JCC The Dental Thread, talking about dental stuff..(FYIICYDK Teeth)

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 19, 2012.

1. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    So back in May I think I was eating, and a tooth broke slightly. Because of it since then I've had a cavity there. Today I was eating some chicken at work and it broke some more. Now there is a very sharp edge on my tooth. Fortunately there isn't any pain at all.

So I'm going to have to go to the dentist, but question: anything to do to take care of it meanwhile?
  2. harpua Chosen One

star 9
    Chicken broke your tooth? Geez.... that's some hard core decay.

Keep it clean... use listerine after you eat, and brush your teeth more often than usual. Swishing some salt water around your mouth wouldn't hurt, either.
  3. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Dental means Teeth?

Well, ya learn something new every day.
  4. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    The chicken I was biting into is a hard breaded chicken made by Koch.
    [IMG]

I don't think this is the only time its broken since May, I think it has over the time between now and then because I've tasted that hard tooth thing before. But yeah, I've been using the Listerine Total Care and brushing and flossing more. Good thing is still, thinking about it, my teeth are in relative good condition. I mean for a person who ate sweets and etc without hardly any greens growing up* my teeth are still very good. Probably because my diet included a lot of chicken which supposedly helps your teeth's health (Irony).

*I've cut back on a lot of sweets and breads. I don't eat them as nearly as much.

I have to be specific sometimes
    Last edited by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 19, 2012
  5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Get to the dentist as fast as you can, before this gets any worse. If you don't feel any pain, it's because the decay has deadened the nerve. Then it will decay some more and hurt again. Get it fixed NOW. It's like having a flat tire on your car--fix it right away before there's more damage done. Root canals are expensive!
    Debo likes this.
  6. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    I've had pain in the tooth, I still do, just not right now.
  7. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Arlon,

That's actually good. It means the root is still alive. But, get it fixed like, now. Root canals are like $1400.
  8. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    I had a root canal once - about four years ago. It was awful. Just awful.
  9. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I've never had a cavity and I have never broken a tooth. But then again, I have dental coverage and-- I'm making a wild guess here-- you're one of the 100 million Americans who do not.
  10. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    Not at the moment no, but I'm going to go eventually and have some so yeah.
  11. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Arlon,

You should call a dentist to see if you can work out a payment plan. This needs to be fixed now.
  12. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    Trying to find one is the issue of affordability*

Finding an affordable one to just get a check up I mean. What are dental prices where you live?

*I left it in, but even that sentence to me made no sense.
  13. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    An office visit is like $75-$100; but lots of dentists have coupons. To fill a cavity is around $150 or so.
  14. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    One place I went to last week they said it was like with everything gonna be 300 dollars to do a cavity pr something. That's why we're looking around.
  15. harpua Chosen One

star 9
    How long are you planning on living with your parents?
  16. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    So the problem was the koch in your mouth?
  17. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Arlon,

That probably includes full mouth x-rays, which you don't need. They just need to x-ray that tooth. Beg, borrow or something the money to get this fixed now. $300 is a lot less than $1400+.

See if they'll work out a payment plan for you.
  18. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    As long as they need help

JP: I knew someone would bring a perverted remark into this. But I wanted to be as specific as possible in case someone asked what things I was eating and etc. That's just what I get for posting here :rolleyes:
  19. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
  20. cipe Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You're totally not getting your money's worth. Sucker.
    Darth Guy likes this.
  21. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    But insurance is there for the 'just in case' scenario. If you don't have it, you end up needing it, like Arlon.
  22. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    (Good) dental insurance covers semiannual checkups, which are necessary to prevent and catch cavities and other problems before they get worse.
  23. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I was lucky - my root canal wasn't at all bad. I walked over and back from work and planned to resume work. "They" told me I had plenty of sick leave and GO HOME. So, I did.

It was far better than the three wisdom teeth extractions (two impacted).
  24. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    My root canal wasn't bad, either. They did it in one day! Well, I had to go back to get the permanent cap put on, but I was able to travel (it was right before Wonder Con in Anaheim).
  25. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    My next dental visit is nigh - I've got hygenist this coming week and dentist next week (checkup).