main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Diary Room

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by epic , Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

Good points raised. A good indication of how many people are actually watching will be when the votes for eviction come in.

Instead of making the "post your thoughts once per week" or whatever, instead, I'll leave it open for anyone to post any thoughts they're having about the game, or anything else, whenever they wish. So feel free to let us know what's going through your mind.

And Erik, once someone is evicted, their access is removed to the house straight away. However, all HMs up for eviction are expected to write up a short "farewell tape" to the house, that can be PMed to me, and then posted to the house as the official "farewell".

So, on that matter, BISMARCK, JediSenoj451 and wild_karrde, can you quickly write up a farewell message to the house and your fellow HMs, and send it to me ASAP. If you don't get evicted, the "tape" won't be shown.

Keep up the thoughts!

-BB

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    //grumbles :p

3. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Okay, I have some thoughts to post.

It's going to almost ruin things if anyone leaves. We've got this great thing going with everyone, and whoever leaves is going to leave a hole where there should be someone. I'm really going to miss them. And if someone else leaves every week, the hole is just going to get bigger and bigger. I'd looked forward to this game because I thought maybe I could outlast at least some of the others (as it appears I can), and maybe even win. But now I don't care about that as much, I almost wish we could just all stay for awhile longer.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't vote people off. I mean, it is part of the game, and a part of me still looks forward to being part of an ever-more-elite group (until I get voted off myself) and all of that. But a part of me really appreciates getting to know these people better, and realizes that whoever leaves I may not get to know any better, and I'll wish that I had gotten to spend more time with them.

4. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    I know... those are my sentiments as well. I feel badly for those who were nominated... *sigh*

And on that note, I came in here to say that my bubby and I are leaving very soon to drive to Bismarck ? we're going to his 10 year HS reunion. We'll be staying at a hotel while we're there, so chances are I won't be able to access the net until we get home, which will be Sunday.

Don't get too rowdy while I'm gone! :D

5. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Bismarck huh? what are the odds? :D

anyway, i hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. see you when you get back. :)

6. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Bye, Bithy. We'll be good while you're gone, we promise... [face_mischief] [face_devil] :p

And you're going to Bismarck, I can't believe it. That's amazing. As DZ said, what are the odds?

Anyways, have a nice trip. :)

7. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah, have a nice trip, Bithy. See you soon!

8. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Have fun Bithy and hubby! :D

9. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Thanks guys! I'm here at a public library, and only have a limited time online, so I'm just gonna pop in and say "hi". :D Hope you are all having fun without me! Hehehehe...

EDIT: D'oh! I switched comps with my hubby, and he forgot to log out of my username before posting on the JC... please don't demerit me for this! *puppy dog eyes*

10. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    hey Meghan! :D

ooh, you're in big trouble now ;) :p

hope you're having a great trip :)

11. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Heheheh... well, I don't seem to be in trouble so far. That was a serious "D'oh!" moment for hubby, though. ;)

Hi Tom! (It's so weird seeing my real name used on the JC.)

EDIT: We did have a pretty good time... stayed up until 3 am talking to all his old high school buddies. They were a great bunch. :D

12. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    sounds like fun. :D

i know what you mean, it's pretty weird seeing my name too. i'm getting used to it though. :)

13. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Ah, it's always great to meet up with old friends. Well, sometimes it's not if they've changed a lot... but whatever. :)

I'm still trying to figure out all of your guys real names. :eek:

I hope no one minds me not giving out my first name. A lot of people on these boards know my last one (not too hard to figure out, ;) )... and well, I wouldn't want them to know my first name as well. :D

~*Senoj*~

14. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    i don't mind at all Senoj. :)

in fact, i was more worried that you would feel left out. if you want, i don't mind going back to our JC names.

15. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Oh, no. Don't do that. I might be gone by tomorrow so it would be pointless. ;)

Just flip Senoj around and we get.... Jones. That's half my name. You guys can call me by that if you like. :D

~*Senoj*~

16. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    you got it Jones! :)

hey, i like that! :D

17. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Can we call you Dr Jones?

;)

18. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

Just to let you know, new Nominations and WEEKLY TASKs will be up tomorrow. So, relax, take it easy, and enjoy your day while you don't have much to worry about.

And if anyone has any thoughts on the first EVICTION, and what has transpired, let BB know. He's always willing to listen.

-BB

19. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Well, I've got to be honest. If it had to be any of the three people nominated, it had to be BISMARCK.

I'm sorry to see anyone get kicked out, but you're sort of asking for it if you're not going to join in on anything.

Still, it's a pity.

20. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Yeah, I basically agree with what Casper said. I didn't want to see anyone go but given that someone had to I think that was the best choice (it's nothing against you, BISMARCK, it's just that you were never around! :p).

21. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Actually, as I have stated several times, I am very surprised it wasn't me.

I was the least popular of the three with the public (basically, when it comes right down to it, I'm not very well known at all around the JC, and was positive I was going to get evicted first.)

However, I've been pretty quiet and shy the last few weeks, and have recently relized it with this whole eviction thing. So, if I have to go this next time around, then I am determined to make this last week here in the house as special as possible... and try to get to know you guys a little better. :)

LOL. Dr. Jones is fine. I've been called by much worse. *CoughPaulaJonescough* :( ;)

~*Senoj*~

22. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I have no idea who Paula Jones is.

Oh, and you should definitely just live it up. No one really knows when they're going, so it's best to make the most of it while you're here.

:)

23. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Ah... that's right. You're from Australia. Well, let's just say a few years back she was mixed up in the whole Clinton scandal. I was living in Greece at the time, where Americans are not popular whatsoever... so they temporarily nicknamed me that. [face_plain] :p

~*Senoj*~

24. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Hey epic, how many people voted?

25. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

The topic has been raised a few times by a few HMs, but I bring it forward for everyone to discuss:

Regarding the JC voting for nominated HMs, do you feel it a violation of sorts to PM your JC friends, asking them to evict someone besides you, thus bettering your own chances? Or, do you believe this is simply playing smart?

I have no real control over what happens via PM. To an extent, when I request that nominations not be discussed, etc, I'm relying on trust. If you all agree that getting friends to evict others should be oulawed, it will have to be a trust thing.

So, what do you think? Is it a part of the game, or should we disallow it, and trust that everyone abides?

Post your thoughts!

-BB

PS: wk, 22, if I remember correctly. Which isn't guarenteed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.