main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Diary of Siri Tachi. Written for "Dear Diary 2009" challenge. Updated 3/16/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrystalSaber_1, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    PM List:
    VaderLVR64
    KELIA
    EGKenobi
    Jarren_Lee-Saber
    Darthrevan4ever
    star_writer24
    all_othr_nams_tkn

Title: The Diary of Siri Tachi
    Author: CrystalSaber_1
    Genre: Diary. It will become slightly AU-ish. Actually, make that extreamly. It will cover a lot of genres, it will be very dark at some points, joyful at others.
    Characters: Siri, Adi, Obi-wan, Bant, Garen, OCs
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Notes: Written for the "Dear Diary 2009" challenge.

The Diary of Siri Tachi

Month 1
    Entry 1

I always have liked beginnings. They are so new and fresh and full of promise, like there is so much waiting to happen, so much to be discovered. It's one of the reasons why I like havng my birthday on the first day of the year.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I haven't even explained who I am, and I'm already gushing about other things....then again, I've never had much patience with protocol (Adi could tell you all about that, but that's another story entirely).

My name is Siri Tachi. I am in training to become a Jedi knight, and today is my fifteenth birthday. The book I am writing in right now is a birthday gift from my master, Adi Gallia. She presented it to me this morning. I hadn't really known what it was when she handed it to me, honestly. This was due to the fact that Adi had allowed me to stay up until midnight to ring in the new year, and I had lost about five hours of sleep, meaning that I wasn't exactly alert when she gave her gift.

Adi had handed me a small, rectangular object covered with dark blue cloth
    "Whastha?" I had slurred in a "can't-you-tell-that-I-just-woke-up-like-ten-kriffin-seconds-ago?" kind of voice.
    Adi had given me a long suffering sigh. "It's a journal Siri".
    "Oh" I had said, waking up enough to realize what I held in my hand was indeed a small, tightly bound book.
    "I got it for you as a birthday present," she had continued, her eyes serene, "Because I thought it would be good for you to have a place to organize your thoughts." A small smile had quirked across her lips when she took in my zonked expression.
    "Wow, thanks Adi" I had answered, flipping through the smooth, blank, cream colored pages. Books are very rare, a form of ancient technology, as everyone nowadays just uses datapads to read and write. I hope that she hadn't paid a lot of credits for it. I had thanked her and promised to use it, which brings me to where I am right now, under my bed covers, writing when I should be sleeping.

This really is a pretty little book. I love the color of the cover. Usually I have very little interest in things that are pretty, (Adi could tell you all about that too) but there's something about this journal that I am drawn to.
    Anyways, with that said, I will now catch up on some well needed rest. Goodnight.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

"Whastha?" I had slurred in a "can't-you-tell-that-I-just-woke-up-like-ten-kriffin-seconds-ago?" kind of voice.

Kind of like me - every morning! [face_shhh]

Very nice start.

3. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    This is neat, Crystal! I love how you made the date of the diary entry coincide with today's date. That was a very nice touch. The part about her not usually caring for pretty things sounds so much like Siri, too.

I'm looking forward to reading more!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Nice beginning!

5. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    tis good. Keep it up!

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice beginning

[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Been there!

If you have a PM list for this, please add me

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! Please put me on your PM list!

=D=

8. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    PM List:
    VaderLVR64
    KELIA

Month 1
    Entry 2

Zineta Fasushi is the absolute bane of my existence.

I suppose I'd better explain. Zineta is another padawan here at the Jedi Temple. She's the same age as me, fifteen, and she hates me (believe me, the feeling is mutual). I don't know why she hates me. She's just one of those people who just aren't happy unless they're making someone elses life a living hell, I guess. Like today, at lunch. I was sitting down at my usual table, with Obi-wan, Garen, Kylee, Bant, Carmen and Reeft, just minding my own business, when she decided to come santering over and bother me. She had her two friends with her, Pineyl and Convenma ('Sushi's Sidekicks" as me, Kylee and Bant call them).

