main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Deathstar Project

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by TFS, Aug 23, 2017.

1. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    My Star Wars crazy 7-year old grandson Evan has the notion that there is nothing I cannot do. I usually try not to disappoint, so when he was over weekend before last and asked me to build a Deathstar diorama for him to use with his action figures, I dug out a cardboard box, scissors and a bit of blue painters tape. He wanted it to have, (a) garbage compactor, (b) Prison cell compound, (c) Commander's bridge and (d) general purpose hallway. This was the pitiful result :

[​IMG]

My first sense of failure came when the action figures refused to stay standing on the wobbly floors of this Deathstar. Evan didn't say as much, but I could sense that he felt it lacked authenticity...so I told him to leave it here and I would work on improvements. As you can tell, it was devoid of any redeeming features and had to be destroyed.

He called me on Monday wanting a progress report. I told him I was redoubling my efforts! Yesterday, he wanted pictures. I knew I was in trouble if I didn't get going, and quick!

So, today I decided to tackle Deathstar II, being a little more deliberate and cognizant of details he would like to see plus be able to have the figures actually stand up on level surfaces. This time, I used four uniform sized boxes as modules and after printing out some appropriate walls and details, set to work with a roll of duct tape that was totally exhausted when it was done.

I'm hoping this one passes his scrutiny.

[​IMG]

2. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    Clever!!! What a fabulous creation!

3. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Those look great!

4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003