main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Definition of Chaos

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Daemon, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Deak heard a voice behind her. She leaped out of her seat, drawing her blaster.

She cautiously looked around, and then realized the voice was coming from the comlink she had trown towards th back of the ship, earlier. She rumaged through all the back trying to find it. when at last she did, she hit a button that replayed the last 3 minuted of conversation. She heard Gresp's voice.

"Bounty hunter? I didn't send any bounty hunter after you! The only bounty hunter I hired was you-- oh no!-------- Come back, please! I can explain!"

She stood there, holding the comlink, trying to decide what to do. She supposed it was possibly the kid was working on his own, but.... She decided to at least give him to oppertunity to explain, but she was still not altering her course. If he wanted to talk to her, it would not be in person. For now anyways. She held the buton for transmit.

"Deka here. I just heard your message. Alright. You may explain, but don't count on me chaning my mind."

2. Daemon

Daemon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2002
    Gresp sighed. "A-kaz suffers from a certain condition. I can't give you a name because there isn't one, because.. well, it shouldn't exist. I've done some research on the Imperial creation that got the galaxy all wacked out like this, and the computer that runs it is logic based, obviously. Despite it's logic sequencing it can't figure out how the kid was supposed to turn out when it ran the simulation, and so when it put things in motion, it put him on a variable course. You've probably seen things change subtly from time to time, he changes fully. Apparently a little "logic surge" changed his allegiances. When we get started on the mission, we'll figure out a way to keep it under control."

3. AngelicPadme

AngelicPadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2002
    Aeris walked through the building shouting. "Hello! I was called here! ANYBODY AROUND???" She was about to leave when she heard something...

4. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    Frantically negotiating with Deka, Gresp saw Aeris out of the corner of his eye. She was peering in his direction; probably having heard his babbling over the comlink. He motioned her over and scribbled something on a piece of paper.
    It read:
    Can't talk now. There's a docking bay in the central complex with a Nebulon-B frigate, can't miss it. Tell the techs that you have access code "Bothawui-Kothlis-Spynet" and they'll deliver everything you have onto the ship. Keep yourself amused around town, the owners should make everything on the house for you. I'll call you up when we're ready

5. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    IC:

Tharan spent his time tweaking the ship, and playing a lot of Dejerik. He stayed away from other people, and, though other people tired, his answers to any questions were almost never spoken, but a nod or a shake, or some other signal. Most got the hint and left him to himself, but there was this one small girl, a child really, about the age of 12. She came by almost every day and, despite Tharan's efforts to appear un-interesting and to shoo her off, she seemed to have taken a liking to him.

Eventually he learned to ignore her, and she seemed perfectly content to watch him play at the Dejerik board or work on the internal workings of the ship. She seemed especially fascinated about the outside of the ship, often times patting and petting the ship, like it was a living creature. He never could understand what she was doing, but let her alone. She didn't harm the ship, nor could she harm herself unless he powered up, which he had yet to do.

One day though Tharan was having a relatively frustrating day One of the Deck Couplings was stuck, and he couldn't seem to do anything about it. It annoyed him, the feeling of powerlessness, and so he went to take a break and play a little Dejerik.

She was sitting there, right across from him as she usually was, silent, which Tharan thanked whatever gods may exist for. She seemed almost a kindred Spirit, someone a lot like him.

Today was different though. When he started up the board and was about to set up the AI, he saw the little girl had set up here side too. He looked at her kinda funny, and began to clear her side of the board. That done he started and finished a game, wining, as he usually did because he had learned almost all of the computers moves, and went back to the deck coupling. He went to work, and barely noticed when she came up behind him and began to watch over his shoulder. He ignored her and went on, but it still seemed to be stuck. He got up and started to head off, maybe to eat or something, when he heard a clanking behind him. He turned to see the girl, and saw her down in the deck just as he had been. he was about to go and pull her up, thinking that she sure was acting odd today, when he heard a clink and she got up on her own. He went to look, and there was the deck Coupling, un-stuck, and seemed to be working fine.

He looked at her in wonder, and then shrugged it off. She had just gotten lucky, hit the right part or moved the right thing, and it had come back together. It was a fluke, a so he went back to the cabin to eat.

As always he offered her some of his rations and, though they were military style and not very tasty, she ate them slowly and deliberately, much as Tharan did. This done he went back to the Dejerik board, and started up a new game. This time, just as before, when he was about to set up the AI she had her pieces all set up. He was about the clear them off again, thinking her definitely odd today, but decided to see what happened. He made his opening move, and so did she.