"Hello Siri" she had simpered in an "oh-I-am-just-the-sweetest-thing" kind of voice.
    "Get the kriff away from me" I snapped back.
    "Oh Siri, you are just so scary with your big words" she had snorted, her voice dripping sarcasm.
    "Why don't you go and bother someone else? Like a hungry animal?" I retorted.
    She had ingrored me and reached over to tug on a lock of my yellow hair.
    "Get your hands off of-"
    Zineta cut me off "Hey Tachi, do you know how to drown a blonde?" she had then paused dramatically, as if I gave a shavit about what she was going to say. "Glue a mirror to the bottem of a pool."
    She had smiled and flipped her long black hair over her shoulder while 'Sushi's Sidekicks had laughed themselves sick.
    I had felt my hands clench into fists while Bant had tried to calm me by placing her hand on my tense shoulder. "Hilarious, Fasushi. Did you think of that yourself? Really, a joke as unintelligent as that could only come from you. There's no one else in the galaxy with such a low mental capacity that they'ed tell a joke that lame."

I guess what had happened next was my own fault, but I hadn't been able to resist. While my friends had laughed at my comeback, Zineta had gotten a nasty looking grimace on her face, one I would only expect to see on an angry dog- a female dog, that is. "You know," she said when the had laughter died down, "Who needs to glue a mirror to the bottem of a pool when you can drown a blonde like this?" Then she had reached over and shoved my face into Obi-wan's soup.

Perhaps you are now have vaguely aware why I hate that girl. Why can't she just mind her own business? Or bother someone else who actually deserves to be bothered by her. Actually, forget that. There's no one in the world bad enough to be tortured daily by the likes of her. Of course, apparently I am the exception. What did I ever do to her?

On a happier note, Kylee got me a birthday present. Kylee has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. We met when we were just babies, still a part of a creche, and we've been friends from then on.

Sometimes I think that Kylee would be a fashion designer/fashion model/fashion magazine editor if she weren't a Jedi. If you were to look up the word "girly" in the info holo, there should be a big picture of Kylee there-coffee with cream complection, shoulder length black hair flipped up at the ends, big toothy grin. She loves anything about clothes, makeup, hair, clothes, jewlery, and did I mention clothes? The fact that Jedi traditionally don't wear jewlery, makeup, or clothes outside of our beige tunics and robes just about kills her. It also kills her that I really don't care about any of that stuff. Still, that doesn't stop her from trying to "unleash my inner girlyness" (her words, not mine). Thankfully this time the gift she got me is more appropriate to my tastes. It's a pen, dark blue with gold stars, to match my journal (apparently Adi had told her what she was getting me).

Well I must go now. Me and Adi are going to do some lightsaber training before dinner.

9. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    lol I've known girls that bad. I surprised a fight didn't break out.

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    It also kills her that I really don't care about any of that stuff. Still, that doesn't stop her from trying to "unleash my inner girlyness" (her words, not mine). Thankfully this time the gift she got me is more appropriate to my tastes. It's a pen, dark blue with gold stars, to match my journal (apparently Adi had told her what she was getting me).

[face_laugh] =D=

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update, loved Siri and she sure has some nasty opponents

12. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Zineta sounds like a couple girls I knew in high school - petty and jealous.

Too bad she tried to cause trouble for Siri :mad: :mad:

At least Siri has true friends.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    I've known a couple girls like Zineta. Man, are they annoying!

But I think Siri can take her down.:D

Loved the update, Crystal! Looking forward to more.

14. MeleanaKenobi

MeleanaKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    "Hey Tachi, do you know how to drown a blonde?" she had then paused dramatically, as if I gave a shavit about what she was going to say. "Glue a mirror to the bottem of a pool."

You could drown a lot of people that way! [face_laugh] I'm tempted to glue a mirror to the pool in my apartment complex now just to see what happens.

15. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Month 1
    Entry 3

It has been a long day. I am exhausted.
    Classes started up again today. We students had been granted a week off from lessons because of the new year. The break had been nice, but unfortunatly nothing lasts forever. So anyways, I had all of my normal lessons- Politics (ick), Planetary History, Mathematics, and Lightsaber Training, to name a few. Afterwards, me, Adi, Obi-wan, and his master, Qui-gon sparred together.

Obi-wan is seventeen-two years older than me. He's tall, with big feet (haha) and reddish brown hair (although he insists it's strictly brown. Whatever). He's quiet and smart, with a dry sense of humor.

When I was twelve and I first met him, we weren't what you'ed call the best of friends. I had been mad at him because he'd briefly left the Jedi Order to join a group of kids on the planet Melida-Daan who were trying to prevent war there. He eventually realized that he had made a mistake and he came back to the Jedi, but I still had been mad at him because I'd thought he'd betrayed the Jedi. He wasn't exactly my biggest fan either, because he thought I was "good friends" with his late rival, Bruck Chun. And anyways, I hadn't been exactly nice to him either.

