still be up to you.

The Second Tier however is a group tier. You will need to provide this death I give you to multiple people. Three or more characters which I may give you all of or just one and leave the others up to you.

The Third Tier is totally different than the others, in that these deaths need to be strictly accidental. There can be no motives or evil intent. Death just decided that their time is up now. Like in Final Destination! Lol.

Finally the last and probably hardest... Tier Four is that you need to take the character and death I give you and make it a part of any of the movies. Take an existing scene and just modify it to accomplish your death or create a new scene taking place in the movies that kills the character. This is all fine as long as it follows the plot line of the movies. So make your deaths canon. Granted the death of your character my alter the fate of the whole galaxy but we won?t worry about that now?

Remember your victim can be the main character or even a minor character but the death has to be important to the story. This whole challenge revolves around helping writers learn to kill their characters well. It?s meant to expand your horizons and stretch you as a writer. So please make the death prominent.

Emotions are important too. A human doesn?t die without being mourned. Show the depth of your characters by how they react to their friend or even their enemy?s death.

And don?t forget to have fun!

Some of my Deaths and Characters are a little difficult to write so please pick wisely

Tier 1 Regular Death
    1- LoriLynn
    2- MiralukaJedi
    3- LexiLupin
    4- Luna_Nightshade
    5- Jedi_Lover

Tier 2- A Group Death
    6- Briannakin
    7- spycoder9
    8- Jade_Max
    9- earlybird-obi-wan
    10- Cade_Cryocharger

Tier 3- Accidental Death
    11- DarthIshtar
    12- Master_Jaina1011
    12.5-moosemousse
    13- Ceillean
    14- TrakNar
    15- Thorn058

Tier 4- Scene from the movies.
    16- anakinfansince1983
    17- divapilot
    18- CelseteAntola
    19- brodiew
    20- SithGirl132

Dates:
    Deaths will be sent by the 25
    Stories need to be up by the March 9
    Voting will take place until March 16

Additional Notes If the Boards moving effects all this then I will simply post new dates which will probably just be bumping everything back however long the boards were down. So if the boards were down for two weeks then I would change the deaths being sent to the 11 and the stories being posted to the 23 and so on...
    Last edited by Raphire, Sep 24, 2012
  2. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Some of my Deaths and Characters are a little difficult to write so please pick wisely

Uh-huh. :p

[hopes that this is a wise pick]

Can I have 1st tier #3?
  3. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's back and I'm back!

Last year I went with number 5, so I think I will challenge myself and go with #6 this time.
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I need some accidental death. #11, please.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  6. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5

Let's see if I get to kill Kyp this time again. [face_laugh]
  7. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Eh, what the hell? I feel like killing a character. Give me Accidental Death #14.
  8. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Gosh darn it! I wanted 13! :mad:

Can I have 11 instead?
  9. Raphire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Sorry but 11 has been taken as well... You could pick a different one. Like 7! Or 17!
  10. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Regular Death #5 please.
  11. LoriLynn Jedi Master

star 1
    This is so out of my element (since I am the Fluff Queen) but it sounds like fun! I'm in :D

Let's see. I'll take tier 1, #5.

Gracias!!
  12. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll give this a shot. Group # 1, # 2.
  13. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
  14. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd like to try #2, from Tier #1, please.
  15. spycoder9 Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Raphire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm sorry but the two numbers you guys asked for were taken right before you got to them. However if one of you still wants a position on the first Tier the #1 is still available for taking.

Sadly I don't have a number on the first tier for both of you...
  17. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Number 12.

edit: ...I withdraw. Maybe next time. :)
  18. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    OK, Jedi Master Muse needs some intravenous expresso.

#16.
  19. LoriLynn Jedi Master

star 1
    I gotta learn to read all the posts before I reply. J_L beat me to it!

Okay, I'll take tier 1, #1?
  20. Thorn058 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I will take #15. I have been looking for something to help get me back into my writing and this may help kick start me again.
  21. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    I was all about Tier 1. Might you be willing to expand the field, or all of the field by one or two more offerings?

If not, I'll try Tier 4, #19.

22. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Ooo, I had such fun with this last year ;)

#8 if you please... if it's taken, then I'll go with #18 [face_devil]
  23. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    I had way too much fun with this last year. So I can take #12 on tier#3. Please?
  24. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Can I have #12 or #15? I just want an accidental death! :_|
  25. Raphire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Lol well obviously either I need to update my list way more frequently or people need to read the WHOLE thread before picking numbers... But it's probably the first since its my thread and my job to make things easier for you...

However since Brodiew and Moosemousse have been blocked by others at least three times I will make an exception and add to the slots.

But since adding numbers will mess up everyone else's count I will solve it in an unorthodox manner!

For instance Brodiew will now have number 1.5 on the first Tier and moosemousse will have 12.5...

Hopefully this will solve the problems and I will try and get on more to update the list so this won't happen anymore.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade