main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Deleted/Missing Scenes Thread!

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Avnar, Dec 15, 2016.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    As time passes I think the legend will build more and more of this original version of RO that must be out there somewhere.

A decade from now rumors will begin to surface that Disney/LucasFilm is set to announce an official release of the original uncut and unedited version of RO.

In the meantime, various bootlegs will appear on the black market claiming to show the original cut of the movie.

CT1138, Dr_Cthulhu and Sarge like this.
  2. Zannah Sith'ari

Zannah Sith'ari Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2017
    Someone will get there hands on all that footage just to preserve it...a true film buff and star wars fan...like those guys that do all the fan edits. it's only a matter of time

Sarge likes this.
  3. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Again I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an extended cut of the film. This kind of thing has I think fallen out of favour in recent years for a couple of reasons....

1.Blockbusters have tended to focus more on casual audiences rather than hardcore fans.

2.Franchises produced by multiple different directors/writers make it harder to add material whilst keeping consistency.

Rogue One though is I think much more of a hardcore fan film and had great success as one, I think your looking at a very large audience who might buy a directors cut compared to say your average marvel film. Your also looking at a story that's naturally much more separate from current films linking into long established films for the most part. The only exception might I spose be Chirut, to me he does potentially seem like a pointer of were The Last Jedi might take the force religion so I could potentially see a decision being made to hold back on some elements that gave too much away.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I trust 100% on Disney. All deleted scenes that we have seen so far, both from TFA and R1, are weaker than what is in the movie.

Maybe one from TFA and two from R1, but I prefer the new Vader corridor scene (which was added in the reshoots), than a scene with Chirrut AGAIN praying to the Force.

5. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    So what were Vaders original scenes if the corridor scene wasn't part of the original plan?

6. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

Just the other one where he chokes Krennic.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, and discussed it mostly starting here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/official-info-vader-in-rogue-one.50031866/page-124#post-54211348

It's also probably worth pointing out that that wouldn't really be a deleted scene, since it wasn't ever filmed... just an early story idea.

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  10. zoidar

zoidar Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    I have a feeling they're covering up some deleted scenes as "early draft scenes that were never filmed"

some, not all.

11. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    1:59:

A deleted scene from Tarkin?

BB-8 My Homework likes this.
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    there is a making of book coming out in October 2017 so they'll probably include a lot of stuff.

13. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    They recreated a scene from ANH as part of the process. This is that scene.

Ricardo Funes and EHT like this.
  14. Darth Sith Saber

Darth Sith Saber Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2016
    They totally should have cleaned up the "wormy and biggs" scene where Luke saw this happening from the boshe station, and included it near the end of R1!

A really cool deleted scene from ANH, and getting actual footage of Hamill/Luke would have been amazing!

CT1138 and Avnar like this.
  15. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    That scene happens hours after the end of the movie.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The scene with Luke by the moisture vaporator, looking up and seeing a battle could have been a cool post-credits scene though.

Avnar, Pro Scoundrel and Sarge like this.
  17. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

It would be cool to bring that whole scene to the official canon, including Luke's friendship with Biggs.

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Not really a "Missing scene" but I have looked everywhere for the character Tam Posla (great character design from the Visual Guide) and think I finally found him - He has been re-purposed to be one of Saws rebels minus the helmet... Bummer!

whostheBossk and thejeditraitor like this.
  19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Further to this Lt. Hija - There is a scene on Jedha that has a crashed Tie fighter that is on fire! After K2 says "I should have stayed on the ship" (Paraphrasing) there is a scene of the whole city. I pressed pause on my Blu Ray and zoomed in on a heap of stuff that you will love!

Lt. Hija, Ricardo Funes and Snafu55 like this.
  20. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    My speculation is....

What happened in Rogue One was that Edwards just started shooting every "cool" idea that came to his mind, only to try to see later if they were good for the movie or not.

So he ended up with dozens of shots that did not belong to the movie in terms of pacing and were not useful to move the story forward.

This is how the trailers were done, the people responsible for creating the trailer got access to the dailies and picked up whatever they thought was cool for a trailer.

This is, I suppose, why Disney had to apply some top-down management on Edwards, because we was kind of losing himself in all these "cool" shots.
    By the time the main shooting ended, they had a number of holes in some places, a number of excessive shots in other places, and a story that was not concise.

This is why Edwards would be a great option to direct another SW movie, ONLY if the other crew that assisted him to finish the story and during the reshoots also works together with him.

To sum up, all missing scenes were just "let's do it because we can" scenes.

Chris_Fives and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  21. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    I really miss the scene where K2SO tells Jyn, "The Captain tells me you are friend. I will not kill you." I would rather they had dropped the first encounter of the two characters during Jyn's rescue and kept this. It really helps further distinguish K2SO from that other popular droid, and emphasized just how dangerous he could be. With Alan Tudyk's matter-of-fact delivery, it reminded me very much of HAL. Or Ash. And I actually began to wonder whether he might turn on his teammates at some point.

22. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

I love the deleted shot of the downed Rebel Pilots being put on a death march through the streets of Jedha City by Stormtroopers. I love Rogue One but maybe that scene/shot should've remained in the movie. I also love the Saw Gerrera line, "What will you do when they catch you? What will you do if they break you? If you continue to fight what will you become?" That probably should've stayed in the movie as well. Rogue One is still excellent all the way around. :D

Force Smuggler, Sarge and Avnar like this.
  23. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    This line made sense in the original story, which had Jyn as a Sergeant in the Rebel alliance.

In the final movie, Jyn was just along for this one mission, she stopped caring for the rebellion a long time ago, so this line would not make much sense.

24. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017
    I heard from a guy named Mike Zeroh on YouTube that there's this deleted scene of Vader killing that last Rebel as the Rebel is lying on the ground after the door closes on Vader aboard The Profundity. Then in that same scene there's a shot of Stormtroopers running up behind Vader. Now that's a deleted scene that I wouldn't mind seeing. :)

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It probably doesn't exist... there are no indications that finished and unused deleted scenes for RO even exist. And that "source" is not a source of accurate information. ;)

Ricardo Funes and TCF-1138 like this.