Thankfully we grew up and more or less sorted out our differences. Today we're close enough for me to consider him as one of my best friends.

Of course, just because we're close doesn't mean we get along without a flaw. The thing about Obi-wan that annoys the hell out of me is the fact that he is so right all the time. Like he's a perfect padawan who never makes any mistakes. That and the fact he practically passes out every time I curse in front of him (haha).
    The thing about me that annoys him is my unpredictability. He hates unpredictability.

We walked down to the training arena together.
    "I'm sorry about what happened with Zineta the other day" he said as we walked.
    I shrugged. "Just another day in my wacky teenage life."
    He grinned.

I beat him three out of the five times we sparred. My fighting style is more unorthodox, while his is the exact opposite. But he's quicker then I am, so we were evenly matched. Whenever he beat me he got that smug little smirk on his face that I always want to smack off his face.
    Or kiss off.
    Not that our relationship's like that or anything. I just mean...well, I don't know what I mean.
    So. Um. Yeah.

16. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    [face_laugh]

Poor Siri. That last part was priceless!

I love how even though Obi-wan is her friend, she still thinks he's annoying and still likes to annoy him. What are friends for, right?:p

Great job as always, Crystal. I'm looking forward to more!

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I beat him three out of the five times we sparred. My fighting style is more unorthodox, while his is the exact opposite. But he's quicker then I am, so we were evenly matched. Whenever he beat me he got that smug little smirk on his face that I always want to smack off his face.
    Or kiss off.
    Not that our relationship's like that or anything. I just mean...well, I don't know what I mean.
    So. Um. Yeah.

Lovely! =D=

18. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Thank you all for your wonderful comments! :D

19. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Month 1
    Entry 4

I went to band practice today.
    Now, the Jedi Order doesn't have a band class like a normal school might. Our "band" is actually a group of seven girls (including me) who get together several times a month. We all either sing or play an instrument. We write all of our music. We don't perform, we don't get "gigs", and we have no intention to make it big. It's just a fun way to spend our free time.

We practice in an abandoned classroom, far away enough from classrooms still in use so we won't disturb anyone while we play.
    On the holo board the streaches across the front of the room where the teacher would stand to direct a lecture, Carmen has written the words "The House of RIOT" in large, jagged black letters, as the name of our band is RIOT. Underneath those words it says the members of the band, which are as follows:

Siri Tachi: Lead vocals, guitar
    Cornelia Blun-Dant: Guitar, vocals
    Carmen Caligaris: Guitar
    Shaylean Jai Tittani: Guitar
    Shaak Ti: Bass
    Aayla Secura: Keyboard
    Jinger Lavamour: Drums

Yes, I am the lead singer. This does not mean I am good at singing. It just means I'm the one the band voted to be front woman. I'm a much better guitarist. I've been playing guitar since I was ten, and my guitar is bright red. Music is one of my favorite things-it's just something I relate to, I guess.

Aayla, Cornelia, and Shaylean Jai where already there when I arrived.
    "Hey Siri" Aayla greeted me, her blue lekku twitching.
    "Hello" Cornelia and Shaylean Jai said in unison. They both have blonde hair, though Cornelia's is so long it skims her waist, while Shaylean Jai's is cropped short and gelled into spikes.
    I said hello to them. Carmen, Shaak Ti, and Jinger arrived soon after I did. We set up quickly and then launched into our first song, "So What?"

It's about time you showed up at my doorstep,
    Begging for forgivness, you're such a mess.
    You have a slick looking smile on your face, yeah,
    You say you've been under a lot of stress.
    You hand me a bunch of flowers, turn on your charismatic powers, and say you've been missing me.
    I think it's sweet and all, and for a second I almost fall...
    And then I recall.
    How you hurt, how you cheat
    How you lied, what a sneak,
    I don't want to relive a life like that,
    waste another day,
    And that's why I say,
    To your sarcastic little face,
    So what?
    So what!

We continued through about ten of our songs, voices and instruments harmonizing in song. As different as all of us are, one thing that we all share is a love of music. We played with our hearts and souls, even though only we would hear our song.
    We ended with "It's About Time".

I've put up with this for far too long,
    Ages ago I should've been gone,
    I was so stupid to waste precious time,
    I'm leaving tonight...
    Don't you dare whine or put up a fight,
    'Cause I've made up my mind...
    And it's about time.

