main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Diary Room

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Katya Jade, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Ah. Thanks for posting the points cb. Now I've really got to get creative!

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hmmmmmmm, I write what I think is rather uninspired and get high points, but right when I come up with something that my friends agree is comedic gold, I get lower points all around? :eek:

[image=http://members.aol.com/swjfs/dogbert.gif]

;)

Jae Angel

3. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    And such pretty colors they are...

4. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yes. They remind me to take my Pepto Bismol.

5. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Now that you mention it, I do like the color of Pepto Bismol. ;)

I did buy some CDs this weekend, which is unheard of for an old fogey like myself.

I picked up Ozma's newest cd, which I was surprised to find in a music store. I also impulsively bought Pete Yorn's new album, mostly for a song entitle 'burrito', and I picked up The Cars anthology, which was worth every penny.

6. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, I guess I'll be the first person to "spill my guts" in the Diary Room.

We're in week 3 of the BB house and while I'm having a good time getting to know my housemates, I'm starting to have the major lonliness from not being able to post outside. It sounds whiney and stupid, but it seems that we've been a bit forgotten about in here. I watch the threads posted by friends and I would love to post in them! I just want to save up enough points to get a "day pass" and get out there again.

//sigh

I know we can't possibly "recapture the magic" of the first BB house, they were an awesome group, but we're trying to make it fun for us and people "watching". I'm just not sure how to make that happen.

End of guts spilling...

7. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    There are lots of people who find all of your tasks very amusing. Don't get disheartened.

Well, that's good to know. I hope that we can provide some sort of "entertainment" here. Hopefully the next few weeks will pick it up. :)

8. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Yes, don't worry Kate. The attention span of the average JCer is like "" that space between those quote marks. There are a few people watching, as I've gotten a few PMs about the lame ass stuff I've posted. I'm actually in here to get to know others better, and actually let someone know me, not to be a tap dancing monkey for the internet. Well, maybe a little bit of a tap dancing monkey.

Also, today's colors have been brought to you by Debbie Gibson's "Electric Youth"

9. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    No tap dancing monkey? :mad: I want out!

Ok, so not really. :) And I've seen the people in the JCC call us "boring", but come on! Look who's talking. ;)

10. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, maybe a little bit of a tap dancing monkey.

Can I be a lambada dancing monkey?

11. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    If there are people into lambada dancing with monkeys, I've got no problem with it.

Wouldn't it be funny to have a Chinese monkey named Who Flung Poo?

12. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Maybe we can make a movie out of that.

The Adventures of Who Flung Poo and LazyMan!

13. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Can we have Debbie Gibson's "Lost in Your Eyes" on the soundtrack? [face_love]

It's like being lost in heaven,
    When I'm lost in your eyes...

14. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, since I'm going to put Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch on it as well, I don't see why not.

15. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah, you feel it baby?
    Well I do to

On the house tip is how I'm swinging this
    strictly hip hop boy I ain't singing this
    Bringing this to the entire nation
    black, white, red, brown
    feel the vibration
    Come on come on
    Feel it feel it
    Feel the vibration

[image=http://i.ivillage.com/womn/photos/mark_before_150.jpg]

I can't imagine why he ever gave up his rap career.

Another rap song from around the same era that is equally "good": C&C Music Factory singing "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm".

16. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I've always been partial to Vanilla Ice.

[image=http://www-vlsi.stanford.edu/~jsolomon/clan9/personnel_images/nilla_real.gif]

Go ninja! Go ninja! Go!

17. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    [image=http://www.topthemes.com/animesncartoons/ninjaturtleslogo.jpg]

18. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Dear Diary:

I think I am developing "sock tan". It pains me to talk about it. It pains me so much, that it sometimes makes me gassy. Then I don't know what to be embarrased about, my white ankles or my foul butt.

19. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    *points and laughs*

Hahahahaha! John has a sock tan! John has a sock tan! [face_laugh]

That's why you wear sandals (with no socks). No tan lines to worry about. :D

Oh, and you DO need do something about your gas. Try some Beano or something.

20. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    [face_laugh]

sock tans, huh ;) *pretends not to have a sock tan from running*
    how embarrassing! :p ;)

21. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I actually go barefoot most of the time, since I'm a tree hugging hippie and all, but when I work in my gardens or mow the yard or jog, I have to wear socks. Apparantly, that's when the sun hits my legs. :(

22. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Sock tan is nothing to be ashamed of. Now farmer's tan is a different story...and, well, farmer' tan with sock tan is really not cool at all.

23. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Dear Diary:

I was listening to an old Thriller tape I bought at a flea market during lunch today, and I realized how much I miss Vincent Price. There is really no one I can think of in the world of entertainment that is quite a creepy. His voice was the voice of a generation of mad scientists. The only person I can think of who has a creepy voice now is Keifer Sutherland. But he seems more prone to action roles. I'd like to see him act more like he did in Flatliners or Dark City.

Hopefully, Keifer will soon realize he needs to be typecast and will start filling the roles of mad scientists for years to come.

24. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I really think that this forum could use something different soon.. Maybe a weird, weird assignment or something that we just don't expect. Maybe it's just me and I'm not used to holidays and such, but it seems like things are calming down in here quite a bit.

*shrug*

~ James

25. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Dear Diary,

I've had mixed feelings about Big Brother from about the second week in, mostly because, like Kate, I really missed posting outside the house. I know my friends are rooting for me, but sometimes I just wish I'd get voted out so my real summer posting can begin, you know? It doesn't seem like summer vacation when I'm locked out of my natural habitat. :p

I do think a nice odd task could make things a little more interesting for us, even if it doesn't attract attention. You all should know that you at least have five or six Lit people looking in here periodically. There must be more from YJCC, because this caters more to their interests.

So, here's hoping that I stay in, or get voted out quick! ;) Seriously, I thought I'd care, but since there's no way I'm going to win this I'll just enjoy what time I have left and pray for the day that I can join back up with my crew. :cool:

By the way. . .GO BIG RUBE! :D

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.