main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Diary Room

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by epic , Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

No daily task today. Sundays are usually quiet, so you can all have a day off.

Thankyou.

-BB

2. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Once again, thank you.

Day off from tasks, let's throw a house party.

//calls Kid and Play

Erik

3. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

A few have raised the issue of the points system, so here's a description of how the points system will operate:

The Points System:

To begin with, BB has given you (as a team) 1000 points.

In future weeks, at the announcement of the WEEKLY TASK, you all must decide what percentage of the amount you have you want to bet. If you bet 50%, you keep half, and risk the other half on whether you think you can complete the WEEKLY TASK or not. If you're successful, BB will double all the points risked. However, if you fail, you lose everything you bet.

How to "cash in" your points:

Once you reach a certain level, you simply make a request for the desired reward in this thread.

Once you reach the level of the first REWARD, others may become available for extra points.

Rewards currently being offered:

-- Change your colours for a day: 3000 points.

The Current House Piggy Bank: 1120

4. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Cool. Points are good for something. Let's get more points gang.

5. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Oh! Colors... [face_mischief]

Thanks Epic. That cleared everything up for me. :)

~*Senoj*~

6. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I wonder how many points it will take for a "Become administrator and ban all current mods" option?

:p

7. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    [homevoice]Mmmmmm...IP bans...[/homervoice] :p

~*Senoj*~

8. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

Change in the Weekly Task #1. (Or: Attempting to come up with 100+ questions about the housemates is insanity.)

Now each housemate will get 3 questions each about eachother. EVERYONE must reply and answer all 3 questions correctly to win the task.

Your current percentage is set at 50%. You can either keep it or alter it, it's up to you.

Also, only 24 hours will be allowed, with the PMs being sent out tomorrow.

And remember, everyone, that nominations are due by today also. Get them in! In regards to Nominations, with issues raised by BabySith, Big Brother reiterates the importance of the Nominations ingredient to the game. It's integral to building group dynamics. Or something. So, there won't be a change in this part of the game.

Finally, BISMARCK's "spotting" outside the house will recieve no formal fining or banishment, as no rules were broken. (Posting as an unidentifiable handle is permitted) However, Big Brother now adds that no sock used by a housemate be allowed to create new threads, only to be able to post in other threads.

A general warning that housemates be careful that their identity not be seen outside this forum, thus adding to the "trapped" ingredient to the game. Further situations where this rule is somehow broken will result in the loss of BONUS points.

And Mods of the JC, don't tell everyone who they are!

-BB

9. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    I like the change. It's easier now. :D

~*Senoj*~

10. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Additionally, at least once per week each Housemate will be expected to make a post and discuss their feelings, attitudes and thoughts about life in the house. This may occur at any time during the week.

Okay, I'm going to have a crack at this because I wanted to get these thoughts down on paper. Well, screen at least.

I wonder if anyone is watching us. I mean, are people talking about us? I haven't seen any evidence that people are (e.g. the Official thread), so that leads me to believe that people have a sort of mental block when it comes to us. Did we just disappear? When we finally get out are people going to be surprised when we say we've only been posting in one forum for weeks?

I'm not trying to gain sympathy here; far from it. But I would love to be on the outside looking in. I wonder if I would find us as entertaining as I do on the inside! I feel like I've gotten to know everyone in here a lot better being locked up like this. So would everyone on the outside benefit from an experiment like this? With all the ludicrously shallow topics around, should everyone make a greater effort to get to really know one another? Or would it take something like this to reach a deeper understanding?

Many questions, very few answers. Oh well, life (in the house) goes on.

11. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Well said. I was thinking the same thing.

It seems many people at the JC want to post, not read. They don't seem very interested in people, just their own little snacks and earrings.

I've heard some people say we were boring, but when you look at our stuff, it's actually far more intimate and interesting than what you normally see -- than the stuff that normally fills the JC. And they do come back to that every day, don't they.

For me personally, this experiment is a bit of a success already; a lot of people I didn't know before or half-knew before, I've gotten to know better. And I've really grown fond of them.

Even my nude pic isn't causing a scandal. :D

12. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    It seems many people at the JC want to post, not read. They don't seem very interested in people, just their own little snacks and earrings.

I've heard some people say we were boring, but when you look at our stuff, it's actually far more intimate and interesting than what you normally see -- than the stuff that normally fills the JC. And they do come back to that every day, don't they.

Yes! This is precisely what I was thinking. It's not about the me, me, me in here. It's about me and you and how we converse and get along.

13. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    People from my FF are reading this forum (sometimes). But that's about it.

14. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    You know, I had pretty much given up on finding intelligent life on the boards anymore just because there's so much spam and all that. I used to have a lot of fun talking with people on here two years ago and before even, but it really lost a lot of it's charm for me. Recently though it was picking up but I didn't know anyone because I had been gone for so long. It was kind of like being a newbie all over again because people wouldn't pay too much attention to me it seemed.

So far, this has been a lot of fun because I've gotten to meet some people I never knew before and some that I didn't know very well. I've been enjoying being able to have conversations with nice people without being bombarded with crap. :)

15. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Exactly. It's much more fun if you attempt to get to know other people, all these different characters all over the world. Sounds a bit corny, but it's really like that.

Most people just post, post, post, as if they're campaigning. But you can post 100,000 posts, people are never going to build a statue for you.

16. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Never a truer word has been spoken, Debo.

17. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    I love you guys!

//tear

18. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Aww crap, and I wanted a statue :p

Anyhoo, I totally agree. That's why I barely go to the Lit forum anymore, very few people who actually pay attention and want to have a conversation.

And I'm not even gonna mention the PSA ... [face_plain]

That's why I miss my wrestling thread :( Same core 5-6 posters on there all the time, who actually DISCUSS things.

It was much funner here when there were only a few hundred people, instead of the 10's of thousands we now have.

19. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    "It was much funner here when there were only a few hundred people, instead of the 10's of thousands we now have."

There's only one thing I regretted about registering at the JC... I didn't register early enough. I wish I could have seen what this place was like 3 or so years ago.

I'm sure there wouldn't have been nearly so much rudeness or arogance... Not that everyone now is that way, but a great deal of the people are. :(

~*Senoj*~

20. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    UBB = teh win!

21. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    One thing pretty much sums up the JC: +1

:p

22. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    The wonderful thing I recall about UBB was you could take the absolute piss out of someone and they'd cop it and give it back just as good.

23. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    I'd also like to say that I'm happy that I was put into this house. I've been getting to know all of you and I don't want that to stop in the house.

epic...when someone is voted out, could they get a period of time to say goodbye. Or will they be kicked out immediately?

Erik

24. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    i would just like to echo the sentiments of everyone who has been posting here. this "experiment" has definitely been a success so far for me. it's exactly what i had hoped it would be, a break from the landslide of redundant threads and spam that seem to dominate the JC these days. and regardless of how long i last in this game, i'm glad to have gotten to know all of you, and i hope that we will continue to be friends when this thing is all said and done.

25. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Well said, indeed deltron_zero. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.