main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Dialogues of Revan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anderson84, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anderson84

Anderson84 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2007
    Title: Dialogues of Revan -- Entry 231
    Author: Anderson84
    Timeframe: Mandalorian Wars, 11 months after Revan's entrance
    Genre: Dialogue
    Characters: Revan, Malak
    Keywords: Revan, Malak, Mandalorian Wars
    Summary: In the first year of battle, the renegade Jedi discuss their thoughts about the war.
    Notes: These are all dialogue entries as if from a scribe. All will involve Revan in conversation or public speech on his philosophies of war, life, the force, and various other things.
    And: Don't tell me about any grammatical errors, if it's there, it's there for a reason.
    Disclaimer: All characters property of George Lucas.

Revan stands cloaked, hood draped behind his shoulders, overseeing the maintenance of the hull through the bridge viewport. It has been eleven months at war now, his popularity among the common soldiers overwhelming, but his influence with the higher ranking republic generals and sector leaders still only blossoming due to malcontent with the Jedi. Malak stood as a statue to his right, staring blankly, waves of frustration emanating from him despite his stoic demeanor. Revan knew well the disconcertion Malak felt about the Republic's methods, their constant attempts at what they would call "diplomacy." War is diplomacy. The military is a diplomatic tool, just as any economic sanction... these beasts have only their bloodlust, they would not dare demonstrate a weakness by giving in to what we would call diplomacy. For the Mandalorian leaders were not brutal to instill fear within the republic worlds. No, they were brutal because they could not show any leniency towards an enemy, otherwise they would suffer the backlash of their own Mandalorian people. None who ever carried the name Mandalore would ever admit to it: they were all afraid of their own people. But Revan knew. Malak did not try to understand, for he was like them.

"Speak." Revan said, an obvious directive to Malak.

"Why do we not attack them in their territory? Why do we wait here for the next strike when they are ready to pounce like hunters, and we sit here as prey?"

Revan spoke low and clear, "It is the mentality of these people and their leaders. The Coruscantians, the Hapes consortium, the rest of the mid-rim. They have deified themselves, believing all the ills of the galaxy must have been caused by some mistake on their behalf, and that of course only they can apply the proper salve to heal everything." He continued, "It is the disease of narcissism, and we must eradicate it from this military if we intend to win this war. Those who believe they lead these men would prefer to appease the enemy and find out 'why they hate us' or other such nonsense. They believe all peoples must want peace and happiness. They believe in a galaxy that does not exist."

"So why do the mandalorians fight us?" Malak asked matter of factly.
    "Do they fight us?"
    "...Your rhetoric always escapes me."
    "Malak, my friend, I fear you may slip into that same mentality that metastasizes like a cancer in this military," Revan said as he turned towards the intraship transport hub. "Why do you think they fight?"

"I believe they hate the republic for its laws protecting the weak, for its decadence, and its affront to their gods. They believe their lives are of devotion, minimalism, and struggle. They cannot understand our blessings of freedom and the power of individualism."

"Very well-put, my brother, something any common sentient of freedom would understand. But I must tell you your error," Revan spoke evenly as Malak followed him through crowds of on-duty shipboard staff who eyed the pair with equal fear and respect, some offering gestures, unsure of a salute.
    The transport headed starboard aft, to a cargo hold full of munitions that Revan used often as quarters.

Revan faced Malak, his voice almost a whisper, "You and I must separate ourselves from those things which make us the

2. Anderson84

Jul 15, 2007
    Title: Dialogues of Revan -- Entry 128
    Author: Anderson84
    Timeframe: Mandalorian Wars, 3 months after Revan's entrance
    Genre: Dialogue, poem.
    Characters: Revan, various OC's.
    Keywords: Revan, Mandalorian Wars, Alderaan, Aldera.
    Summary: A soldier of the Mandalorian Wars is being scapegoated for his role in eliminating a Mandalorian settlement. Revan makes his first appearance on the galactic stage.
    Notes: These are all dialogue entries as if from a scribe. All will involve Revan in conversation or public speech on his philosophies of war, life, the force, and various other things.
    And: Don't tell me about any grammatical errors, if it's there, it's insubstantial.
    Disclaimer: All characters property of George Lucas, except the one's that aren't.

The war is distant in the minds of the free. Further than even the stars which oversee the bloodshed. Most of the populace on the homefront want an end to hostilities with the Mandalorians and a complete withdrawal of forces from outer-rim territories. It is all a mistake. The Republic military is begging for more funding, more ships, more weapons, but is encountered with resistance at every turn. They needed a leader. They found one in Revan.

The following dialogue takes place at the Aldera Court of Justice, Alderaan. 3 Months, 7 days after Revan's entrance into the war.

The Republic vs. Staff Sergeant Gedditaeun "Geddy" Meldono of Corellia

Charges:
    1 count destruction of endangered habitat. Ameboetic Sea on Class 4 planet AE5492, common name "Erudasha."

236 counts, slaughter of sentient species. 236 confirmed deaths in explosion, type: fission.

Plea: Not Guilty, Defendant claims victims were military combatants.

Judicial Board members: Benaail T.F. Ulmorna (Alderaan), Hittassk Erdal'lya (Bothawui), Thelmfnapmas Ickmal (Mon Calamari), TMP Bessadia (Coruscant).

Prosecutor: Arbiter for Peace and Social Justice, Amayan Emaio Istalraknio Bendal

Amayan: If you would please tell the court exactly what happened during the incident in question.

Geddy: Well, we had a hard drop onto the planet about 0900 hours standard. It was a small operation, only a platoon of us were directed to scour the surface for any signs of subterranean development by the handies-

Bessadia: Excuse me, please don't use any of your derogatory terms for other species here, this is a courtroom, not a mess hall.

Geddy: uh, yes sir. So the Mandalorians, um... we were lookin' to see if they had any developments under the surface of the planet. My drop was on the North east part of a block 2 continent in the southern hemisphere. I made the drop, scanned about 18,000 square klicks until I got to the Ameboid Sea.

Amayan: Which you knew was a protected environmental site, Correct?

Geddy: Yes sir, I was privvy to information that some research had been done on the surface many years ago, but no republic presence was in place at the time.

Amayan: But still a protected environment. Go on.

Geddy: Not protected by us. Upon arriving my snoopers picked up recent heat signatures beneath the ocean itself, which I determined could not have been from geothermal activity due to the thickness of the crustal shelf at that point. I got the word to go investigate so I took my scout over the site when I was hit by a sonic blast. I knew the mandalorians used sonic weapons in defense of their weapons caches, so I knew I found somethin'. My repulsorlift was damaged and I was losing altitude. I knew that if I took another hit I was cooked, so I immediately swung around and launched two fiss bombs down through the surface and into the subterranean region. The bombs went off and took out the whole site, then I was retrieved back to the Dante.

Amayan: Staff Sergeant, are you aware that the dead bodies of over 200 innocent Mandalorians, including women and children, were found in the ruins beneath the now destroyed Ameboid Sea? Not only did you massacre hundreds of NON-COMBATANTS, but

3. Anderson84

Jul 15, 2007
  4. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Interesting look at Revan's beliefs. It's rare to find something with such depth in Star Wars. It kind of reminds me of some of Frank Herbert's stuff from Dune.

I especially liked this line:

"I am Revan," the figure said to the room, "your criminals are heroes and your heroes are criminals.

~lordmaul13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.