The game went on, and Tharan was starting to strain his brain. She was good, and used tactics he had never seen before. She played defensively, never sacrificing one creature to kill a more powerful one of Tharan?s. At this he wondered, and the game went on, him as the aggressor.

Then she sprung a trap, one a computer would never have done or even thought about because it would force it to put almost all its pieces in the line. It worked though. With the war of attrition she had been using on his pieces she managed to overwhelm and then eventually destroy every last piece of Tharan?s, with only a few losses on her side.

Tharan looked up from the board, astounded. The computer was good enough to beat almost anyone, and he had nearly mastered it. How had this girl defeated him so handily?

"Alright little Girl, how?" Tharan asked.

"I watched, and I LEARNED." She said simply, and walked off, going wherever it was she went when she left his ship, leaving Tharan bewildered and perplexed, as he looked over the board.

Edit; For

6. AngelicPadme

Jun 23, 2002
    Aeris rolled her eyes at Gresp. "I can't go outside but sure why not!" She yelled, walking off she stormed out of the building and to the nearest bar.

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    K'tala sat, having finished her meal, and was enjoying her drink...and watching the "locals".

As she was setting back, relaxing..she heard a small sound on the ground. Looking around she saw a small ball of fur being kicked about, as it was scampering to try to find aa safe spot. Probably somthing kept around to keep the vermin at bay...It had made a sound and scooted under het table. She quietly reached down, and picked it up. It meowed and tried to scratch at her. Chuckling, she sat it down on the seat next to her, stoking its head. It calmed down making a curious sound. She found a scrap from her meal and fed it to the small furball.

K'tala absently started stroking the small creature while it sat. For some reason, it was...comforting. She was content to sit, brooding into her drink, and eyeing the crowd.

8. AngelicPadme

Jun 23, 2002
    Aeris flung the doors open to the bar, if they really wanted her help they could come and find her! She sat down on stool, eyeing the people. SOme stard at her but that quickly changed as she glared at them. The bartender approached. "What can I get ya hun?"
    "Anything wit a lil kick, and make it snappy!" She snapped. When some creature sat beside her she ignored him until he said.
    "You have no place here theif, theres a bounty on your head..." He hissed. Aeris just smiled at the reminder.
    "And I suppose you wanna be collentin eh?" She asked, her eyes flaring with excitment as her hand went to her blaster.
    "Maybe I do..." He said with venom. Aeris moved quickly drawing out her blaster before he knew whatever it was she was doing it was in his face, revved up to its peek.
    "Well, I suggest that you move along, unless of course you want me to remove that thing on yoru neck for you?"
    "The what?" He asked, visibly cringing.
    "Your head smart guy, now move on out!" Within seconds he was up and out the door. She just sat back down and sipped the drink that the laughing bartender had handed her.
    "Thanks mate."

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    K'tala had been sitting there, brooding into her drink, when a young girl, flinging open the doors, came into the place.

She chuckled as the girl then proceeded to glared down everyone at the bar quickly, making the vermin scatter...cept for one.

"You have no place here thief, theres a bounty on your head..." He hissed.

"Hmmmm a bounty hunter wannabe. This should prove interesting", she mused to herself. She was correct. The new girl drew her blaster so fast, that the thug barely had time to blink before there was a blaster in his face.

K'tala watched as the thug raced out the bar. "Humph...idiot will never know how lucky he was." The new arrival sat back down, and was enjoying her drink.

Well, the girl had spirit, that was for sure. She thought back to the look on the thugs face, and it made her laugh.

When the girl at the bar was looking around,in K'tala's direction, she raised up her glass, in a quiet salute to her, then drained her drink.

10. AngelicPadme

Jun 23, 2002
    Aeris saw the silent salut then did the same, draining her drink in one gulp then putting it back down on the counter, waiting for a refill.

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    K'tala had drained her glass...she decided another refill was in order. She scooped up the now sleeping furball, and placed carefully it into her bag, on impulse. She then grabbed her glass, and walked up to the bar.

Standing next to the girl K'tala had saluted, she placed her class on the counter, eyeing the bartender. She barely turned her head, as she spoke to the girl.

"Nice move. Very professional....
    How 'bout I buy the next round?"

12. AngelicPadme

Jun 23, 2002
    "You can by as many as you like mate." She said looking at the furball. She didn't question it, she rarly questioned alot of things.

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    K'tala got the bartender to refill their drinks. She picked up her glass, nodded and strolled back to her table, and sat down, her chair near the wall.