It was about then Adi contacted me on my comlink.
    "Siri, where in the galaxy are you?" my master snapped, her annoyance clear even through the small device in my hand.
    "At band practice, of course."
    "Do you have any idea of what time it is?"
    I glanced at the chrono on the wall and winced. I should have gone back to me and Adi's quarters an hour ago.
    "Sorry. I'll start heading back right now."
    "Hurry back" Adi clipped. I had a feeling I was going to get an earful when I got back.

Shaak Ti chuckled. "You'ed better go. I have to say, I don't envy you right now."
    "We should all be going" Jinger said, sweeping her pink streaked black hair out of her violet colored eyes.

We had packed up as quickly as we had set up. Carmen walked back to my quarters with me.
    "Your master's pretty uptight, huh?" she commented on the way.
    I shrugged in reply. It was true, Adi was a bit more stern then some of the other masters at the temple. I often wish that she would cut me some slack. After all, I'm getting older, and I am more than capable of

20. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    If I was Siri, I'd be dying that Fasushi girl's hair blonde. :p

Awesome diary so far! I look forward to more!

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    =D= Superb update! :D

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    It's nice to see the Jedi are allowed to have some fun.

And I can completely understand getting lost in the music and forgetting the time. I'm just glad Master Adi wasn't too upset about it.

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Oops. Looks like Siri got an earful. I can understand about losing track of time though, especially while playing music.

And who says there are no guitars in Star Wars? If I somehow ended up in the Star Wars universe, I'd still play mine.:p

Keep up the good work!

24. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this!

Unfortunatly, I will not be able to update quite as often as I have been, because I've already written all of my entries for January, and I only have 5-6 entries left for this month :p [face_laugh] Also because I've started my other diary, Forbidden Love.
    I'm glad I've got this whole diary planned out though...poor Siri is going to have one heck of a year!

25. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008

Month 1
    Entry 5

There was some disturbing news on the holo vid tonight. Me and Adi were watching the news when this story came up:

"Central Courasant crime-stoppers have been searching for a serial rapist for one 90 days now. In just three months, twenty-four rape/murders have occured in the central Courasantian area, several of them within blocks of each other. Investigators believe that the killings are related because of the close locations, and the fact that the killer-rapist seems to target teenage girls."

They then began to scroll through a slideshow of the victims. They were all girls my age. Girls who had lives and families and dreams. Girls like me. Girls who had been murdered.

The news cast continued, switching from the pictures of the girls to an image of a man who looked like he was in his early twenties. He had black, oily, unkept hair, and a thin, pale face. This was unsavory enough, but the thing that really got to me was his eyes. They were like black ice, hard and cold, unfeeling and dark. Like he had seen and done so much that he had lost all human emotion.

"This is Enlyn Coore. He has recently escaped from prison, where he was being held on eight charges of rape and murder. Crime stoppers suspect that he is the one behind the recent killing. He is highly dangerous and unpredictable. It is advised that to all not to go out alone, and to stay away from he city at night."

The picture on the screen changed again, this time to an image of a smiling girl with wavy red hair.

"The latest victim of these crimes was Ridena Dec Luuns, who dissapeared one week ago. Her body was found in a garbage disposal three days later-"

It was at this point I ran into the 'fresher and began retching.

When I'd finished, I staggered out unsteadily and sat back into my chair, staring blankly straight ahead. Adi reached over and patted my hand.

"How could anyone do that?" I managed to choke out. "How could anyone be so thoughtless, so cold...?"

Adi sighed. Her eyes were sad. As composed Adi always is, one should onl need to look into her eyes to see what her emotions are. They betray her true feelings.

"I don't know Siri. Quite frankly, I don't ever to want to be able to understand what goes one in those people's heads-why anyone would want to kill another for their own pleasure." She shuddered, a grimace on her face.

"Are the Jedi doing anything to help?" I questioned.

Adi nodded. "The council has dispatched several Jedi Knights to aid in the search for Coore."

"He must be pretty elusive then, escaping from prison and then evading both the Courasant Security Officials and the Jedi for so long."

Adi nodded again. "Which makes him even more dangerous. I don't want you to go into the city by yourself Siri until he is caught."

"I promise."

Which brings me to where I am right now, pondering what's happened. Twenty-four girls. Gone.

The scary thing is, I could be among them. I'm a teenage girl with hopes and friends and a love of life just like they had.

I am one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.