DFW, TX The DFW Fanforce Needs You!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthCynthia, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Originally posted by Old Jedi (Tim) at the old boards on 11-28-2000:

"The DFW Fanforce Needs You!!!

Now that the dust is begun to settle on this web thingy, the question for us becomes; what will we do until May 2002? The leadership of DFW Fanforce is trying to avoid the pitfalls of the routine "dinner and a movie" mentality. That is not to say we won't be having those events, but there are other possibilities we haven't explored. Quite frankly if we wish to grow and become the type of group we know it can be, we must expand our horizons, and meet the needs of others in this group.

There are so many brilliant ideas out there, be they a "Girls Night Out", Monopoly Tournament, A Day at the State Fair/Six Flags, Road trips and the list goes on and on. It super that you all post some of these ideas on the forum, but we must not let them die there. Here is our plan. We hope to have an informal "activities" committee set up very soon. This group's sole task will be to provide DFW Fanforce options when it comes to activities. I have asked Chad AKA Darth Rain to head this group. Here is where "you" come in: we are seeking volunteers (I hear the groans already) who are willing to take an active part and contribute ideas that are suitable as Fanforce activities. So to all those folks who have those great ideas we need you to step up to the plate and help us.

That's it--come up with ideas and suggestions on how we can all have a good time (that doesn't necessarily include a large popcorn and drink). This is your chance to take an active role in what DFW Fanforce does, and where it goes. If you are interested please contact Chad AKA Darth Rain, and let him know you're in.

"Help us DFW Fanforce, you're our only hope" "
    -----------------------

Just repostin' info from the old board ;)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

2. DarthRain Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm still looking for other suggestions and volunteers.So far...I've only heard from Mistress.

Let's hear from you everybody !!!
  3. DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Chad, glad to see ya here finally :)

I would say I'd help out, but I've really gotta get my butt in gear with some of my own stuff. I never know if I'll be able to do things often enough, so I just help out where I can and when I can.. sorry about that..

good luck to you all, tho'... looking forward to covering stuff at the meeting.

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia
  4. JarvisW Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am new to FF but I've been waiting for a DF/W thread.

I will help with ideas and such but I moved from Denton and lost my DSL. I can only go 28.8k max (phone line not modem!) so I can't do more for now.

I will also try to see ya'll at Grapevime mills. I am soo bored here I'll be glad to have something to do!

P.S. If anybody needs a video editor or production assist. PM me. I need a job other than temporary mall work!
  5. Joanzia Former FF Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Hey Chad! How about a road trip to Lubbock? Ha, ha, ha..... think that ya'll could pull that off? :)
  6. Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Let me see if I've got this right..

Everyone had been contributing great ideas on the forums, but the moment I ask for volunteers (gasp!!!), everybody clams up and starts looking down at their shoes and mumbling something about about they don't have any good ideas. DFW Fanforce is not about TFN, forums, city, regional, or global folks, it's about you. All of you are the reason WE are here.

We depend on you guys for ideas, and suggestions. If you were in my position what do you think we as a group, would enjoy doing? I know we have weather issues to contend with and I know the holiday season is upon us, and people have a lot going on in their lives, but if we are to thrive, let alone succeed we are going to need everyone's help. Step up and not only be counted, but be heard.
  7. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Don't make me drop somebody. I already said I was in from the old house.
  8. DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Well, I had been trying to help out. I just don't want to be set on a committee because I don't know from time to time if I'll be able to get that involved (especially when it comes time to doing what we even planned for).. but you know me... if I get an idea.. I post it, so yes.. I'm still involved.

