main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Dialogues of Revan (pt. 3) (KOTOR, Revan confronts Jedi council) [7/28/07]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anderson84, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anderson84

Anderson84 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2007
    Title: Dialogues of Revan -- Entry 39
    Author: Anderson
    Timeframe: Mandalorian Wars, 3 days before Revan's entrance
    Genre: Dialogue
    Characters: Revan, Malak, Atris, Vrook Lamar, Vandar Tokare, Lonna Vash, Kavar, Zez-Kai Ell.
    Keywords: Revan, Malak, Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Council.
    Summary: Revan defies the Jedi Council's orders and leaves with Malak to fight the Mandalorians in the outer rim.
    Notes: These are all dialogue entries as if from a scribe. All will involve Revan in conversation or public speech on his philosophies of war, life, the force, and various other things. He was apparently a great orator, these dialogues give him voice.
    And: Don't tell me about any grammatical errors, if it's there, it's there for a reason. But any other critical remarks are welcomed and encouraged.
    Disclaimer: All characters property of the man upstairs, on the ranch, Sir Lucas.

"Gather 'round my Jedi brothers and sisters!" Revan shouted in a dark, raspy voice from atop a staircase. "We must make good on our oaths. We must venture outward to the rim, and perform our duties as Jedi, regardless of a council who has become too deluded in its own politics." Some Jedi were stopping to listen, while other hurried by, taking intermittent glances at the small spectacle.

"Cathar has fallen. It has been destroyed. Its memory ruined. Its people... destitute, homeless, and hopeless. They are refugees now, driven from the destruction of their homeworld."

The small crowd was silent now, the faces familiar to Revan. Most were padawans, some younglings, and a handful of knights, including his friend Malak who listened intently.

"And I? I am a Jedi. And what do I do? I stand here, speaking of the ills of this galaxy, when I have the power to act... after today, I will speak no longer. I leave today to join those forces in the outer rim. For who are we but COWARDS if we fail in our duties?"

The crowd was gathering now, cloaked figures blending together, flecks of color in faces. As Revan spoke, a single knight emerged from the front of the crowd and stood several steps between he and the onlookers.
    "Revan! Who are you to defy the council! They have forbidden any action in the outer rim! Do you think yourself wiser than our masters!? They warn of an enemy that has not yet revealed itself!"

The crowd of Jedi was now separating, some Jedi standing on Revan's side, while most others stood at the foot of the staircase. Shouts and jeers were flung in either direction.

"I will not give into complacency, son of Waller," Revan growled. "If there is such a threat, then we must meet it BEFORE it can reveal itself." Revan was bearing his teeth almost like a canine.

"Yes, Revan the righteous, ladies and gentlemen!" Some laughed. "I think you can kiss your Jedi duties goodbye if the council expells you for insubordination!" This knight was proud of himself.

"Stop this!" the voice of Vrook Lamar burst out over the gathering. "Enough! All of you are to return to your dormitories at once! I have never seen such outbursts in all my life as a Jedi! I am ashamed!" The crowd of Jedi were again silent as they marched off. "And you!" said Vrook, grabbing Revan by the arm, "You're going before the council right this instant."

Malak ran to Revan's side "where are you taking him Master Lamar?"

"That's none of your concern," came the reply. "Return to your dormitory, we'll deal with the rest of you shortly."

"I'm with Revan, sir." Malak's loyalty was already becoming apparent.

"No, you are not. Return to your dormitory immediately and we will deal with you shortly." Vrook's visible calm belied the frustration that Revan could sense. Revan gave a nod to Malak, who then bowed and returned to his quarters.

Vrook walked hurriedly to the council chambers, with Revan in tow. "What did you think you were doing back there!? Jedi do not have rallies, young man!" His gait was frustrated, the sides of his robe sifting past each other as he strode.

2. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Another good one. You make Revan a very charismatic person. I can easily see how he convinced so many Jedi to follow him.

I especially liked when Revan gave his modified Jedi code.

"You live by your words, Atris. I will live by my deeds."

Another great line.

"Into hell my brother?" Malak would say. "We will be there soon," was Revan's reply.

They got that right.

~lordmaul13

3. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    This is the first time i've ever read a fanfic that made me feel and hear the drama in the story. Again, your ability to progress the plot through powerful dialogue makes you one of the most original storytellers on this board.

You should write an original screenplay some day.

4. Ulic_Starwalker

Ulic_Starwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2006
    I like this sequel very much. The dialogues is amazing. Beautiful work indeed. =D=

5. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    New dialogue! [face_dancing] Great stuff, I really enjoy reading your work. =D= :)

6. MandoJedi

MandoJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2007
    Fascinating new dialogue, even better than the first one. :) The feeling of tension and drama in the story is great.

7. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great post, keep me updated.

8. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Interesting take on pre-war Revan. I do like the title- it's very appropriate to the narrative and style.

A thought, though- since your Dialogeus are all intended to be one cohesive series, perhaps they should be posted in one thread? It would certainly make finding them easier for those of us coming in later in the story. Also, you should visit the KOTOR Index, to see about adding your work to the list of other awesome KOTOR work on these boards.

I am a big fan of philosophical dialogues. Sadly, they don't seem to get much attention on the boards. But this doesn't mean they should not be written- keep it up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.