main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Depth of Obsession (JA, Obi, Qui, angst, h/c)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Antigone, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Hey all! I?m suffering from a bout of the sithly writer?s block on NOC, but I was attacked by a rather persistent plot bunny ? which I am now posting as a sort of peace offering. I?m pushing through darth WB and *hopefully* will get the next chapter up today?Seriously! But, until I do, hope you enjoy this.

Disclaimer: George owns this little playground, I?m just having some fun on the monkey bars. I don?t own anything recognizable. I also do not own the Verve Pipe?s song ?The Freshmen.?

The opening quote will make sense in time.

**Just a note, I don?t do romance, so?this will not be one. =)

?I can?t be held responsible?
    She fell in love in the first place.?
    ?The Freshmen,? Verve Pipe

Poorly muffled laughter vibrated off the stone walls, the sound collecting and magnifying in the half-circled ceiling of the deserted hallway before spilling back down, making the group?s number seem far larger than its two. The padded footsteps skidded to a stop and, with a grunt of exertion, a heavy wooden door creaked open ? the hinges protesting to centuries of ill-treatment ? and the two beings dashed inside, slamming the abused door behind them.

?Careful, Proxa!? A hushed voice warned, ?If we get caught, I assure you, I will beat you myself.?

?Yes, milady,? came the reply, the normally deferential words laced with amusement. ?I am certain that ? this time ? you will carry through if we are discovered.?

?Don?t push me, Proxa,? the other growled as she moved across the darkened room, patting furniture surfaces blindly, ?Sith! Did you bring any lighting sticks??

Proxa sighed, ?What would you do without me, Nara?? Reaching into her robe pocket, she pulled out two long-stemmed lighting sticks and handed one to her companion, ?Here.?

Proxa scraped the stick against the grey stoned wall, the wood hissing and snapping as the tip ignited, flaring briefly before subduing to a modest flame. She held it in front of her face, casting a weak veil of light over her continence, flickering over her pale skin and dulling her long, dark hair. Her eyes, however, drank in the sudden luminosity, allowing the flame to dance within its dark depths and giving the girl an almost ethereal ? possessed ? visage.

She spoke as she turned to short table beside her, now faintly illuminated and shown to be cluttered with well used yellow wax candles, ?Milady, in general, two people working on something tends to make the work end twice as fast.?

A moment of silence enveloped the chamber before a second scrape of wood against rock came and the flare which followed was illuminated the second girl. Shadows softened the boundaries of her features, but did little to question her beauty. Her raven hair was pulled up, a few stray strands carefully curled and positioned to hang becomingly in her face. Her brown eyes, in contrast to her companion?s, were pleasantly accentuated by the orange flame. The fire seemed to merely lick at them rather than consume them, hinting more at laughter and amicability than need for an exorcism.

In minutes, the entire room was ablaze with fifty-some lit candles ? be they atop exquisitely carved dark, wooden tables and desks or fitted in beaten metal candleholders, decorated with delicate, handmade etchings of a language long since forgotten in favor of the universal Basic ? along with two larger metal fire bowls, each secured on a elegantly simple, meter-tall metal stand and placed on either side of the worn wooden door. The flickering light revealed a spaciously furnished sitting room, themed in red. The richly upholstered furniture ? two high-backed, wooden chairs, each fitted with its own intricately embroidered scarlet cushion, and a matching couch of the same fine make ? while spread apart as to give the sitting more than enough personal space, were directed towards a beautifully ornamented fireplace.

Proxa placed some kindling in the mouth of the structure, pulling the dry logs from the gilded firewood holder positioned on the low step separatin

2. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    You've started another one. :) I guess writer's block is good for something. ;) Great start here, do I hear a hint of dissatisfaction and maybe obsession in Proxa's voice? Can't wait for more, though I hope you manage to break the block for NOC soon. :)

3. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Antigone - This is great! I agree with Abbi_Cee that writers block was a good thing in this case - as long as it doesn't happen here ;)

Look forward to reading more :D

Rogue

4. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    This looks promising.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    **puts out bowl of bunny chow**

more please :)

6. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    PadawanKitara - **puts out bowl of bunny chow**

That's too funny! [face_laugh] - LOL :D

Rogue

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ahh fun start :D Nice blend of humour as always Antigone

Shame about Darth Writer's Block but I'm patient so no worries :D

8. NabooPrincess14

NabooPrincess14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    I hate writer's block to, but it will stop in a flash one day and you'll be typing like crazy!
    Can't wait for that day!
    Great start. ;)

9. Naeva

Naeva Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    Looks very promising. You've got me hooked already. :)

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Can't wait for the next part... what is the backroundon the data pad?

11. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002
    Glad you all like it!

PadawanKitara - ::bunny scrambles out, sniffs food, digs in::

Jedi_Knight_Hunter - no real background to the datapad, Obi's just joking about the danger involved in his missions - death factor.

Darth WB is slain, no other sithly forces on the horizon, and coming today, to a thread near you, "The Depth of Obsession, Chapter 2"

:D It will be out today, just thought I'd get in a reply before sitting down and finishing it up.

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    WOO HOO!

:D

13. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002
    Here we go! See, I knew I could keep a deadline. Hope you enjoy!

?Of course, Master Jinn, but before we get down to business, I?d like to, perhaps, take a walk with you ? your padawan may come, too, if he must.?

Nara?s smile ? well practiced, for certain ? seemed more fitting of a courtesan than a crowned princess, ?We are, after all, going to be working together for some time ? my mother has transferred all authority on Remula?s entry into the Republic to me ? and I believe I would feel more ? comfortable ? if I knew you better.?