She pulled out a small datapadd, and started checking the local networks.

14. Kazkid8

Kazkid8 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    A-kaz got up but slightly stumbled...

Ounce he was up he ran tward the docking bay. By the time he got there he was to late and the ship flew off. Hoplessly, A-kaz started fireing at the ship as it flew off...

When the ship flew out of site he stoped and looked around. There he saw gresp over at the far side of the hangar. He looked as though he was ugrently shouting into a com...

A-kaz sprinted over to gresp...

15. AngelicPadme

Jun 23, 2002
    Aeris smiled to herself. She wasn't well known in theses parts whcih was good. Standing, she left the bar casually, ducking in an alley she took out the money she had stolen from that person when they had sat down. She wasn't one of the best ones for nothing. Smiling to herself put the money back into her jacket and walked down the alley way, whistling to herself.

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    K'tala finished her drink. She checked the info on her datapad. She smiled.

She got up and left the bar.

17. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    OOC: Is there anyone who hasn't been invited to the mission yet? PM me so I can worm you in and we can start.

18. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Cathea looked at the datapad card. She slipped it in and smiled. Of course she was interested.

OOC: Um, I just skimmed the last posts but I'll read them later.

19. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    "Gresp" Deka called into her comlink, "I would like to know where you want me to go. What will my mission be? i have decided to give you all another chance, although i swear, if i see A-kaz again, i will fight him, to defnd my honor as a bounty hunter. I am sure he will be more than willing, too. I am on Tatooine right now. i have some business to take care of but it should only take a day or so. Just let me know what you would like me to do after that, and where you would like me to go."

She sat down in her seat and awaited a reply.

20. Kazkid8

Sep 2, 2002
    I ALMOST HAD HER!! A-kaz thought to himself, IF I ONLY SHOT HER THERE... OR PUT A PARALIZING POISON!!!!!! AHHH I'M SO STUPID!!!

When he caught up to gresp he gave a-kaz a look of anger. He got up and pushed a-kaz down but a-kaz got right back up again and said, " HEY! What was that all about?!"

21. AngelicPadme

Jun 23, 2002
    Aeris walked into waepons shop, she smiled. At least it wouldn't be her money she was spending. She smiled, gazing as the blasters and different types of bombs.

22. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Deka landed on tatooine, taking her comlink with her. She understood the Admiral was a busy man, and figured he's get back to her as soon as he could. She slipped the comlink into her pocket, adn discovered something else. She pulled it out of her pocket and looked at it.

It was her card from Gresp with unlimited $. She allowed a small smile to creep across her face. She had completley forgotten about it! She realized that it would not be good to run around just using it everwhere, though, so she decided to go to a galactic bank. She started to pick up her flight jacket and then realized it was about 120 degrees Fahrenheit out side. Chuckling, she set it back down and went and found a light cloak in the back. It was dusty brown, with large sleeves and a large hood. she slipped it on over her pants and shirt and tied it shut in the front. She slipped her blaster in the holster, and picked up a small bag of tools, weapons, and other items that she slipped on so the bag was in front on her chest. She stepped outside of her ship.

Heat blasted onto her face, and encompassed . Instantly, she began sweating lightly. Trying to adjust herself to the extremely dry air and increadible heat, she just stood there for a minute. once she was able to move without feeling faint, she walked slowly out of the docking bay.

23. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    Gresp frowned. "Allright Deka, I'll meet back with you here when you're done. You're job should come naturally... I'm not hiring you for subtlety, if you know what I mean. Gresp out."
    A-kaz came in. Gresp's eyes flared and he shoved the young one down into a chair. He protested, but the Bothan's voice rose. "You've got to keep this condition of yours under control! I know you know about it, so try and keep things going with the master plan. If you can't keep things under control, I'm authorizing anyone to stun you on sight if you're being hostile. You keep it up, and we'll send you back home! Deka's out for your skin, you're gonna have to especially watch out around her. Got that!?"

24. Kazkid8

Sep 2, 2002
    " YEA! Okay.. whatever..." A-kaz looked away for a moment but then looked back, " Sumtimes I get out of control... I DO know about it..." Then He got a look of anger, " Well... IT'S NOT MY FALT!" He yells, then he picks up a bold, " I Can't always control myself!" He throws the bolt across the bay, " I'm changing!" He then slams down into the chair he was pushed into before and just looks to the side with a look of anger...

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    K'tala continued her quest. She stopped at one point, enjoying a cool drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.