main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

South East The Dew Drop Inn

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Welcome to the SouthEast Regional Discussion forum's chat thread. This is a place for all the chapters to drop in and say "howdy".

We're serving up some freshly brewed sweet tea, homebaked biscuits and gravy, fried apples, fried chicken [tastes like Gungan!] and some peach cobbler.

Let's kick back, relax and have a good ole time!

2. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Howdy! [face_peace]

(looks around) Seems cozy, all right. Mmmm.... tea..... =P~

Well, since DragonCon's right around the corner, I suppose there's a good chance that some of you/us will be there. The Chattanooga Chapter (Chattooine) had a fan table there a couple years ago, but decided it was a little out of our recruiting range. heh... Anyway, if anyone gets some spare time, drop by the ConNooga booth (also in the fan table area). That's where I'll be 95% of the (day)time.

Other than that, what's everyone up to?

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm up to something [face_mischief]

But not getting ready for D*Con :_|

Getting ready to get the kiddo back to school and get back on a schedule. I *HATE* summer.

4. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Thanks for letting me know about this Jada.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You're welcome.

Can I interest you in some tea? We just had a pool table delivered and we are thinking about setting up some darts. But you know how people get when they've had a little too much sweet tea and they start playing darts. [face_hypnotized] 8-}

6. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    'ello folks. :)

Stopping by to say hey.

7. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Mom always said, "don't play lawn darts in the house". [face_hypnotized]

(grabs a stick) Rack 'em up and everyone duck!

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    "What's a duck" ~ Luke Skywalker from Star Wars: The Adventures of Luke Skywalker

Our book club is reading the novelization of the classic movies and that is a line from the book. [face_laugh] It is very interesting to go back and read the novelization and see all the differences. [face_thinking] :-B

9. Jedi_Stardancer

Jedi_Stardancer Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2007
    Ah nix to the sweet tea, thanks all the same. This former Jersey gal's still getting used to this whole flippin' sweet tea craze down here. I have a theory, Jada, as you know, about that stuff. Everyone gets all whipped up on caffeine and sugar and gets all hyper (which is what makes the darts a bit frightening!). Then after the stuff wears off, everyone's like all crashed out and they get lazy. The stuff's dangerous...JUST SAY NO TO SWEET TEA!!! :p LOL!

10. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm a Yankee by birth, myself. Took me a few years to get used to the concept of sweet tea, but I got hooked.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    TK-2970 makes some good sweet tea. :D

But it was Bojangles that got me hooked.

So, who is going to D*Con? I know Hama probably is.

12. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Funny... I'm from Chicago myself, but I guess sugar's a universal thing. [face_peace]

How about a Root Beer float?

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OMG! I love rootbeer floats! I'm addicted to rootbeer as well as sweet tea. [face_blush]

Do y'all have Sonics there? Our Sonics have been doing free rootbeer floats on Thursday nights. Yummy. =P~

What's your favorite rootbeer? Mine is either A&W or Barqs.

There was a company that used to make Birch Beer, Sasparilla and Root Beer in these really cool etched brown bottles. I used to collect them. I was going to try to paint the etching to make it stand out more. Otherwise they kind of just looked like beer bottles. I used them as candle holders.

14. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Orlando System checking in. Thanks for the tip, Jada.

If Republic Credits will do fine, I'll take a pool cue and a Corellian Carrot Juice... and you can leave the pitcher.

Glad to see you folks. -Campbell

15. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Macon here. The CLONES will have a fair showing at D*C.

Are there any plans for a SE Region get together? or a FF get together?

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    At D*Con or another time. If it is D*Con you are thinking about I don't know. One of the things we'd like to do is getting more interaction between the chapters and hopefully lead up to a get together. :D

17. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    D*Con is probably the best chance for a big get-together for the southeast FanForces. We'll have at least 15 of our Chapter going (although not as a group) that I know of.

Oh... and A&W root beer floats are the bestest! Sonic's are great, too. Heck... I'm not particular when it comes to floats. :p

Pass the scoop! Floats all around! [face_dancing]

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Huzzah! for rootbeer floats!

I know we are planning to go to D*Con next year. Our funds have been scarce this year. :( And *IF* there is money [face_money_eyes] I might try to make it to ConNooga . . . which I almost called ChattaCon. :eek: :p

19. Erelannon

Erelannon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    Wow, is ConNooga a new name for "ChattaCon"? I wasn't aware it had changed names ... =D=

IBC root beer ... YUM! Though in all honesty I like IBC Cream Soda the best. Hard to find, though.

Two scoops in my float, please [face_peace] !!!

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Is there a ChattaCon?

*gives Erelannon a two scooper*

21. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Chattawhat? [face_shame_on_you] ConNooga... that is the only convention in Chattanooga that will have what you want. ;) Naaa.... they're still having it as far as I know.

Has anyone seen the crazy-big straws they have at Burger King? I'd hate to see what kind of spit-wads kids are shooting out of those! [face_beatup]

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I haven't seen them. Unless BK is giving out SW toys we don't usually go there. My daughter says their chicken strips are too spicy for her. 8-} This child will never survive my chili . . . I call it El Diablo's Outhouse [face_skull] [face_devil]

23. Erelannon

Erelannon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003

Yum! =P~[face_love]

24. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just got some more peppers that I added to the pepper pot too! :D

25. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    "the Pepper Pot"... Not sure why, but that made me laugh. Spicy = better! [face_hypnotized]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.