With a degree of control not needed since his own days as a padawan, the Jedi master responded, completely ignoring Her Highness? seductive tug at the neck of her already low-cut dress, ?As you wish, Your Majesty.? He bowed, ?And I would prefer Obi-Wan to accompany us. He is still learning the art of diplomacy and would certainly benefit from any experience he can receive.?

Obi-Wan, being no stranger to the desire practically pouring from the princess, reached to the bond, //Master, I do believe that well enough versed in the ?art of diplomacy? that if the princess does not require ? or want ? my presence-//

His thought was abruptly cut off as another raced through the link, //Obi-Wan, you *are* coming with me, have no doubt about that. I have not the practice that you, my cheeky padawan, have when it comes to ? lust ? and would prefer not to be placed ? alone ? in a potentially compromising position.//

Nara clapped her hands together, ?Excellent! Now, if you will excuse me, I will go freshen up for our outing. Meet me at the south entrance, near the gardens, in one standard hour. Proxa, come.? She rose from her gilded throne, touching the hand of the maiden standing next to her ? Proxa, if Obi-Wan remembered correctly ? and gracefully made her way down the seemingly infinite stone steps ? their centers obscured by a carpet of deep crimson ? handmaiden in tow. She brushed past Qui-Gon ? accidentally, of course ? and, as etiquette dictated, apologized profusely before flashing another smile ? and the accompanying leer ? and continuing on to her chambers.

The two walked down the hallway, each thankful there was no sentient near enough to shake their heads at the giggling or scold for grins which would, obviously, give the princess? fine skin premature wrinkles.

?He was even more gorgeous close up!? Nara skipped in front of Proxa, grabbing the girl?s hands and forcing her to a stop, ?And now, we?re going for a walk in the garden. Oh, this is perfect!?

Proxa smiled. Yes, she thought, simply perfect.

Nara tightened her grip and pulled her handmaiden down the hallway, ?Come along, we have work to do. I have to pick out a dress, something a bit less conservative, I think, redo my hair, pick out sandals to wear?and only an hour to do it!? Her face blanched at the thought of the miniscule amount of given time and she promptly released Proxa, forgot eighteen years of propriety, and sprinted to her room.

Nara walked down the hallway leading to the south entrance, Proxa beside her, each girl stunningly ? though Proxa very simply ? dressed in pale pastel chiffon, light and flowing. Nara?s, however, clung so tightly to her thin frame that it made Obi-Wan wonder ? though he was quite certain of the answer ? exactly what would happen were she to bend ? even slightly.

The girls paused as the hallway ended and an archway opened into a large exiting chamber ? actually, more of an overhang ? opening into the lush palace gardens where waited two ? as those gazing upon them would agree ? images of pure perfection.

Forcing down the flush which threatened to overwhelm her cheeks, Nara ? conscious of her dress? rather extreme constrictions on free movement ? continued on towards the Jedi as Proxa took her place slightly behind the young princess.

?Now, remember Proxa. If all goes as planned ? and it will,? Nara turned her head only slightly ? only enough for Proxa to observe the hungry smile gra

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    wow- must have been the (plot) bunny chow [face_laugh]

I Hate Cliffhangers! But I wonder...was this part of the plan, or does Proxa answer to other factions in the government?

15. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That was certainly an unexpected twist. I have to wonder what's going on, though. Are Nara and Proxa involved in something together, or is Proxa doing this without her knowledge? Great post, Antigone . Post again soon. :)

16. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    I feel so sorry for our boys. I would have been SICK in their place... ugh.

And ooh a cliffie :eek: I do hope you'll be just as good keeping to your deadlines for the next post!

17. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    This is great Antigone - Seems like Master and Padawan are party to a crash course in seduction :eek: - and you got a giggle out of me at ?Thank you, Owni-Wan,? - ??Did she not bother learning his name or did she purposely mispronounce it?

Very intriguing, and definately more going on under the surface :D - more please.

Kitara - Keep the bunny chow out, I'd hate to see them chew up the garden ;)

Rogue

18. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002
    I'm glad that you like! Nothing that I really have to say, just upping :D

19. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Antigone - you sure know how to paint a luscious visual portrait.

Gorgeous Obi - rescuing damsel in distress, being nuzzled, then dropping bonelessly into unconsciousness.

Very intriguing. Post more ASAP - OK?

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Ahhh Cyn, you just put such delectable visions in my head [face_love]

21. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002
    Just wishing everyone a Happy Fourth! Enjoy the day when they actually encourge play with fire(works).

EDIT:

Professional play, of course. :D

22. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Ooooh, this is amazing! Intrigue, suspense, danger, passion, lust, and, of course, Obi! [face_love] It's all good... :D Incredibly well-written. You're one of the most eloquently-worded people I've ever read - very well done! Keep it up! :D

23. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002
    draigon, awwww! Thank you so much! You have brightened my day considerably. :D And, congradulations on your new nephew. I read about him on another board and wanted to wish you, your sister-in-law, brother and, of course, your nephew the best!

Rogue, why would Nara even bother to learn the padawan's name when the master is there at her disposal? :D

New chapter tomorrow...I kept my last deadline, hopefully I'll keep this one. :)

EDIT:

Oh and one more thing :D I posted a fic (completed, short) Oseanaca and, though most of what I write doesn't turn out exactly how my mind's eye envisioned it, this came pretty damn close. If anyone would like to, say, read it, I would be greatly obliged. :D Self promotion is not really my thing, but upping it for a third time just seems pathetic.

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    I will watch this with great intrest!

MORE!!

25. EveningStar

EveningStar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    I love it so will you please post more as soon as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.