main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Diary of Siri Tachi. Written for "Dear Diary 2009" challenge. Updated 3/16/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrystalSaber_1, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. all_othr_nams_tkn

all_othr_nams_tkn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2007
    could u add me to the pm list please?

2. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    PM List:
    VaderLVR64
    KELIA
    EGKenobi
    Jarren_Lee-Saber
    Darthrevan4ever
    star_writer24
    all_othr_nams_tkn

Month 1
    Entry 11

Obi-wan came to visit again today. He brought a deck of cards with him and we played a few rounds while we talked.

"It's snowing out." Obi-wan announced casually as he delt the cards.

My eyebrows shot up. Snow is very rare on Courascant. The last time it snowed here, I believe it was some sixty years before my birth date. I have seen snow before, while on missions with Adi, but I've never had a chance to really look at it, enjoy it.

"What's it like?" I asked him.

He glanced at me in surprise. "Haven't you seen snow before?"

"Well yes. But I've never had time to enjoy it. Also, I've never seen snow actually falling before, only snow thats been lying around for days."

Obi-wan got a strange look on his face. Then he grinned.

"What?"

"It'd be a shame for you to miss it."

"Well yeah..."

"Tell me," Obi-wan asked, an odd gleam in his eye, "In the past few days that you've been here, has anyone come to check on you?"

"No..."

"When is your next meal scheduled to come?"

"Um, about three hours from now, but I don't see-"

Obi-wan interrupted me. "Siri Tachi, I believe you are about to witness your first snowfall."

"What do you-"

"Shh." He pressed a finger to my lips to quiet me. He took my hand and and led me out the door of the chamber.

We hurried down the corridor, our feet silent against the polished tile. We turned onto a main hallway. Suddenly, Obi-wan grabbed my forearm and dragged me back around the corner.

"What is it?" I hissed.

"Someone's coming." He whispered urgently. "Quick-in here."

"Here" was a cramped, dirty storage closet. It didn't look too comfortable, but considering the alternative, I dove in like it was the last existing paradise in the galaxy. Obi-wan followed close behind.

"Ouch! Watch where you step, bantha!"

"You probably just stepped on yourself!"

"Shh, I can hear them coming."

Geez, the closet was insanely small. It was a small battle just to find a place to sit down.

"Siri?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind moving over? You're kind of sitting in my lap."

"Oh, sorry!" I sat up a bit too quickly, and smashed my head against something hard.

"Damn!" I exclaimed

"Shh!"

I shut up quickly, rubbing my sore head. The voices were indeed coming closer. Gradually sentance fragments became distinguishable.

"...been in the meditation chamber for several days now."

"...have a feeling she wouldn't be enjoying it?"

"...probably killling her being shut up, she's so active, but she must learn somehow. I swear she'll be the death of me one of these days. Where is your apprentice, Qui-gon?"

"He's at one of his daily classes right now, Master Gallia."

"Of all the rotten luck..." I heard Obi-wan mutter from beside me.

Really, of all of the thousands of Jedi in the Order, the ones who were strolling by our hiding place just had to be our Masters.

Oh Force...Adi thought that I'd been cooped up in a room for the past few days, staring blankly at a wall. If she only knew what I had really been up to lately...I swiftly clapped a hand over my mouth to smother a giggle.

The Masters continued on by our hiding spot, oblivious to the fact that their apprentices were jammed in a closet not five feet away from them.

Their voices faded until the only sound was of me and Obi-wan's breathing. We waited a few moments before exiting to make sure that they were truely gone. Then we carefully and quietly opened the door a crack and peeked out.

"I think they're gone" I whispered.

Obi-wan opened the door partway, then completely. We stepped out into the hallway.

"Now that," breathed Obi-wan, running a hand through his hair, "was a close call."

"You can say that again."

"Now that was a close call."

I shot him a look. "You know, I didn't mean that literally."

He smirked. "Precisely."

We turned and hurried down the hallway in the opposite direction of our Master

3. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Aww, how sweet!

"I only let you win to get your meager amount of confidence up."

"Oh, of course you did" Obi-wan snorted, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "That's why you fell flat on your face into a snowbank."

[face_laugh] That was too funny! I love how you write Siri and Obi-Wan together. This was just perfect, especially after a long day!:)

Great update, Crystal. Congratulations on finding a Master, too!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Geez, the closet was insanely small. It was a small battle just to find a place to sit down.

"Siri?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind moving over? You're kind of sitting in my lap."

"Oh, sorry!" I sat up a bit too quickly, and smashed my head against something hard.

"Damn!" I exclaimed

"Shh!"

I shut up quickly, rubbing my sore head. The voices were indeed coming closer. Gradually sentance fragments became distinguishable.

"...been in the meditation chamber for several days now."

"...have a feeling she wouldn't be enjoying it?"

"...probably killling her being shut up, she's so active, but she must learn somehow. I swear she'll be the death of me one of these days. Where is your apprentice, Qui-gon?"

"He's at one of his daily classes right now, Master Gallia."

"Of all the rotten luck..." I heard Obi-wan mutter from beside me.

