main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Decisions We Make (DNT AU J/TK, emerging J/J) chapter twelve up 7/3 "Raising a Rancor"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valley_Lord, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    post Fifty

2. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    This fic is still alive, I just have no time to write . . . damnit!

3. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    ?How does this work Grandpa?? Genny Asked. Han chuckled.

?That, is the hyperspace generator, and . . . Well it just works.?

?How?? Genny pressed. Leia coughed suspiciously, she remembered Han and Chewier being grilled ruthlessly by Jaina and Anakin at the same age. Strangely Han still had no clue how the hyper drive worked. Han sighed.

?I honestly don?t know honey, when your Aunt Jaina is better you can ask her, or Jag, if she brings him.? Han said.

?Daddy says I?m supposed to call him Colonel Fel.? Genny asserted. Han smirked. Jaina had been just as much of a Daddy?s girl at that age.

?Well I?m his daddy and I say you call him Jag or Mr. Fel, or . . .? he leaned in closer
    ?? you can call him uncle Jag.? he suggested. Leia scowled at Han.

?Han!? she said sharply.

?Ignore your Grandpa, he has some bad ideas.? Leia said. Genny looked between them.

?Grandpa wants me to call Jagged Fel uncle to make Aunt Jaina and him more friendly, and to make Daddy mad.? Genny looked up at her grandfather in a betrayed expression.
    ?Why Grandpa?? she implored. Han and Leia exchanged surprised glances.

?I didn?t know you could use the Force already.? Leia said. ?And you shouldn?t read other people?s minds without permission, its disrespectful, and you often do not like what you find.? Leia told her. Genny frowned.

?But Daddy and Tenel Ka block me when they think about stuff I?m not supposed to hear.? Genny said.

?Well I can?t kid, I?m Force blind.? Han said as gently as he was able.

?Why not?? Genny asked. Leia shook her head, smiling. Genny was incredibly smart and insightful for an almost five year old. She was still, four years old none
    the less, and Jacen apparently had never made any attempt to dissuade her from asking questions.

?The ability to use the Force is an ability that you are born with, and very few people have this ability.? Leia told her. Genny thought about it.

?Why can I use the Force then?? That answer was easy.

?Because your father can.? Han told her. Genny frowned.

?But you just said you can?t grandpa!? she accused.

?Yes, but I can.? Leia told her. ?Some people are the first in their families to ever control the Force. But most Jedi have at least some ancestry involved with
    the JedI.?

?JedI?? Genny asked. Leia blinked. She had expected that Jacen would have told her about the JedI.

?Your father, Aunt, Great Uncle and Aunt and I are all JedI, well your father was, but left the Order.? Leia said. Genny?s surprise was conveyed in a manner only
    a shocked child could show.

?Daddy?s a JedI.?

?Was a Jedi.? Leia corrected gently.

?Why did he leave?? Genny said. Leia pursed her lips.

?Because . . . You are much more important to him than the order, and he and Tenel Ka don?t intend on returning to Ossus.? Genny frowned. She interrupted by a
    loud ZAP and a strangled yell from Han.

?Grandpa!? Genny screeched. Han shook his hand.

?Yeah, the power converters are definitely charged.? he said sheepishly. Leia gave him an angered expression.

?And you decided to check by touching the contacts? Have you lost your mind?? she demanded.

?Public Baths?? Jacen asked. Tenel Ka sighed. When he returned yesterday, he had been shocked when he passed over Genny?s memories as he had for years. It had let
    him deal with Genny?s fears and concerns quickly and effectively in the past, but he had realized it might become very uncomfortable as Genny grew older and older.

?Perhaps perusing her memories might not be an effective parental tool.? Tenel Ka said. Jacen sighed.

?Yes, and I knew at some point I would have to stop, if not for this reason, but to give her independence from my mind.? he said. ?I?ll start teaching her to
    shield her mind when she gets back.?

?And to not invade other?s minds.? Tenel Ka said lightly. Jacen chuckled slightly.

?Sorry, I just didn?t realize how much we communicated mentally.? he said.

?Being probed by a four year old was not something I expected.? She said defensively.

?You jumped just like when

4. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Having trouble getting italics to work right.

5. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Nice to see that you were able to break away from DRL long enough to update. I know just how you feel, though...I have three unfinished fics sitting on my desk just begging to be finished.:rolleyes: Not enough hours in the day sometimes.

Great update.=D= Genny is just so cute and inquisitive.

And Jag & Jaina [face_laugh] Loved Jaina's little find in the desk and their ensuing banter.

6. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    I wish the day had thrity hours or so, I'm in the Navy now in specialty school to be a Nuclear tech, manditroy 75 hours a week right now for me, I spend 70% of my waking hours in the building.

7. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    This story just doesn't get much interest, any thought anybody?

8. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Hopefully the board will fix the word cap. I have a chapter done fore this fic. Right now I'm hoping I won't have to repost the entire story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.