main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Demotion of Strilo

Discussion in 'Communications' started by ObiWan506, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Perhaps the best thing that can be done at the moment is a temporary suspension and then revisiting of the issue. From the way I see it, there's been blame on both sides and what hasn't helped at all was the heat of emotion and argument.

Maybe until after the new year, or the move, which ever comes first.

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Glad to hear you're talking about some sort of reconsideration.  Look at this again with a cooler head. 

3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    506, from what I've read in this thread you've been one of the few sane people. I don't think there any point in rehashing and making counter accusations while people are still so close to the issue and still a bit burnt.

This needs to be dealt with, but rationally.

4. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I think the difference here is that SLG has admitted her bias and is owning it as much as she can, whereas Grimby is attempting to hide his and claim objectivity. That's where the real problem is. Grimby is acting like this is all very businesslike and matter of fact when its becoming clear that this was a heavily emotionally compromised issue for all parties involved, and that's just what I'm gleaning from Grimby and the other Admin's posts. Its hard to be objective with that many ad hominems.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Aside from the "pot and kettle" and "bias" comments, which I agree is personal and not helpful, I think the post makes a good point. In my view (and I've expressed this to Strilo personally) Grimby should never have been left with this situation to deal with in the first place because Strilo's repeated offences should have meant he was demoted from MS quite a long time ago and I would say thats really a collective failure of past administrations.

The current administration could have handled the demotion better in terms of communication and such like, but as far as Strilo actually being demoted goes my view from the outset is that it had been a long time coming and was actually an inevitablity and nothing I've seen or read over these 15 pages and counting so far has said anything differant to me.

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I take it Stirlo was told that his status was at stake if he didn't change his ways? If you are going to make a statement like that, you need to be prepared to back it up with actions.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Re: Personal bias.

I know I haven't posted much in this thread, but I've been talking in MS and I've been following the comments here. Let's admit it: everyone is more or less biased here. We're a small and close community, it's stupid to pretend we're not trying to help/hinder someone because he's our friend/nemesis. Let's move on from this kind of arguments, please. We were making advancements here. This doesn't need to be a fight, "pro-Grimby" versus "pro-Strilo". You know what? I'm both. Let's try to find out what really happened without killing each other in the process, shall we?.

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I was not told that by anyone in the current administration or the previous one either.

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm with you, Dave. [:D]

That's why I made the suggestions above.

EDIT: Tim, this interesting as IMHO this sort of thing should have been said. I've had to mediate conflicts in my group before (very small compared to the JC), but if someone steps over the line I'm not afraid to read them the riot act and tell them they will no longer be welcome if their current behaviour continues.

If this thing was so inevitable, why is it rearing it's ugly head now? If the spat between Grimby and strilo hadn't happened things would have gone on as they were until another even would have triggered it furtehr along the line.

10. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    So you're really going to put yourself out there and call out years of previous administrations as being incompetent?

11. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Yea I don't think it is going to get you that modship that you are jonesing for by doing that.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I don't know if I'd go as far as to say "incompetent" But my view is that some of his previous behaviour should have resulted in his demotion, yes. Sorry if that upsets people, but its my personal view/feeling on the matter and I can't change it. I understand that many others will take a differant view and thats fine, I'm clearly at odds with Comms opinion on this one, but I can't change my view. And again, for the record, Strilo has never really done anything to me personally.

13. Tosser

Tosser Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2002
    If one wants to look at the competence of previous administrations and allowing things to fester one only needs to look at how long Darth Sapient's behaviour was tolerated.

14. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I really am glad they are talking about some things in MS. I think that's a great step.

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Didn't think you were being sarcastic.

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Not sure who your aiming that at, but if its me I can confirm now that I have no intention of ever re-joining MS again. In the unlikely event that I did one day decide to come back to MS it would either be for the Live Action Series or a new Star Wars movie project and even then I doubt very much whether they'd have me back after my posts this week.

Nothing else would interest me in the slightest, and as both potential projects are well and truely off the radar for the forseeable future, you can rest easy in your bed that I'm not trying to force Strilo out to make room for myself.

For better or for worse, what I say here to everyone, I say sincerely and without motive or agenda. I'm simply stating my own view and feelings on the matter, which unfortunately happen to be at odds with the majority on this occasion.

OK?

17. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Nobody even said anything about that, but you are kissing ass pretty hard in this thread so my initial thought was that you were going to be jumping for a modship. [face_peace]

You keep claiming in nearly every single fricking post that you have made that you have no "personal problem" with Tim. The tone of your posts says otherwise. Your posts are starting to get redundant, irritating and add absolutely no value to the situation at hand.

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Why, because I'm not going with the majority view and I won't just shut up and go away?

You brougt up my potential agenda in taking the view I have and I answered you. If you didn't like the answer, thats not my problem.

19. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    No I think it's because you've made the same basic post about nine times now.

20. Tosser

Tosser Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2002
    much like everybody else

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    People have challenged me as to why I'm taking the view I am, and sometimes have suggested its a personal grudge/vendetta against you. When those people have challened me, I've responded. Simple.

22. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Ok, I haven't even had time to get caught up in here yet, but it's time for the personal sniping here to end. We've been very lenient - probably too lenient - in terms of moderating this thread up to this point, but stuff like that isn't going to get any of us anywhere.

23. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    That's it, give me the keys. I'll fix this.

;)

24. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
  25. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    That is completely unneeded Juli.

Everyone can take this as a second and last warning to keep it on target and civil. We've managed to keep it that was (for the most part) already, so don't make it now that we have to start taking actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.