[face_laugh] =D= Loved it! :D

5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    =D==D==D==D=
    Wonderful update. Can you imaging the looks on Adi & Qui-Gon's faces if they had caught Siri sitting on Obi-Wan's lap in the closet???[face_laugh]

Here's a question? How did the meal person NOT NOTICE Siri covered in snow?

6. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
  7. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow, that was a close call. Why do I get the feeling that Adi will know about their little excursion...

Ok, those 10 reasons why Siri likes Obi-Wan, I'd have to say, those are the top 10 reasons why I WISH I'd been kidnapped by him. :p

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was lovely

It's so nice to see Siri able to enjoy herself...even if she's liable to get into more trouble.

Obi is truly a good friend.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I say if Siri hadn't already fallen for Obi-Wan, that little snow escapade would have made her. How sweet and innocent - even the close quarters in the closet.

Loved it.

10. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Jaidyn_Knightfall: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! Congratulations on finding a master!

VaderLVR64: Thank you so much!

Jarren_Lee-Saber: Here's a question? How did the meal person NOT NOTICE Siri covered in snow? Hopefully she was smart enough to dust herself off before coming back :p. Thanks for reading!

Darthrevan4ever: Thank you very much!

Lolly_Tolly: Ok, those 10 reasons why Siri likes Obi-Wan, I'd have to say, those are the top 10 reasons why I WISH I'd been kidnapped by him. Um, what can I say, other than, I agree? =P~ :p. Thanks for reading!

KELIA: Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying.

Valairy_Scot: Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

11. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Month 1
    Entry 12

Me and Adi's Padawan/Master relationship, as well as our friendship, has been rather strained lately. This is mostly due to the fact of how much trouble I've gotten into lately. Also, she's under a lot of stress with the Enlyn Coore problem.

Apparently there were two more killings yesterday.

These murders...it infuriates me like nothing else. The fact that someone would knowingly and willingly take a life...I wish there was someway for me to help... but what could I do?

Anyways, me and Adi's patience with each other has been pushed to its limits, like I said before.

I know this might come out sounding kind of lame, but in a lot of ways, Adi's the mother I never had a more. Shes taught me everything I know about life, how to defend myself, and how to protect others. She's made me the person I am today. I trust her completely, and I hate it when things are difficult between us.

I've decided that for my New Years resolution, I will not get into anymore trouble this year. I will not take any crazy risks, and I will not do anything silly, outrageous, or out of the ordinary.

Now if only I can keep this resolution...

...And so concludes Month 1. I had fun writing these posts, but unfortunately next months entries won't be quite as cheery. Most of them are pretty dark and depressing, actually, so don't say I didn't warn you...[face_worried]

12. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    These murders...it infuriates me like nothing else. The fact that someone would knowingly and willingly take a life...I wish there was some way for me to help... but what could I do?

I feel the same way about all that goes on in our wonderful world. I can imagine a Jedi would feel even more strongly about meaningless violence. Like I said before, I hope Siri finds a way to help.

I've decided that for my New Years resolution, I will not get into anymore trouble this year.

Um, Siri, it's a nice thought, but isn't it a little late to be making New Years Resolutions?:p

And consider me warned, but I'm still coming back. I wouldn't want to miss any of this, depressing or not!

13. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    a little darkness is okay as long as it has a some good parts

14. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Yay! I'm looking forward to Month 2! I love that her resolution is to not get into trouble. This is Siri, afterall. :p

Can't wait for more!

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Excellent! =D=

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I've decided that for my New Years resolution, I will not get into anymore trouble this year.

Good luck with that one!

I hope these murders will be solved soon...

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Month 2
    Entry 13

Well, so much for my resolution.

Adi is going to slay me. Why am so stupid?

See...I've pierced my nose.

Later

I'm hiding in the refresher in me and Adi's apartment right now. She hasn't seen the newest edition to my nose. Yet.

So...here's what happened. Kylee and I went down to the city today because her master gave her permission to get her ears pierced. Adi agreed that I could accompany her-but ONLY if we stayed together and ONLY if we brought our lightsabers with us and ONLY if we brought our comlinks and ONLY if we stayed out in broad daylight, near other people and ONLY if we went to a respectable,clean place to get her ears pierced and ONLY if we went somewhere within 10 kilos of the temple.

In case you haven't guessed, Coore is still on the loose. This bothered me for a while, but I soon forgot about my worries once we reached the city. Kylee was beyond ecstatic about piercing her ears, she's wanted them done since she was eleven. We were having a good time, making fun of each other and laughing when Kylee suggested I get my nose pierced. She had been kidding, naturally. But I had been in such a reckless, carefree mood that I'd actually done it. It didn't hurt really, just a little pinch. And now I have a small crystal stone in the right side of my nose.

I am so dead. I've been such an idiot. Really, Adi trusted me enough to let me go out into the city with my friend when a serial killer was on the loose, and now I've completely violated her trust. Or at least I will, when she finds out.

I have a feeling Adi will notice if I live in the refresher for the rest of my life. I also suspect she'd notice if I kept the left side of my face to her for the next ten years or so.

So here I go. Hopefully this will be taken lightly...

