main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Del Rey and Marvel Panels

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JBFett007, Apr 19, 2015.

1. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Anyone know what was said or if anything was announced at these yesterday? I'm disappointed they didn't cover them in the livestream.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

I believe they just mentioned what we have already learned over the past week. Battlefront novel, Lando comic. If anybody made any rude statements they didn't write it down on the Q&A section. All they mentioned was somebody asked Marvel if they will be continuing legends and they said there are no plans to but it is a possibility some day.

Only thing new I think we truly found out was that Marvel will eventually get into the time period between Empire and Jedi.

JBFett007 likes this.
  3. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Nice. Thank you. :)

4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I think 'no plans to but is a possibility someday' is becoming a standard response for DelRey and Marvel when asked about legends material because that was the same exact thing the Del Rey people said to at their panel.

Lets legends fans maintain a glimmer of hope so they won't try to lash out in public.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I read in another Celebration thread that only events on the main stage were live-streamed.

6. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    What were the Del Rey announcements? Just the Battlefront novel?

7. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Is it clear if the Battlefront novel is YA or adult?

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    BF novel is adult- they had a mock up at the DR booth.

Main DR announcements were the BF novel subtitle, the Rise omnibus, Aftermath being a trilogy, the associated creative teams and the majority of the JTTFA literature being released in the same day. And of course the TFA novelization info with ADF, the rebook release and delayed hardcover release.

For Marvel it was mainly Lando and the new (or now continuing) creative team announcements (plus the SW one shot).

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Like I said nothing new, and some of you guys went googgoo gaga thinking that you were getting more. Its all about OT and OT and more OT, the PT is in the back burner and maybe forerver. This was an unimpressive 4 days. marvel avengers appears more exciting seriously......................

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kanan is pretty damn close to the PT considering issue #1 started while Episode 3 hasn't even finished yet. And Wiseman said the first arc is only covering 5 months post-Sith.

Joe Kalicki and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Some people are never happy.

Joe Kalicki and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Well, I'll give him credit... that's one think Dark Horse almost never did, go past what... 5 months into 19BBY?

Or at least they didn't until the final year.

I really loved those early empire year stories. I hope we can still get more somehow. Stupid Live Action show prevented us from getting any material beyond 18BBY or before 3BBY for like... 8 years.

Valin__Kenobi and Jedi Ben like this.
  13. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014

Kanan is Dark Times. Unless you want to count the whole series PT just because the first 10 pages take place during ROTS.

14. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    What one shot?

15. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I'd be fascinated to find out what exactly you would have found "impressive" if the last four days wasn't it.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I believe issue #7 of the Star Wars comic series will be a standalone story (one shot) about Obi-Wan's time watching over Luke.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Correct, with guest creatives involved.

I wouldn't say things were I impressive- but given where things are (pre-pre-release for a film, new novel and comic lines that are only just starting a new continuity just beginning to be established) there were always going to be limitations as to what they could announce it discuss.

18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Which? Age of Ultron film or Hickman's finale to his run?

In any case Vong, you're in no position to throw stones given some of the mad enthusiasm you've previously expressed for the new stuff! Glass houses and all that.... ;)

19. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005

Now that interests me. I wonder if this means that the main Star Wars title will eventually branch out to others OT characters as well, in between arcs covering the main cast...?

darklordoftech likes this.