main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Diary Room

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by epic , Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    It should be banned to discuss who you want to get voted out via PM.

2. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Well, seeing as getting my friends to vote for someone else is probably my only chance of survival...

I think it should be allowed. :p

3. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    i'm kind of torn, but i'm leaning toward it being disallowed. it just seems to similar to discussing nominations via PM i guess. i think these parts of the game should be something that the HMs have no control over. i mean, on the show "big brother" are the people calling all their friends to get them to vote for some one else?

4. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Ah darnit. You're right of course, but that's bye bye to me. :p

Oh well. I'll still be as helpful as I can this week. :)

5. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    don't be so certain Julie. actually, the more i think about it, there really is a fine line here. we're not forbidden to talk to our friends, so if you happened to mention that you were nominated this week and that the JC was supposed to be voting, etc. without ever saying "hey you go vote for somebody besides me" would that be okay? i know i've talked to a couple of my friends just about how the game was going and what not.

6. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    So, how many points do we have as of now?

We completed the weekly task and everyone participated.

We put up 100% of our points for that, so we must be up there.

7. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Have I been kicked out yet? Guess not, since I'm posting.

As for talking with others, if I'm gonna be nominated every week, then it woun't be useful to me, they'll just know "Today's friday, time to vote for one of the 2 people that aren't wk!" :p

Seriously, just mentioning in passing that the nominations were up is enough of a hint for someone to check them out. I say don't bother banning it. besides, we also have email, IMs, telephones, etc. Impossible to stop. And I think this would be harder to prevent under the "word of honour" agreement that we have about talking with each other about nominations ...

8. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    Maybe you being nominated could be a running joke?

Like I said, hopefully no one voted and everyone stays.

Erik

9. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    If that's a joke, I'm not laughing :p

lol, I just noticed that in my WWf thread they were talking about the nominations this week. I swear, I didn't tell them anything, I was gone all weekend!

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

Here's the Points Situation:

WEEKLY TASK #2: 1240
    DAY TASK #4: 500 (+200 bonus, +50 creativity points): 750

TOTAL: 1990

-BB

11. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Didn't we have 620 left from the previous tasks?

And Derek -- first it was 23%, now it's 19%: you're doing better! :D

12. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    i think the 1240 from the weekly task is just the 620 x 2. also, i think the 200 bonus points go with the weekly task, not the daily one.

anyway, so what can we buy? :D

13. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    3000 points gets us colors for a day. We're not there yet, but if we keep going like we have been it shouldn't take too long.

14. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    colors for a day? we've worked really hard for these points, i say we hold out for something better.

15. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Well that's the only option epic has given us so far. And I'm not exactly sure what else we could really get besides that and admin icons. Any ideas?

16. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    colors for a week? for a month? for a year? eternal VIP status? really i'm not greedy :D

or there was Kerryn's idea, become admin and ban all current mods... i think that's my favorite.

17. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Well, I always thought we should get eternal VIP status just for being in this game and allowing ourselves to be epic's guinea pigs. :D

18. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    I think we should just go for the colors for a day at the 3000 mark. Because by the time we reach 3000, another person will have to go. And it won't be fair to him/her if the rest decide to wait for a higher prize... Because that person would have worked hard for the past 4 weeks to earn those points and won't get to share in the prize.

Am I making any sense today? ?[face_plain]

~*Senoj*~

19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, I always thought we should get eternal VIP status just for being in this game and allowing ourselves to be epic's guinea pigs.

I agree :D

20. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    So, what do you think? Is it a part of the game, or should we disallow it, and trust that everyone abides?

I don't like the idea of getting other people to vote against you. Let people make up they're on freaking minds who they want out of here.

21. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    I haven't asked anyone to vote for anyone, so I am partially biased, I think, by saying I think we shouldn't try to influence anyone's decision.

Just do what you do in here and let the outside world play their part, I say.

22. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    I hadn't even thought of asking people to vote people out like that. I won't be either.

23. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    that's pretty much what i was thinking... sounds like it's settled then.

24. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Well if you guys had been nominated then you might have thought more about it! It's just, I have several (or at least a few) good friends on the JC who are probably not going to vote on their own because they aren't following BB or being around that much anywhere. But okay, I won't ask them to. Though, as someone said, there's nothing wrong with just mentioning it. ;) :p

But hey, if y'all just don't nominate me again, then it won't even be an issue. Deal? :D

25. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

We have an increase in eviction votes from the Community. From 22 in the first week to 29 last week. OoOOoo.

Just thought I'd let you all know. Move along, move along.

-BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.