Later

Things were not taken lightly. Far from it. I fact, me and Adi have just had a complete and utter falling out.

She said I was irresponsible. I said she should cut me some slack because I was getting older and I could make my own decisions. This really made her furious. She said I had no idea what real decisions were and that I was being naive. I told her that she was overbearing. Our voices grew increasingly louder with each syllable, our frustration and clashing emotions and stress building. Before long we were flat out screaming at each other.

I'm so angry and frustrated right now I can hardly see, never mind write.

I have to get out of here.

I'm going to take a walk.

18. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Hmmm, I have to say that I agree with Adi on this one, Siri. Abusing her trust in you was not a good idea.[face_shame_on_you]

I have two guesses on who she might run into. One would be very bad, two would be very good...

Great job, Crystal. I can't wait for more!

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I totally agree. Hopefully if it's number one guess, number two guess comes to the rescue.

20. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    A nose piercing, huh? That was a really smart thing to do. ;)

I can definitely understand why Adi flipped out... (Anything but ear piercing is illegal here, now, unless you're over 18. Just an interesting fact I thought I might throw in.) :)

Can't wait for more!

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm not sure taking a walk is such a good idea. [face_worried]

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Now, now, Siri - even you are having doubts about getting your nose pierced, don't be so hard on Adi.

I have to get out of here.

Uh oh!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Please don't hate me for doing this...

Month 2
    Entry 13

I don't know what to say.

I feel like all I know is falling to pieces around me.

I just...

So much has changed in a week. My life has changed.

Something very,very wrong has happened. I don't know what to do with myself...I'm so confused and hurt and angry and depressed.

As terribly difficult this is, I must retell the story.

One week ago...seems like centuries now.

After me and Adi had our fight, I went for a walk. This is easily the biggest mistake of my life.

Stupidly, I went for a walk around Courascant.

In the city.

All alone.

At night.

What happened next is difficult for me to describe. I remember walking, stomping, my feet hitting the ground with resounding slaps. The cold,bitter wind had snatched and tore at my hair, causing it to whip around my face. Although I wasn't walking fast, I was gasping for breath, as though oxygen were a remedy for my fury.

I had been walking for about a kilo before I noticed someone following me.

He was tall with a self assured walk. His greasy hair was matted against his head. His clothes were dark, as was the aura around him.

It wasn't until I saw his eyes though, reflected in a store window, only then did I realize.

Eyes like black ice, cold and unfeeling.

It was him.

Horror replaced my anger. I ran, I ran for my life and more.

But he caught me.

I did everything in my power to escape. I tried to use the Force, but my fear was like a strangle-hold on me, preventing me from accessing it. I bit, kicked, punched and tore. When this failed, I resorted to screaming.

No one came.

He dragged me into an alley. He through me down and shoved something into my mouth so my screams would be muffled.

I don't remember what he did to me. I certainly know what he did to me, but thank Force I do not remember. I closed my eyes and blocked out all knowledge and feeling. I forced myself not to think about what was happening to me.

After what felt like a lifetime, I felt him leave me. I dared to open my eyes and saw Coore sitting a little ways away from me, a knife in his hand.

At that moment, just as fear had replaced my anger a few minutes before, fury replaced my terror. He may have chucked me to the ground like garbage and treated me worse then that, he may have used me, taken away my pride and innocence, but he would not, would not take away my life.

A roar of pure emotion ripped from my lungs. I kicked his hand that held the knife so hard that I felt his bones shatter. He cried out in agony as his weapon skittered to the far side of the alley.

I then gripped his slimy head in my hands and slammed his skull against the wall. I heard a sickening crack, and he collapsed to the ground.

I didn't stick around to see if I'd killed him. I just ran.

My feet barely skimmed the ground. The now-present Force aided me like a set of wings.

Running, running, running.

I don't know how I managed to find Dexter's Diner, in the dark, after just cheating death. But I did, somehow. Perhaps the Force guided me.

I banged on the door of the restaurant with a ferocious intensity. Dex had come hurrying out from the back of the kitchen and flung the door open. Adi says Dex told her that I'd passed out at this point.

When I had woken up, I was lying on a red diner booth. Blankets covered me, and concerned faces hovered above me. What happened afterwards is a bit fuzzy. I remember seeing Adi and Master Yoda and many others. I remember telling them what happened to me. I remember seeing shocked faces...and Adi crying. I remember me crying, almost unconscious to the fact that hot tears were rolling down my face. I remember being taken back to the temple and being put to bed.

All I have done for the past week is sleep and eat and think. I don't know how to act normally anymore. It's like whats happened to me is a barrier between and my normal life. But really though, h

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Poor Siri...that's brutal.

I hope Obi can see her and comfort her - he's great at that, though I suspect Siri will try to avoid him more than anyone.

25. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Wow. You weren't kidding when you said the next month's posts would be intense.:_|

I agree with Valairy_Scot. I know Obi-Wan will be there for Siri as much as possible, but I don't think Siri's going to be too happy with that fact. Hopefully Obi-Wan will be patient with her.

Ugh, I don't want to say good job because that was an "awful" post, but you captured Siri's emotions very well.:( Please don't keep us waiting for long!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.