As far as stuff to do.. more Star Wars stuff. You know me.. that's about all my obsession.. errr.. hobby is, really, since I'm not into movies and games in general :)

I'd recommended checking out other clubs. I am here in the D/FW area, but I also hit the Richmond club. They have RPG, book clubs.. you name it. If it's Star Wars they get involved in it. The thing that bites about me is that I don't drive and don't like to rely on others to get me there, and sometimes honestly I just would rather curl up in my room and watch SW movies, draw Maul (and others), or read SW books by myself ;)

I also hope more folks come back and post here.. I'd hate to think that the move lost us members :( I was one of the ones that was nervous and not happy about it, I'll admit. But I got over here, got used to it and want to keep having fun w/ Star Wars, so here I am.

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia
  9. DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Oh yeah.. and want to get involved and bring in more attention to your group? Then how about doing things to help others.. yes, Richmond (like I said, I hang out there too) has toy drives and that's a great idea and Marababe brought up a blood drive before, too.. but don't just stop there.. see what others have an interest in to help your community, then contact media to cover it if you can.

As I said.. I contribute.. I just don't know if I'd want to say I'll join up then not be able to help out as much as I thought, much less join in on the event. I think I'd be a bit hypocritical to go "oh yeah! Plan for this" and not even get to go to it (either because I had no ride, or because like I said, I just had other things to do).

If that's something you folks don't mind, then yeah.. I'll try to help you brainstorm. I think I've shown I've been trying to post here to keep things moving along, afterall.. LOL ;)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Long Live the D/FW Fan Force

Cynthia

P.S. My apologies to the folks who replied that they would help from the old thread that I didn't put with this repost. I figured you'd already been added to someone's list offline and didn't want to keep posting stuff cut and paste, but I guess I should have. :)
  10. Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Maybe I should clarify the word "committee". I don't want that word to scare people off, with the idea of boring meetings and conflicting times, etc. How about calling it a work group, is that any better? An informal core group of people who scour newspapers, guides, the net, any source of information to come up with ideas that we as a group can participate in. You would then bounce it off Chad and a few others to see if anyone would be interested, that's it. Some ideas will work, and others won't, but the idea is to continue looking for new ones. We probably want to avoid too may internet activities, since that sort of defeats the purpose of the meeting face to face aspect of Fanforce, other than that we are open to suggestions. Mainly what this group will do is make sure any viable ideas are followed up on, and not left to wither on the vine.
    Here are some ideas I have heard, some require warmer weather and some for activities after the fact: bowling, picnics, museums, Six Flags(Holloween in the Park, Holiday in the Park, etc) Texas State Fair, Ladies Night Out, Guys Night Out(no offense to the Ticket), a road trip, Gaming Nights(board and video), these are right off the top of my head, there have to be hundreds more out there.

I cannot do it alone, We need everyone pitching in to make this thing work. Please help us to make DFW Fanforce even more special, than it already is.

"May the Force be with us"
  11. DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Alright then, Chad? I hope you still have my email/ICQ/Y!IM etc.. if not they're in my profile. I'll help out with brainstorming.

If anyone needs to email me to bounce ideas around with, that's fine too. BTW.. I mark myself invisible on Y!IM and unless you're on my ICQ list I'm like that there, too. I do try to check both as often as I can, but lately I've been cutting my online time back (Hubby uses the compy to write, but if necessary he's been known to go to the old 486 and let me use the P III). So just leave me msg's and if you need to get together to chat online I'll try to get some time. I may be slow to reply on those because if anyone from my Y! Maul club catches me online I talk w/ them too.

I hope this batch of babbling makes sense :)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia
  12. THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm up for anything..anywhere..with anyone. I like all the ideas you mentioned Tim. We could even plan a get together like the 1st Saturday of every month or something to go out to the movies or just hang out somewhere at a regular place. Nothing like a meeting or anything. Just a regular gathering somewhere and who ever can show up shows up. Me, when ever I get bored, I go to the Granada movie grill and watch what ever is new. Doesn't even have to be SW related..just something to do. This is going to be a long wait until Episode II and we could even start practicing standing in line again ;D. Maybe even just getting dressed up as Jedi and scaring people at the mall.

"I'm ready for anything." - Luke
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.