main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Death of Anakin Skywalker (RotS-ish songfic; Ani/Padmé/Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lazykbys, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazykbys

lazykbys Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Title: The Death of Anakin Skywalker
    Author: lazykbys
    Timeframe: RotS-ish
    Characters: Anakin, Vader, Padmé
    Genre: songfic
    Summary: Vader confronts Padmé for the first time after his transformation. Anakin tries to intervene.
    Notes: this is an entry for the SongFic Challenge, inspired by the song Glory of Love by Peter Cetera

[b]The Death of Anakin Skywalker[/b]

[i]Just like a knight in shining armor[/i]
    [i]From a long time ago[/i]
    [i]Just in time I will save the day . . .[/i]

-----

He opened his eyes and suffered a brief attack of vertigo when he realized he couldn't feel the pull of gravity. Then he noticed the thick fluid around him and remembered where he was.

[i]I'm in a bacta tank.[/i]

He could only remember momentary fragments of the fight that had put him there, half an year ago. Obi-Wan's face as it was lit up by his lightsaber. The Jedi Master's words that had stung more than having his arm cut off. Obi-Wan shouting his name, extending a hand that was too late, his shocked face growing smaller and smaller . . .

[i]I fell into the lava. Chancellor Palpatine rescued me. Or at least, he pulled me out.[/i]

And through the miracles of medical technology, he was alive. Complications kept returning him to the foul-tasting bacta again and again, but he was alive.

[i]My second chance at life,[/i] he thought. [i]I can't waste it.[/i]

He looked through the transparisteel and found Chancellor Palpatine standing there. His face was a cold grimness he had never seen before.

"I had hoped you would have enough time to recover completely," Palpatine said. "But it seems events are not willing to wait. I need you to go to Naboo immediately."

-----

Although Senator Padmé Amidala Skywalker stood at the edge of the landing pad, her thoughts were elsewhere. Last night she had dreamed of Anakin again. Like all the other dreams she'd had over the past six months, he had returned to Naboo from the planet Mustafar. However, last night's dream had rapidly become a nightmare as she realized Anakin was still on fire.

She still remembered the day Obi-Wan had called, saying that Anakin was missing. When she asked what had happened, he had dodged the issue, saying only that Anakin had fallen into a lava pit and that a search team had been dispatched. The chances of his return were slim, the Jedi had told her. It had taken him ten more days to acknowledge that his former padawan was not going to come back. Padmé, however, was still hoping for a miracle.

Although she felt she should know better, to this day Padmé still wondered if Obi-Wan was responsible for Anakin's disappearance. She knew that Anakin's relationship with the Jedi Master had been going from tense to bad to worse over the past few years. She wasn't sure whose fault it was, or that either of them were to blame. She remembered all the political discussions she'd had with Anakin that had rapidly deteriorated into heated arguments. Because, even after all he had been through, Anakain remained the naive boy she had met all those years ago on Tatooine.

However, to put it mildly the combination of his naive political idealism with his strong Jedi powers was not desirable. It left him open to manipulation by power players who only saw him as a pawn.

[i]Which was[/i] exactly [i]what must have happened,[/i] she thought bitterly. [i]I should have seen it coming. I should have kept my eyes open. I should have -[/i]

She wondered who had been behind Anakin all this time, whispering poisonous thoughts into his ear. A dozen candidates rose immediately to mind, not the least of whom was Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.

The man she was trying to depose.

She saw the shuttle approach. It was one of the newer designs, all straight lines and sharp angles. Her senatorial robes fluttered as the vessel landed, its repulsorlifts kicking up a small whirlwind. Padmé stood silently still as the landing ramp was low

2. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Wow! Blew me away~

Bravo! =D=

3. clone_storm_trooper

clone_storm_trooper Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2004
    Awesome - i really enjoyed that take on it - BRAVO!!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was great! A superb songfic! :D

Loved it! All of it!

5. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    :_|

If only we could have Anakin AND Darth Vader! :D

Loved it!

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    =D= Wow. Just wow. This was an amazing piece. A wonderful entry for the challenge. =D= Bravo.

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wow that was superb =D= that was definately great to the end

8. lazykbys

lazykbys Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    *takes a bow*

This is my second fic that answers the question: what can you do with a crazy clone?

Thank you for reading this, everyone, and I hope I can figure out what you liked about it so I can write some more.

AnakinsHeir: If only we could have Anakin AND Darth Vader! :D

Stop it, please. You're giving me plot bunnies :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.