main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Death Star is only complete when ball-shaped?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthDean, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDean

DarthDean Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    How corny is that? You have one house, it burns to the ground. You build a new one EXACTLY the same? It's like, "We ain't finished yet dude, there's still some spaces left in the ball!" So when the ball is complete (Though it never was) the Death Star is finished? It has to look exactly the same? Weird!!

2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Um, I'm not quite sure what your point is here, but the DS II was obviously contructed with the plan that the rebels would assume it wasn't complete until totally "ball-shaped"...

3. DarthDean

Nov 10, 2003
    nooooooooo!!!!!

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    It wasn't anywhere near the exact same, actually. It'd be like building a shack, having it burn down, and building a mansion. The DS2 was huge by comparison.

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    The Death Star we saw in ROTJ was operational, certainly, but it didn't look complete to me.

After all, if it was complete, there wouldn't have been all those independent contractors on board.

Randal Graves loves you!

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Huh?

The Rebels assumed that the death star would not be fully operational at Endor, as it was not yet completed. However, the first thing that the Emperor wanted finished, was the laser so he could surprise the Rebels.

7. DarthDean

Nov 10, 2003
    Dude, it was a ball with missing spaces! It's obvious. Same look as the first one. And not complete. Why do you think Vader went to see them? The emperor even had to "get that ball rolling".

8. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    How much more "complete" did it need to be?

The super-laser was operational.

Oh, yeah, maybe it would have been a good idea to block off all navigable flight paths to the main reactor. ;)

[signs]

Adam, you complete me.

[/signing]

Billy Dee Williams loves you!

9. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    "I built a Death Star. It sank into the swamp. So I built another one. It sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up!"

Dean -- you seem to be confusing OPERATIONAL and COMPLETE.

Operational means that it worked, you could live in it and use the guns and stuff. The DS2 was operational.

Complete means that everything was finished. Which probably isn't the case, seeing as ENTIRE SECTIONS WERE MISSING. The plumbing probably wasn't done, stormies were still pissing in the port-o-johns. It didn't have all the hangars and barracks it could have. Things like that.

Rick McCallum loves you!

10. DarthDean

Nov 10, 2003
    Ask the emperor. He sent Vader to push those dudes.

11. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    It looked the same, but the second death star was much bigger than the original. Take for instance the sun and the moon, they both look the same from our vantage point, however the sun is millions of times larger thean the moon.

The Emperor sent Vader to make sure that the laser would be complete by the time the Rebels showed up.

12. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    [face_laugh] Adam...

And Palpy was trying to get DV to marry this girl from the next galaxy over with huge....

..tracts of land?

Anyhow, the main reason Palpy had the DS II built was to wipe out the Alliance.

And the whole plan was to be a trap. And the trap was complete, as far as he could tell.

13. DarthDean

Nov 10, 2003
    adam...you are confusing the whole issue with insignificant comparason and no sense of humor. The force is strong with you my very young lad, but you are not a jedi yet.

14. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Well, you're confusing a lot of us.

Are you saying that the Empire should have built the second Death Star in a different shape?

15. Master_Enkei

Master_Enkei Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2003
    "The Cube Star"

I like it. [face_mischief]

16. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    He should just have borrowed a Borg Cube o' Destruction.

17. DarthDean

Nov 10, 2003
    You are thinking like a typical boring human. Either way, it's cool. I'm set for life. You just keep working 9-5....lol V.I.P.

18. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Uh...okay.
    We just don't understand. I'm sorry, you have to realise that us mere mortals will think you've gone totally tonto ;)

19. VCT

VCT Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2001
    The Death Star, when complete, HAS to be ball-shaped. The reason for this is that Lucas feels compelled to blow up giant spherical objects near the climax of every SW movie (save ESB).

20. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    No! the second star was to be shaped like a candy corn, but the rebels destroyed it before the imp's could complete it. ;)

21. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    It should have been a giant fist flying through space. Not only could it obliterate planets with its laser beam...but it could also punch planets into obeying the Empire.

And imagine if they built 2 "Death Fists"? Then they could do combinations. Star Rope-a-dope, yeah thats the ticket.

Does it make no sense? Of course it don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.